Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here.
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #721 of 2,799
The reason the old Theta Gear sounds "ballsier" is that it has 4V output.  It drives everything harder, giving it its weightier sound.  The reason all Theta gear is 4V, is because the first Theta product (and the first D/A converter), the DSPre, was 4V.  I kept it in the line, all the way out to the Progeny on all of the early burrito filters.  If you don't believe it, cut the output of the Theta stuff down to 2V and see what happens.  What remains is a 50-50 DS multibit/ds presentation that sure ain't bad.  Just not enough to scratch my itch in 2015.

So why didn't I keep 4V out standard in the Schist stuff??  Because the output level of 2V as a standard has become firm over the thirtyish years since the introduction of the DSPre, and a headphone environment is more sensitive than most to sounds which are loud beyond expectation.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 19, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #723 of 2,799
Just got mine today.  Only 2 hours warmed up so I shouldn't even be listening. 
But this is good stuff.  I can hear the spit in Cannonball Adderley's alto on Flamenco Sketches
on Kind of Blue.  Instrument timbre is really a nice step up from Uber. 
Just starting the trip....

Oct 19, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #725 of 2,799
I just received my upgraded Bifrost MB.  I ordered my Bifrost May 2012 -- 9 months after the first units started shipping (Aug/Sep 2011).  My unit's RCA jacks are not even gold plated.  The Biforst I received today has gold plated RCA jacks and the optical input has a shutter.  This probably means the whole motherboard was upgraded.  Thank you Schiit for the awesome service!!!!

Oct 20, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #726 of 2,799
My Bimby arrived at work today , it's for home  I have a portable (Blackbird) some cans here (SHP9500, Q701, T50RPand Momentum) to try it with. I wasn't expecting too much as it was cold but .. wow ... .
Really looking forward to how it sounds warm through LS50s and HD650 
bigsmile_face.gif

Biggest thing I noticed right off was the bass and space and pace.

Oct 20, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #727 of 2,799
Hi everyone,
I bought the bifrost multibit received it on Friday warmup for 4hrs cannot believe what I'm hearing I don't know how schitt does this.
I got the itch and want to get the yggy I need balanced so the bitfrost is up for sale it's 4day old if anyone is interested contact me I'm asking $590 shipped US only. You get all the
warranty.

Oct 20, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #728 of 2,799
Hi everyone,
I bought the bifrost multibit received it on Friday warmup for 4hrs cannot believe what I'm hearing I don't know how schitt does this.
I got the itch and want to get the yggy I need balanced so the bitfrost is up for sale it's 4day old if anyone is interested contact me I'm asking $590 shipped US only. You get all the
warranty.

Schiit warranty doesn't transfer.

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #735 of 2,799
As I noted earlier my Multifrost showed up yesterday. Struggled for the first 20 minutes or so warming up...pretty thin and congested. Had me a little concerned. Then it just bloomed into this incredible flower. Kept me up till 3:00 this morning . Going to be a very interesting day at work. Help...
Soundstage is bigger than Uber but somehow more intimate. Much more so. Felt more totally immersed than I ever have with headphones. As close to "being there" as I ever have with headphones. Timbre is so real when you dial it in. This is a significant upgrade for my system.
I did have one problem of occasionally clicking on a flac file and getting a distorted, static-y signal. I'd have to click thru the input channels to get back to coax and then it would be fine. I got it again once this morning and turned off the Multifrost (which had been running continuously since I got it yesterday)checked all the connections and turned it back on. Played for about 45 minutes without that issue coming up. Anybody else experienced anything like that??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back