Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Dec 31, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #15,768 of 151,602
That works without the tubes in it, correct?  Does it come with covers for when there are no tubes?  Or dummy tubes or something?

Dec 31, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #15,771 of 151,602
  DigitalFrontEnd, thank you sir for the pictures and the video. Man i am going to have a very large time with that preamp next Friday!

You are welcome.

Sometimes the *idea* or concept we form in our minds due to the buildup and anticipation is detached from reality,
and the product lets us down.

Not only is the Freya not a letdown, I underestimated how good it was going to be based on the Saga. 

There are very few products that actually over deliver..the Sonore microRendu is one, the Audioengine active speakers are another...and the Freya is at the top of that list.

Some notes..

Active tube stage has way more gain than either JFET or passive. JFET has a bit more gain than passive.

The quality of the inputs and outputs is top notch. It even looks better than any of the photos.

The start up and shut down is smooth as butter.

Dec 31, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #15,772 of 151,602
  Im going to put that video on repeat until my Freya arrives

tongue.gif
happy_face1.gif
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 31, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #15,775 of 151,602

Yep, you're right.

That is indeed a power amp + headphone jack. With no volume control, and no input selection, it is certainly not an integrated amp.

It may be the only product of its kind.

Dec 31, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #15,776 of 151,602
  Nothing but nothing sounds like a 6SN7.  It has to be heard to be believed.

I believe Jason's Comments about your preference of the Red Base RCA 5692 may have led to a sudden uptick in the sale of those tubes, there is definitely a Buzz about them on Head fi. Let's Hope it does not lead to the equivalent of the Dutch Tulip Market Bubble of the 1600's. Worst Case another thing to add to your growing list of Accomplishments.

Dec 31, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #15,777 of 151,602
  I believe Jason's Comments about your preference of the Red Base RCA 5692 may have led to a sudden uptick in the sale of those tubes, there is definitely a Buzz about them on Head fi. Let's Hope it does not lead to the equivalent of the Dutch Tulip Market Bubble of the 1600's. Worst Case another thing to add to your growing list of Accomplishments.

They were hard to find 30 years ago..........

I'm glad I stashed them away back then.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back