Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
May 17, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #152,176 of 153,784
So, i recently picked up a cheap ($29) WiFi 2mb microscope/camera thing… and, for yucks, took a picture of my 34 year old (but only used for 800 hours before retiring) beloved AQ7000 MC cartridge stylus…

I’m thinking I may just pick up a second SME 309 (NOT 3009!!!) headshell and give her a retry… (anyone know a good place to FIND one, I’m having no luck)

Here’s a couple of shots i managed. Thoughts? Worth a try? (At one end) or “don’t do it, dude” at the other?

Image_2024-05-17 14_58_00_579.png
I could go for a spare headshell too.

May 17, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #152,177 of 153,784
I finally got a set of headphones to use with the three Schiit headphone amps that I have, but have only used them as preamps in speaker set ups. The phones are Sennheiser HD 650, and I'm using thing with a Valhalla 2 with stock tubes and a Modi MB2. Mainly listening to Qobuz, sounds great so far. After I get used to the sound, I'll swap in an OG Modi MB, and maybe hook it up to my main system to hear how an A1 Gungnir MB sounds. I also Have a Vali 2, and Magnus I could swap in. Listening with the Schiit on my nightstand. I feel like less of a fraud posting on a headphone centric site now!

May 17, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #152,179 of 153,784
November 26th 2024.
The City and its Uncertain Walls

Thank you - I honestly forgot to put this on preorder, but this is a good reminder and good a time as any to do so!

I liked 1Q84, I am rereading all of his works prior to the new release.

I seem to recall in Japan his works are split up into two or three books, here not so, therefore they can be long.😉

I am in the middle of 1Q84 - this is one of his works that was longer than most, so I can see if it was split into three books originally. I had stopped in the middle...read three of his later novels published after that, and only now getting to finishing where I left off with 1Q84.

Then of course there is his love for music, he incorporates some in his works.

Yes, I love how he weaves this into his characters and stories. I remember they were prominent in Kafka, Norwegian Wood, and South of the Border West of the Sun.

I remember reading that Murakami is an avid vinyl enthusiast and he has a public Spotify playlist, which is very cool to listen to.

May 17, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #152,180 of 153,784
Thank you - I honestly forgot to put this on preorder, but this is a good reminder and good a time as any to do so!

I am in the middle of 1Q84 - this is one of his works that was longer than most, so I can see if it was split into three books originally. I had stopped in the middle...read three of his later novels published after that, and only now getting to finishing where I left off with 1Q84.

Yes, I love how he weaves this into his characters and stories. I remember they were prominent in Kafka, Norwegian Wood, and South of the Border West of the Sun.

I remember reading that Murakami is an avid vinyl enthusiast and he has a public Spotify playlist, which is very cool to listen to.
1715978591354.png

May 17, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #152,181 of 153,784
Great info!
+1 on Sweet Maria's. I had a Genecafe but broke it. If you have a fat wallet look on the SM site at the Hot Top. That's what I've used for the last seven years or so. I built a roasting station in my basement. Took out a window and replaced with a piece of plywood. Make big hole, put Home Depot fat dryer vent on outside. Inside a buddy gave me a GE range hood with a fan that was spare after a kitchen redo. The range hood fan is not perfect in draw, but OK for use in the basement. If you are gung ho you can get a hot top that allows control from your laptop. That’s the one I have. Great coffee for much less money and great selection of green beans to try different varieties.

May 17, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #152,182 of 153,784
Dude, you got the coffee bug worse’n me! If I even thought of splurging to the Hot top level, wifey would kill me for the insurance. I had to wheedle the 2 year (or so) ROI story to get the Genecafe back over 10 years now. I haven’t babied it (hell the 4 years I lived in texas in literally sat on my back porch with only a rain roof 24x365… I just dump the chaff every 2 batches or so…

May 17, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #152,184 of 153,784

Update, Amazon pre-order says Nov. 19, I already got my order in. :beerchug:

May 17, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #152,185 of 153,784
That’s JUST the arm, they don’t have the part. I contacted them over a year ago… Maybe they’ve changed, but ALL their parts still seem to be 3009 related. (Parenthetically, I’ve not noticed their website change or update in ages…)

What I may do is just wait til my next trip over to the UK and buy it there to save the VAT and import myself (just like I did w/ the arm waaaay back in 1990).

May 17, 2024 at 5:08 PM Post #152,186 of 153,784
That’s JUST the arm, they don’t have the part. I contacted them over a year ago… Maybe they’ve changed, but ALL their parts still seem to be 3009 related. (Parenthetically, I’ve not noticed their website change or update in ages…)

What I may do is just wait til my next trip over to the UK and buy it there to save the VAT and import myself (just like I did w/ the arm waaaay back in 1990).
Ah, got it!
I hope that works out for you.
It seems that a lot of companies lack the great customer service of their past.

May 17, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #152,187 of 153,784
May 17, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #152,188 of 153,784

Keep me in mind for one too:relaxed:

May 17, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #152,189 of 153,784
I am giving the GE5670 a second listen and loving it. My mini-rack is now completed and I allowed for a bit more airflow. A very simple design but it serves my purpose. IMG_7939.jpeg

May 17, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #152,190 of 153,784
Absolutely, I am still awaiting the translation of his latest work. (Haruki Murakami) 😁

Your cable and tube should be there tomorrow.
As should I, late. Down in Florida now, just out of the pool. Heat we won't get in Southeastern CT until July. Bringing my wife's mom back for the summer. Interesting that you're a Murakami fan. I wish you lived in Connecticut, I think you'd be a great addition to our biweekly Beer Club for Men 😀😀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back