Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
Oct 21, 2011 at 5:47 AM Post #1,097 of 3,339
     Quote:
Congrats on your Cirrus Speakers. Mine are on order... Did you get the upgraded CAPS an Raal Core upgrade? Hope to place an oder for either the Bifrost or NFB-2 next...

Yes RAAL Amorphous core, V-Cap Teflon on the tweeter, V-Cap Copper on the woofer. Mundorf silver/gold wire on the tweeter. Hang in there, Ryan takes a while but likes to do things properly.... What are you getting?

I have had a much better source and amplification chain in the past, so it is frustrating to have these speakers with a cheap integrated amp and blu-ray player. Getting the Bifrost is the next step to rebuilding my system.

Most people here are going to use the Bifrost with cans, so I hope to offer another perspective.

Oct 21, 2011 at 9:23 AM Post #1,100 of 3,339
Although I have been a long time browser, I joined today to add my thoughts as I must have one of the first shipped (non-USB, number 2!). I also listen through speakers so realise my experiences may be different to those who mainly listen through headphones.

Over time, much of my music has seemed a little less satisfying to my ears and I had started to wonder if age changes were affecting my listening pleasure or whether my CD players (a 508 and a G08) were losing their touch. I know it is early days yet, and all changes take time to fully evaluate, but I have to say I am blown away. To say this DAC has lifted a veil would be an understatement. I know both my players are a little long in the tooth, but neither were slouches in this area in their hey-dey but neither can hold a candle to the Bifrost.

This one definitely won't be going back!

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #1,101 of 3,339
Hey everyone,
Ive never had a DAC before so Im not sure if I did this right or even needed it so I ask for guidance.

I have a Krell s300i amp connected to Totem Hawks. I recently picked up a Logi Touch to stream all my lossless iTunes and Pandora. I was told that adding a DAC to the system would greatly improve the dynamics of my streaming music. After much research I ended up ordering this Schiit(currently on its way). I will probably connect my comcast cable box to this also hoping that might make a difference.

So, am I doing this right? Will I notice a difference or did I buy a pretty paperweight?

Thanks in advance.

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #1,103 of 3,339
I'm just wondering if anyone could please give me insight here.

If i connect the BIFROST to the line-in on my audioengine A5s using an RCA Y connector, will this have an adverse effect on my sound quality?  I know the new A5+ have RCA line in, but mine only has the 3.5 jack.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Oct 21, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #1,105 of 3,339
Why are there no folks saying anything about the shiny new DAC they just got??? Several people by now should have this piece, if nobodies talking about it, well I don't think thats a good thing?? If folks got the DACs and loved them this thread would be bulging at the seams?? Was this DAC a miss or are people just afraid to say??????????

Oct 21, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #1,106 of 3,339
Whoa, ease up on the question marks 
wink_face.gif
 I think for the most part, Schiit has struggled to ramp up supply due to vendors not delivering components when promised. I'd image quite a few customers ordered with the USB card, and those might start shipping today. I expect this forum will be exploding by end of next week. Everything I have heard has been good - can't wait for mine.

Quote:
Why are there no folks saying anything about the shiny new DAC they just got??? Several people by now should have this piece, if nobodies talking about it, well I don't think thats a good thing?? If folks got the DACs and loved them this thread would be bulging at the seams?? Was this DAC a miss or are people just afraid to say??????????

Oct 21, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #1,107 of 3,339
+1 to what Misterrogers is saying except it might be a little longer than that even before serious reviews start coming in. Even if my USB model ships Monday ill most likely not get it till Friday, maybe Monday, then most peeps will usually want at least two weeks with it first to really get to know the sound before making any definitive comments in fear they might have to redact later. The Lyr took time as well to get serious thought put out. Just be patient as the Quick Bunny always used to say.

Oct 21, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #1,109 of 3,339
+2. I think there will be a large number of units in people's hands quite suddenly. And indeed, quite a lot of time will be needed before reliable impressions can be formed. While I'm waiting for mine to arrive, I'm going to get in shape by comparing the two DACs I've already got.

Oct 21, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #1,110 of 3,339
Hey all, another update:

1. USB boards are now in, and we're in the process of testing and burning them. First shipments are likely to happen Monday, not today as we'd planned. Apologies again.

2. All non-USB pre-orders will be shipped by Wednesday under the current plan.

3. Next week, we're hoping to get a couple of review units out, including one to Skylab (we talked him into waiting for USB--probably not our brightest move.)

4. Balanced DAC and other stuff has been pushed out, so we can focus on Bifrost. It's likely we'll be in a short back-order period almost immediately on clearing pre-orders, so we're planning for additional production. It's kind of insane to introduce a new product at this time. I'm still confident we will announce this year.

5. Lyr is in-stock again, and Asgard is on-target to be in-stock again next week. 

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back