Schiit Eitr impression and USB-SPDIF converters discussion
Nov 28, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #376 of 1,112
Not an impression per se, but I have a question. I ordered an Eitr yesterday, not realizing it was backordered. The website says "Orders estimated to ship the week of December 8th". Are these estimates usually more or less accurate? Here's why I ask: I live in Brazil, I chose the fastest shipping method, so it usually gets here between 2/4 days after it's shipped. But if it takes much longer than the estimate date, it might get here after Dec. 21, which is the date our office closes for the holidays (and Fedex only delivers if there's someone to sign for the package and pay for their fees).

Nov 28, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #377 of 1,112
@decodm ... Your dilemma can only really be answered by Schiit themselves (orders@schiit.com) ... anything else would be guesswork and speculation IMO.

Nov 28, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #378 of 1,112
@decodm ... Your dilemma can only really be answered by Schiit themselves (orders@schiit.com) ... anything else would be guesswork and speculation IMO.

You’re most likely right, but I’m afraid that if I e-mail them, they’re just going to refer me back to what the website says...

Nov 28, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #380 of 1,112
Sounds like very ‘tight’ timing ...

You might want Schiit to ship your item after the holidays.. that way your work place is open to accept delivery ....

Well, it's tight if they don't ship on the estimated date... Even a week late would be OK... That's why I'm trying to get a feel of how accurately they usually estimate shipping dates...

Nov 28, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #382 of 1,112
schsch
In my experience - not at all. I placed an order once, then came back to the site and the estimate was pushed forward by a week, next week - pushed forward by a week again. And no notifications. You need to keep checking the website. It wasn't Eitr, though.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll keep an eye on it, and if it gets pushed forward by more than a week I'll cancel the order and reorder it in January.

Nov 29, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #384 of 1,112
I just did that and was sent the canned response "Orders estimated to ship the week of December 8th".

I really despise Schiit's crappy communication with potential customers,so much so I'd rather find an alternative to the Eitr.Anybody know of one at a comparable price/performance?

Nov 29, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #385 of 1,112
I just did that and was sent the canned response "Orders estimated to ship the week of December 8th".

So, I ended up e-mailing them yesterday, explaining the situation, and Laura replied to me, saying that "availability on the website is an estimate based on the best information available to us, but the estimate cannot take unexpected delays into account". Also, she said that she put a note on my order, to automatically cancel it if they're unable to ship it on time. Good enough for me, if it ends up being cancelled, I'll just place a new order in january.

Nov 29, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #386 of 1,112
I really despise Schiit's crappy communication with potential customers,so much so I'd rather find an alternative to the Eitr.Anybody know of one at a comparable price/performance?

Not at a 'comparable price' ... I have an Singxer F1 and unless you power it externally with an LPS-1 (or similar) it falls short on performance by comparison IME.

Nov 29, 2017 at 3:40 PM Post #387 of 1,112
Not at a 'comparable price' ... I have an Singxer F1 and unless you power it externally with an LPS-1 (or similar) it falls short on performance by comparison IME.

Thanks.I knew about that one,was hoping there was another that was under the radar.Guess Schiit it is...sigh.

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #390 of 1,112
I ordered a couple weeks ago when it was slated to ship "the week of November 24th" and...here we are. Really not loving this long lead time. Hopefully they'll actually start shipping this week...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back