Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
Jun 30, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #286 of 3,339
Within 6 months is what was mentioned. I hope we have a prototype or something at RMAF, though.

Jun 30, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #287 of 3,339
I am predicting that the higher end DAC will implement some programmable features using Mr Moffat's expertise.

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #291 of 3,339
Subscribed--

Been looking for a dedicated DAC to run to a receiver for an external Canton setup... maybe Schitt will provide decent offerings?

Jul 1, 2011 at 2:50 AM Post #292 of 3,339

Quote:
When is the high end 'beast' dac hitting? End of the year?

-Daniel

I guess so, Jason said that 2 others DACs will be revealed on next 6 months... so probably in the end of the year.

Jul 1, 2011 at 4:56 AM Post #293 of 3,339
So I assume the next DAC which is balanced will be around $749 without USB and the next one I don't really care, not for my wallet
jecklinsmile.gif
. My question is for Jason, so technically Bifrost is a DAC for all of yours headamps for now, right? Is it match-buddy for Lyr? What I mean is when you will release the next DAC, will there be more amps? I don't wanna pull the plug on Bifrost and the next thing I know is balanced DAC from Schiit for $549 without USB! I think you can help a lot of people who are hesitant. Will it make sense to use Lyr with this new DAC which will be balanced? 

Jul 1, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #294 of 3,339
So I assume the next DAC which is balanced will be around $749 without USB and the next one I don't really care, not for my wallet
jecklinsmile.gif
. My question is for Jason, so technically Bifrost is a DAC for all of yours headamps for now, right? Is it match-buddy for Lyr? What I mean is when you will release the next DAC, will there be more amps? I don't wanna pull the plug on Bifrost and the next thing I know is balanced DAC from Schiit for $549 without USB! I think you can help a lot of people who are hesitant. Will it make sense to use Lyr with this new DAC which will be balanced? 

I would say go for the Bifrost since the Lyr doesn't have balanced inputs anyways.
However I think it has been hinted that there is a new balanced amp coming down the pipe.

Jul 1, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #295 of 3,339

Chip rating =/= implementation rating. In fact, the EE Minimax is rated 90dB S/N through the tube output and 95 through the SS output, despite the 129dB rating of the chip.

AKM4399 = 123dB rated

Like I said, we're *very* conservative, especially on specs like this that are basically BS and benchracing.

And, I will not say anything more, but the real top-end will be *much* better than Sabre. Think total redefinition, not remixing what everyone else is doing.

Heh, can't wait to confirm this... :cool:

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #297 of 3,339
My guess is that a balanced version of the Bifrost would come in at around $449-$499 (plus $100 more for USB), and the top end unit will be hopefully more like $799. This would be more in the Schiit way of making quality audio affordable.

Jul 1, 2011 at 3:33 PM Post #298 of 3,339
My guess is that a balanced version of the Bifrost would come in at around $449-$499 (plus $100 more for USB), and the top end unit will be hopefully more like $799. This would be more in the Schiit way of making quality audio affordable.

Im thinking the top end unit will be more in the 800's for the full blown system IMHO and even at that price it will be a steal

Jul 1, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #300 of 3,339
Quote:
$500 balanced? Not possible, you are asking too much. I mean if it would be true, so who would buy Bifrost? No one.

Someone who need the USB more than the balanced...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back