Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
Aug 30, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #2,881 of 3,339
Quote:
Here's the express Gungnir that will be shipping for those who can't wait.

Meanwhile, settle back and have a cuppa...

Sep 1, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #2,882 of 3,339
Quote:
Here's the express Gungnir that will be shipping for those who can't wait.

HA,Ha.....I have that little cmoy amp
dt880smile.png

Sep 10, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #2,885 of 3,339
Have anybody tested, is Bifrost sensitive to the quality of usb to spdif converters? I have a USB version, so never tried SPDIF, but increasing quantity of reviews saying that coax input is quite better stimulated me 
smile.gif

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #2,887 of 3,339
Quote:
Actually, when they sayt the DACs click do they mean u hear it from the headphones? or is it just a click coming from the dac externally (not sure how to word this XD)

My Bifrost clicked through the headphones I think. I mostly use open cans so it's hard to remember. 

But you do hear the mute/relay audbily coming from Bifrost externally.

Sep 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #2,889 of 3,339
Quote:
Ah, ok. I dont mind an external mute/relay but sudden muting of my music would be quite annoying :x

No, that mute/relay is upon turn on and shut off. Turn on Bifrost 20 secs later you'll hear the click.

You'll get the clicking through the headphones upon pausing a song or having no audio playing.  Like a nice irritating reminder
that Bifrost wants to be fed.

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #2,890 of 3,339
Quote:
Actually, when they sayt the DACs click do they mean u hear it from the headphones? or is it just a click coming from the dac externally (not sure how to word this XD)

Clicking noise comes from the DAC not through your headphones.

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #2,894 of 3,339
Quote:
the clicking is out of control. it drives me nuts. i hear clicking every time i hit the back button in an internet browser among many other normal computer processes.

Yeah, it clicks at sound start and stop to mute and unmute itself, just disable Windows sounds or have music playing and it shouldn't anymore.

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #2,895 of 3,339
Quote:
Turn off windows sounds.

I run system sounds through the computer's internal speaker so it doesn't interfere with the music/DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back