Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
Jun 14, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #136 of 3,339
Quote:
I believe their end of the year DAC will be called the Ragnarok... the doom of the gods.
biggrin.gif
It's an event not a place, but COME ON Schiit. XD

On the plus side, if Bifrost, the rainbow bridge, counts as a place then Yggdrasil, the world tree, must count as a place too.

Jun 14, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #137 of 3,339
Hey all,

Just a quick update: we'll be making our official announcement about Bifrost on June 30. As soon as we announce, complete details will be available on the site, including the beloved FAQ.

Yeah, I know, we're skating till the end of the month, we're terrible people, etcetera, etcetera. But Mike really really wants this perfect. 

Wish us happy birthday--Schiit is one year old today!

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 14, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #138 of 3,339
Thanks for the heads up Jason, and happy birthday to you guys!

Looking forward to the end of the month. I've got that long to save for a Lyr and maybe the Bifrost!

Jun 14, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #139 of 3,339

Quote:
Hey all,

Just a quick update: we'll be making our official announcement about Bifrost on June 30. As soon as we announce, complete details will be available on the site, including the beloved FAQ.

Yeah, I know, we're skating till the end of the month, we're terrible people, etcetera, etcetera. But Mike really really wants this perfect. 

Wish us happy birthday--Schiit is one year old today!

All the best,
Jason

So my Asgard is almost a year old (S/N 140) !!!! An I haven't used my warranty yet !!! Damn !!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hey !! Today is also my mom's B-Day....she would have turned 80 !!!

Anyway, I also look forward to this DAC to match with the Asgard !!!

Happy Birthday to your team...

Denys

Jun 14, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #140 of 3,339
Happy Birthday Schiit Audio!

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #141 of 3,339
Happy Birthday from Dubai!!

I only know one more Dubai head-fier but between the two of use we already have 3 Schiits and I bet soon 5 following your announcement. :) Please make sure you think about your distributors in the region too

All the best wishes for the next year....

Jun 14, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #144 of 3,339
I hope one of their DAC's offers preamp functionality with a digitally controlled discrete analog volume control.  But not a pot.

E.g. Perhaps something like what Lavry did with the DA11 or W4S did with their STP Preamp (not their DAC which has a digital volume control).
I believe Meier has done something similar as well.

Jun 23, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #149 of 3,339
one more week till announcement? man I'm super excited. i have been in the market for a entry level stand-alone DAC for a few months and decided to hold off after hearing that there's one or more coming from Schiit Audio. this is going to be good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back