Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here.
Oct 4, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #151 of 2,799
The uber upgrade has been out for over two years...for a dac that can be upgraded (bifrost), u gotta expect it to be coming up soon for an update. Especially when they have been updating most of there amps and dac. To me, when a company has a reputation for trying to be fair, people expect more and more.

Oct 4, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #152 of 2,799
  I am totally in the same boat. I bought my Bitfrost Uber a month and a half ago for $520. Now they are selling a newer, better version of the Bifrost for $399 which totally tanks the value of my Bifrost. I have purchased the MB upgrade and am waiting for my RMA, but am not thrilled with what it's going to cost. The whole thing is going to set me back a total of $770, as opposed to $599 for the preinstalled version. I understand that this is just the way it goes with electronics in general, but I can't help feeling bummed that I am paying a premium for the upgrade. When I bought the Uber I thought I was getting the best version of the Bifrost available, now that isn't the case. In order to get the best version I have to spend an additional $250 on top of the $520 I spent on the Uber (which was wasted money, as the Uber upgrade is totally useless now). I feel I was penalized financially for getting the Uber, I would have been better off getting the standard version with USB. The whole thing would be a lot easier to swallow if Schiit offered some sort of rebate or discount on the upgrade if the Bifrost Uber was purchased within a few months of the upgrades being released.

Feel for ya, I am not out but not for lack of trying, I contacted Schiit via email not 3 weeks ago and asked about an upcoming r2r bifrost and was told we wont discuss (I get it dont disclose secrets)  My next question between bifrost uber and modi uber and I was told how much better Bifrost was...................It appeared to me I was being steered to Bifrost

Now I like Schiit and there gear but lets be realistic they are relatively small company and they knew damn well the new Bifrost dacs were due for release very soon, and rather than put a bug in the ear they chose to try and sell what they knew would be an obsolete product...................So while I like the fact they are built in the USA, and they offer a decent product for the $$$$ I have no delusions they are in business for the $$$$ and that $$$$ is there most important driving factor

It is Capitalist America at work, nothing wrong with that, Just dont believe the hype that they care more about the hobby and audio........................Actions are much LOUDER than words

All that said after some reviews and user discussions I may upgrade my bifrost to multibit

Oct 4, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #153 of 2,799
Feel for ya, I am not out but not for lack of trying, I contacted Schiit via email not 3 weeks ago and asked about an upcoming r2r bifrost and was told we wont discuss (I get it dont disclose secrets)  My next question between bifrost uber and modi uber and I was told how much better Bifrost was...................It appeared to me I was being steered to Bifrost

Now I like Schiit and there gear but lets be realistic they are relatively small company and they knew damn well the new Bifrost dacs were due for release very soon, and rather than put a bug in the ear they chose to try and sell what they knew would be an obsolete product...................So while I like the fact they are built in the USA, and they offer a decent product for the $$$$ I have no delusions they are in business for the $$$$ and that $$$$ is there most important driving factor

It is Capitalist America at work, nothing wrong with that, Just dont believe the hype that they care more about the hobby and audio........................Actions are much LOUDER than words

All that said after some reviews and user discussions I may upgrade my bifrost to multibit

Did you not read what Jason just posted? He could accommodate you since you bought your Bifrost within the past month.

So much for them caring more about money than the hobby huh?

P.s. Your one month Bifrost is by no means "obsolete" just because a couple new upgrades came out.

Oct 4, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #154 of 2,799
Did you see that as a leading statement or after he started seeing the complaints ???  And again ACTIONS are louder than WORDS

I like Schiit but the facts are there and not disputable

Oct 4, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #155 of 2,799
My next question between bifrost uber and modi uber and I was told how much better Bifrost was...................It appeared to me I was being steered to Bifrost

I would very much like to see these emails. We do not do "hard sells," nor do we speculate on what we'll hear...but we will say that, in our opinion, Bifrost is a step up from Modi. If it went beyond that into actual selling, I'd like to know. 

And, if you have a three week old Bifrost: http://www.head-fi.org/t/782824/schiit-fire-and-save-matches-bifrost-multibit-is-here/135#post_11966790

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Oct 4, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #156 of 2,799
Apple does not go into specifics but they will release expected release dates of new hardware well in advance of a release

Oct 4, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #157 of 2,799
Yesterday's Uber is today's under. You have to admit that few companies will package a new base model that was essentially the previous full optioned version for a much lower price. $519 -> $399.
If you bought the fully loaded Bifrost a month ago, do as Jason said, give them a call, otherwise, your're gonna have to bear it and enjoy your music as what you have is not a POS by any means.
I doubt that anyone can really tell the difference when undergoing a properly conducted listening test as the Uber was already better than we are.

