Schiit Folkvangr - Impressions Thread
May 2, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #1,246 of 1,490
Has anyone with a FV ordered a pair of the new ZMF Atrium Closed by chance?
I dont have atrium closed, i do have atrium open.
Was immensely impressed with my verite open on Ragnarok 2, but didn't like my atrium on it.
Too bland.
Just bought a folkvangr, arrived yesterday.

Yes in Australia there is stock.
Well, 1st listening was going to be 1 hour, ended up as 4 hrs.
Holy schiit !!!!
End game ,totally.
Immense warmth, realism,soundstage, detail where do i stop ?
Have never heard music like this as presented.
This is so different

May 2, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #1,247 of 1,490
I dont have atrium closed, i do have atrium open.
Was immensely impressed with my verite open on Ragnarok 2, but didn't like my atrium on it.
Too bland.
Just bought a folkvangr, arrived yesterday.

Yes in Australia there is stock.
Well, 1st listening was going to be 1 hour, ended up as 4 hrs.
Holy schiit !!!!
End game ,totally.
Immense warmth, realism,soundstage, detail where do i stop ?
Have never heard music like this as presented.
This is so different
I am extremely satisfied by how my Atrium Open sounds on my Folkvangr. Between it and the Caldera, the Atrium Open is the ZMF I ended up purchasing first. I’ve since heard the Atticus, Auteur, and several other ZMFs on it, but I’m glad I went with the AO.

I may add a closed-back ZMF (unsure which) or LCD-XC eventually, but I have a trip planned to South Korea I need to allocate funds to.

I look forward to Folkvangr x Atrium Closed impressions!

May 2, 2023 at 11:01 PM Post #1,248 of 1,490
I can honestly say I hope you get yours well before me so you can share your opinions on the pairing.

I‘m trying to decide what I should buy as my first real tube amp. As a Schiit fanboy, the FV has a lot of allure to me. That being said, the Quicksilver HPA and Feliks Audio Euphoria (and Echo Mk2) seem like good choices as well.

I did snag a Valhalla 2 on USAM for $250. Hopefully that will hold me over while I keep reading reviews and opinions on all these tube amps.
FV is outstanding with AO, I can tell you that. FV is very special because your headphones are connected to tubes directly, you hear pure tube sound. But be ready for tube rolling.

May 3, 2023 at 11:55 AM Post #1,252 of 1,490
I've noticed the amount of headphones listed in your bio. Which headphone do you like the best with the FV?
Any 300 Ohms would be amazing: HD650, HD8xx, any ZMF. Grado will be a little noisy, but that could be issues with power in my house, I'm not sure yet. I don't have Arya or LCD-X atm, but planar Caldera was great.

May 3, 2023 at 10:18 PM Post #1,253 of 1,490
Any 300 Ohms would be amazing: HD650, HD8xx, any ZMF. Grado will be a little noisy, but that could be issues with power in my house, I'm not sure yet. I don't have Arya or LCD-X atm, but planar Caldera was great.
I've been mulling over my next headphone purchase. I currently have the HD600, I think they lack a little bit of speed. So I've been thinking of going planar, but I've also heard great things with Grados.

May 3, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #1,254 of 1,490
I've been mulling over my next headphone purchase. I currently have the HD600, I think they lack a little bit of speed. So I've been thinking of going planar, but I've also heard great things with Grados.
If you want Grado just get Vali2++ or Piety. Planars also would be better on a hybrid amp.

IMG_8164.JPG

May 4, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #1,257 of 1,490
Just asking ,its not got loads of power, am i in the majority if i say i listen around 2'oclock
What headphones do you use? The needed volume on the amp depends a lot on the headphones and source volume/level. With HD6XX I’m usually on 9-10 o’clock for music, around 11 for movies (with Gungnir as source)

May 4, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #1,260 of 1,490
I also have the Piety. At least if I don't like a headphone on the FV it might pair well with the Piety. How do you like the Hemp?
Hemp is my favorite headphone ever. But it’s not for everybody. Grado is love or hate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back