Schiit Eitr impression and USB-SPDIF converters discussion
Sep 21, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #166 of 1,112
Why would anyone choose Eitr over a RCA SPDIF PCIe card?? If your USB ports are dirty/laggy, then the best solution is to cut them out of the chain. This product makes no sense to me.

Leaving aside other reasons, you do know that laptops don't allow use of such expansion cards?

Sep 21, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #167 of 1,112
I must have money on my mind.. I called my PC a C.A.S.H. It's a C.A.P.S.

Sep 22, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #169 of 1,112
I'm sold. Tosed away the F1 already and btw it died just after 14 months.

Vintage CM6613 vs present Xmos XU208...i think it boils down to implementations just like dac.

Looking at the pics below we see abundant of caps of Eitr vs F1 already.

My MHDT with Burson V6 Vivid sings at another higher level of background darness and separation with Eitr, unheard from F1.

Setup is Battery Operated Apollo lake Chuwi12.3 with native win10 USB 2 detected sweetly. Outputed from USB3 port to ifi iSilencer( another iSilencer cover the remaining USB2 port). Oyaide USB anniversary to ifi ipurifier2 inserted into Eitr. OYAIDE DST-75R V2 Coaxial Cable RCA SPDIF to ifi ispdif into my Dac. Yes.....i want to wipe out jitter completely

Capture+_2017-09-20-22-41-02.png
Capture+_2017-09-20-22-38-36.png

Sep 23, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #171 of 1,112
IMO iPad’s lightning USB out is already excellent. You will get improvements with eitr, but it’s much smaller compared to a x86 computer

Sep 23, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #172 of 1,112
IMO iPad’s lightning USB out is already excellent. You will get improvements with eitr, but it’s much smaller compared to a x86 computer

I still hear some digital hash so for me it's far from the final word in terms of sound quality, it has an excellent UI though.

I see you have a Surface Pro, I was considering getting one as a source. How is it?

Sep 24, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #173 of 1,112
IMO, Surface Pro won’t sound good alone. You need to use the Surface Dock that isolates the USB power and that makes the sound very relaxed

Sep 24, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #174 of 1,112
Folks - I'm curious what USB cables into the Eitr owners are using. Am running an Aries Mini into Eitr using a 2 meter length of Kimber silver something or other. It wasn't too expensive when I got it several years ago from Audio Advisor, so thinking it is silver plated copper and not pure silver. It does not look to have much shielding at all. The body is maybe 3/8" - <1/2" diameter and almost transparent. Sort of red/brown colored.

For house-keeping if nothing else, I'd like to get a shorter length (e.g., 0.75 - 1.0 meter). Don't want to spend a lot. Under $100, preferably. Looking at the Pangea AG or the Pangea Premier SE. Wireworld Starlight 7 is another candidate though right at the $100 mark.

If this has already been discussed w/ref to Eitr, my apologies. I searched but couldn't find much. Please direct me to that HeadFi discussion if it exists or please provide me with your experience.

Thanks in advance.

Sep 24, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #175 of 1,112
I am using a Schiit PYST USB cable. I would put more concern into the output side cable. With the Eitr isolating and reclocking the data the input side just needs a decent cable.

Sep 24, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #176 of 1,112
Folks - I'm curious what USB cables into the Eitr owners are using. Am running an Aries Mini into Eitr using a 2 meter length of Kimber silver something or other. It wasn't too expensive when I got it several years ago from Audio Advisor, so thinking it is silver plated copper and not pure silver. It does not look to have much shielding at all. The body is maybe 3/8" - <1/2" diameter and almost transparent. Sort of red/brown colored.

For house-keeping if nothing else, I'd like to get a shorter length (e.g., 0.75 - 1.0 meter). Don't want to spend a lot. Under $100, preferably. Looking at the Pangea AG or the Pangea Premier SE. Wireworld Starlight 7 is another candidate though right at the $100 mark.

If this has already been discussed w/ref to Eitr, my apologies. I searched but couldn't find much. Please direct me to that HeadFi discussion if it exists or please provide me with your experience.

Thanks in advance.

I am using a Schiit PYST USB cable. I would put more concern into the output side cable. With the Eitr isolating and reclocking the data the input side just needs a decent cable.

I am also using the Schiit PYST USB cable to Eitr with a 1ft Blue Jeans Cable 1505F Coax going to Mimby. Both are fantastic quality cables.

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #178 of 1,112

Thanks in advance.
I'm using the Anticables reference usb cable - .5 meter.

Sep 24, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #179 of 1,112
Think you should concentrate on the coax RCA out of Eitr more. If it were directly connected to your USB dac ,than a better USB cable is prefered.

Im using Oyaide USB 5S continental into Eitr.

Sep 24, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #180 of 1,112
Think you should concentrate on the coax RCA out of Eitr more.

@slex - As mentioned above, Silverstar 75! coax runs from Eitr to Gungnir.

The Silverstar was a relatively recent "upgrade'" used w/V-Link 192 and now w/Eitr. No inclination to replace it.

Thanks, @dmhenley. I checked that out on the Anticable site. A bit more than I'm inclined to spend. Interesting looking design, however.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back