Oct 4, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #158 of 2,799
Do not take this the wrong way, your starting point was unreasonable and everyone has been trying - as nicely as possible - to draw that to your attention.

For your future reference, just as everyone knows there is an Apple iPhone event every September, do not buy things on the eve of the biggest personal audio show there is without accepting there may be new toy announcements!

My starting point must not have been too unreasonable as Jason is making accommodations. I'm very glad people are going to benefit from Schiit being a reasonable and fair company. I am also glad that this is a place where people can leave their condescending attitudes at the door and discuss their disagreements in a mature manner!!!

Thanks for the tip about apple products, useful stuff!!!

Oct 4, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #159 of 2,799
  Yesterday's Uber is today's under. You have to admit that few companies will package a new base model that was essentially the previous full optioned version for a much lower price. $519 -> $399.
If you bought the fully loaded Bifrost a month ago, do as Jason said, give them a call, otherwise, your're gonna have to bear it and enjoy your music as what you have is not a POS by any means.
I doubt that anyone can really tell the difference when undergoing a properly conducted listening test as the Uber was already better than we are.

Agreed,  As already mentioned I will wait for the reviews and I do appreciate the upgrade path, But I also feel this could have been handled in a better manner

Oct 4, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #160 of 2,799
Apple does not go into specifics but they will release expected release dates of new hardware well in advance of a release

Not really a big surprise seeing that Apple releases an "update" to their products every year around the fall. Therefore, it made sense to never buy an iPhone around summer.

Just as much sense to not buy a new Bifrost when the Gungnir recently got upgraded.

Oct 4, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #161 of 2,799
  It is Capitalist America at work, nothing wrong with that, Just dont believe the hype that they care more about the hobby and audio...

And now I am irritated. We release a better product, for lower cost...and we get beaten up for it. You disparage our love of audio and commitment to growing the audio enthusiast community by providing what are arguably the highest-value products in audio.

Does nobody understand that the natural trend for primarily digital product is to decrease? We have seen this in computers, we have seen this in tablets, we have seen this in phones. Why not in DACs? When production cost goes down, product cost should go down. Shoot me for trying to help.

Oct 4, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #162 of 2,799
  Agreed,  As already mentioned I will wait for the reviews and I do appreciate the upgrade path, But I also feel this could have been handled in a better manner

Do you have a three week old Bifrost? Then as noted previously, contact us.

I would also still like to see those salesy emails.

Oct 4, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #163 of 2,799
  My starting point must not have been too unreasonable as Jason is making accommodations. I'm very glad people are going to benefit from Schiit being a reasonable and fair company. I am also glad that this is a place where people can leave their condescending attitudes at the door and discuss their disagreements in a mature manner!!!

Thanks for the tip about apple products, useful stuff!!!

Hint: we have always made accommodations. That's why it's best to contact us...before blowing up.

Oct 4, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #164 of 2,799

And now I am irritated. We release a better product, for lower cost...and we get beaten up for it. You disparage our love of audio and commitment to growing the audio enthusiast community by providing what are arguably the highest-value products in audio.

Does nobody understand that the natural trend for primarily digital product is to decrease? We have seen this in computers, we have seen this in tablets, we have seen this in phones. Why not in DACs? When production cost goes down, product cost should go down. Shoot me for trying to help.

Nothing personal meant there, it is simply that you are in a business and are in business to make a profit, I have no doubt that you care about audio, but am dubious that your care of audio takes the highest concern in your business, 

If it did I sincerely doubt you would still be in business

This is not personal for me, I have an opinion as you have one, I feel like it could have been handled better..............That does not equal and accusation 

I applaud you efforts to lower the price of Audio, while still making $$$ with an American Company, I can not tell you nor anyone how many times and places I have Recommended Schiit Products

Oct 4, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #165 of 2,799

Hint: we have always made accommodations. That's why it's best to contact us...before blowing up.

I don't feel at any point I "blew up", but I'm sorry if you feel that I did or was slamming your company in any way. I like your products and think they offer an excellent value. Somehow, for some reason, this got out of control. I had no intention of making a whole thing out of this. I apologize if I caused you any stress. I am honestly impressed that you listened and decided to work with your customers the way you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back