Schiit Eitr impression and USB-SPDIF converters discussion
Feb 24, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #1,051 of 1,112
Feb 26, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #1,053 of 1,112
I need a usb to toslink adapter, what is the cleanest way to do this, need it noise free of possible, but also to have option of using the 5v USB out and not always need a LPS
What do you guys recommend, I need it to NOT have a dac

Looking at the Eitr, it does NOT have toslink, explicitly because it is not very good. Also, I can confirm that the Eitr sounds a quite lot better (not very subtle at all) than my previous USB-Digital out connection. (This could also be because the Eitr is simply a better device, regardless of output).

Feb 28, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #1,054 of 1,112
Mar 4, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #1,056 of 1,112
How does the Eitr fare up to connecting directly to the SPDIF ports of the Schiit DACs (especially Modi Multibit since I am using it)?

So far I am aware that the ranking seems to be
1. Unison USB
2. Eitr
3. USB Gen 2/3

Where would the SPDIF ports be in this case?

Mar 4, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #1,057 of 1,112
How does the Eitr fare up to connecting directly to the SPDIF ports of the Schiit DACs (especially Modi Multibit since I am using it)?

So far I am aware that the ranking seems to be
1. Unison USB
2. Eitr
3. USB Gen 2/3

Where would the SPDIF ports be in this case?
If the source is good there should be equally good to eitr. Now optical spdif has lower rate than coaxial.
I have the multibit and I couldn't hear a difference optical comming from my PCs sound card vs eitr that uses coaxial, but the USB sound was bad.
I got the Eitr because I can connect other devices with using USB and they all sound good.

So if source is good, I would put coaxial in the same rank with Eitr and toslink lower than coaxial but better than usb.

Mar 4, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #1,058 of 1,112
If the source is good there should be equally good to eitr. Now optical spdif has lower rate than coaxial.
I have the multibit and I couldn't hear a difference optical comming from my PCs sound card vs eitr that uses coaxial, but the USB sound was bad.
I got the Eitr because I can connect other devices with using USB and they all sound good.

So if source is good, I would put coaxial in the same rank with Eitr and toslink lower than coaxial but better than usb.
Thanks, sounds like me ordering the Eitr was the right choice, let's see if I can get the same experience as you once it comes!

Mar 5, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #1,060 of 1,112
Mar 5, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #1,063 of 1,112
Mar 16, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #1,065 of 1,112
Interestingly, whenever I switch on/off my JBL LSR 305 (either side), my Eitr has a chance of switching on/off by itself too. This is happening whether the Eitr is on the same surge protector with the LSR 305s or not

I am starting to think that my Eitr has a way of detecting stuff that can affect my electric power's cleanliness too?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back