Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
Jun 23, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #151 of 3,339

Hey my bday is on june 30th
Quote:
Hey all,

Just a quick update: we'll be making our official announcement about Bifrost on June 30. As soon as we announce, complete details will be available on the site, including the beloved FAQ.

Yeah, I know, we're skating till the end of the month, we're terrible people, etcetera, etcetera. But Mike really really wants this perfect. 

Wish us happy birthday--Schiit is one year old today!

All the best,
Jason

Jun 25, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #154 of 3,339
Unless I missed something, it is announce June 30 and ship sometime in August.
Quote:
Hey guys--we'll definitely announce this month, but remember, this month has 30 full days in it . . .

Seriously, though, it'll probably be between the middle and end of the month. Mike and I are doing some final tweaks and finishing up the orders for production now. Expect it to go something like this:

June 15-30: First DAC announcement, and some details on the next ones. 
August 15-30: First DAC ships.

And, oh yeah . . . the first DAC's name is: Bifrost. 

You heard it here first!

Hope that helps, Killbox.

Jun 25, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #155 of 3,339
I am pretty sure that it will be announced on 27 th. The Lyr was announced on a 27th as well. Not sure about shipping. Hope it is not far away. Can't wait to hear what it is like.

Jun 27, 2011 at 6:13 PM Post #157 of 3,339
Hey all,

We're busy working on the site--hopefully launching a new shopping cart that's easier to use and offers more payment options (Google Checkout, PayPal)--before the Bifrost announcement.

Expect the actual announcement to happen on the 30th . . . and expect it to be worth the wait. 

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 27, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #158 of 3,339
Wowowowow :)

*rubbing hands*

3 more days to go :)

Jun 27, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #160 of 3,339
Thanks for keeping us updated, Jason!  Anxious as ever to hear what Schitt you guys cooked up!!!  
wink.gif

Jun 28, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #161 of 3,339
Thanks for the update Jason. Means that I can stop checking your website for a couple of days. Exciting times.

Jun 28, 2011 at 7:57 AM Post #162 of 3,339
Sort of looking for a new dac, I stumbled accross this thread. 

Now I'm pretty sure I can wait, the old DAC will be fine until the Bifrost (brilliant choice of name for a DAC btw!!) starts shipping. Can't wait!

Jun 28, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #163 of 3,339

Quote:
Hey all,

We're busy working on the site--hopefully launching a new shopping cart that's easier to use and offers more payment options (Google Checkout, PayPal)--before the Bifrost announcement.

Expect the actual announcement to happen on the 30th . . . and expect it to be worth the wait. 

All the best,
Jason

Well you can expect a transfer of funds from my account to you on the 30th.  I would wait for reviews, but seeing how all of your other items did when they were released that might mean I wont get my hands on one for a couple months.  Might be nice if I could get my hands on number 00001, or possibly 387 to match my Lyr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back