Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread
Jan 31, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #976 of 1,697
  So, if I do end up getting the fulla 2, which is still what I am leaning toward. My upgrade path would be modimultibit with fulla 2 as amp, and then Magni Uber or Vali 2 for amp. Then I could just leave fulla 2 at work, or use it with laptop. Thoughts?

This is pretty close to my thoughts. I'm pretty happy with the Fulla 2, but it's whetted my appetite for this hobby.  I have a new pair of headphones that should be delivered in a day or two (I got a good deal on Hifiman 400i) and am probably going to upgrade soon to Modi 2 Multibit (I wanted at least the Uber for the optical input from my TV and figured I might as well spurge a bit) and Magni 2 standard or regular (honestly, the regular should be plenty for my current X2s and the 400is). I'm probably going to get them at the same time, but if I can only swing one first, I thought to go with the Magni and use the Fulla as a DAC.

Feb 1, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #977 of 1,697
Honestly my main complaint about this unit is just how wobbly it can be sometimes lol.  And maybe a gain switch since channel imbalance with efficient IEMs and headphones can be a little touchy unless you lower system volume.

It ain't perfect, but it's pretty good.

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:09 PM Post #978 of 1,697
Are there any cheap daps that the Fulla 2 can use as basically a media storage device and which the Fulla 2 can bypass the internal dac of the dap? I'm thinking of a Fiio X3ii... but would be interested if there were others. 

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #979 of 1,697

If someone is interested to listen in two Headphones at the same time, for e.g. AKG K702 and AKG K712 Pro, there is much enough power.
I built a Connector with Nordost Cable (Frey) and it sounds really well, so no problem there...

clap clap

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #981 of 1,697

If someone is interested to listen in two Headphones at the same time, for e.g. AKG K702 and AKG K712 Pro, there is much enough power.
I built a Connector with Nordost Cable (Frey) and it sounds really well, so no problem there...

clap clap

Honestly, unless you're trying to drive HE6s, I think most users are more likely to run into the issue of the Fulla 2 being too powerful (requiring them to lower volume elsewhere in their source chain or utilize the bottom end of the volume pot with channel imbalance) than they are to run into it not having enough power. It has way more power than is necessary to blow your ears out with even a moderately efficient headphone.

Uhh, what happened with that volume knob? Is wood better or something?

It looks like he just wanted an easy tactile way to tell what the volume level was without looking. (I'm assuming the "pointer" on the wood knob is aligned with the volume notch on the aluminum knob.)

Feb 3, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #982 of 1,697
I can not stand alluminium and wood really feels very good, it is really fun to handle this wooden pot. It is now also much more precise, since it is very easy and the exact position is good readable :)

The original poti was totally jammed, and I feel better when PCBs and screws and potentiometers are not so tightly fixed. I imagine, that affects among other things also on the sound.

This poti in the picture is one of five that I have made. The screw is not yet the right one (a little too long) to fix the pot, but it is enough to fix it.
If desired, further poti versions follow the next days..

Feb 3, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #983 of 1,697
I can not stand alluminium and wood really feels very good, it is really fun to handle this wooden pot. It is now also much more precise, since it is very easy and the exact position is good readable :)

The original poti was totally jammed, and I feel better when PCBs and screws and potentiometers are not so tightly fixed. I imagine, that affects among other things also on the sound.

This poti in the picture is one of five that I have made. The screw is not yet the right one (a little too long) to fix the pot, but it is enough to fix it.

If desired, further poti versions follow the next days..

Kinda cheesy. Could of left the OEM knob on and put a drop of nail polish or enamel?

Feb 4, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #985 of 1,697
Fulla 2.1

Here comes an update to Fulla 2 because I often need the audio out to feed my amp. Unfortunately, the original Fulla 2 at this point has little space for the cables - this is now simply solved, with file and some patience :)

Feb 4, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #989 of 1,697

I got banned from buying Schiit products for complaining about this in this thread. Be careful guys. :wink: 

That situation was a lot more than just a single complaint.

No need for scare tactics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back