Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
Mar 21, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #2,566 of 3,339

Right, it's meaningless, which is why I threw out such an arbitrary number to begin with.  In no way was that a literal figure I was aiming for...seriously?  It was the concept of a perceived improvement in performance, not a statistical measurement.

I just want my rig to sound better, is that so wrong?

Quote:
its also pretty meaningless, i really wish people would stop even trying to attribute such rigid percentile/incremental differences between random combinations of equipment, as heard by different people with different tastes

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #2,567 of 3,339

Quote:
its also pretty meaningless, i really wish people would stop even trying to attribute such rigid percentile/incremental differences between random combinations of equipment, as heard by different people with different tastes

If that ever happened, this WHOLE website would shutdown as no one would care! Audio really is subjective. Everyone hears things entirely different and has different tastes in what they like. So really, there is no point in asking what anything sounds like, whether it be amps, DACs, cables, or headphones, as the only possible way to get any kind of useful answer to those kinds of questions is to buy whatever it is in question and try it yourself. Everything else is just hearsay.

Quote:
Whoever came up with the corporate name Schiit Audio either was a genius or made the best happy coincidence ever.  The name alone seems to spark up an interesting potty humor discussion.

Even the names of the amps/dacs seem to bring random discussion.

Its marketing genius~

Yea it was a good name choice, I dont know about marketing genius, its been done many times before in every industry in existence, but it was still a goo route to go.

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #2,568 of 3,339

I just interpreted it to mean that he will be happy with a small improvement in sound quality.

Mar 21, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #2,569 of 3,339
Mar 23, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #2,570 of 3,339
The anticipation of the announcement is killing me...

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #2,573 of 3,339
Mar 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #2,574 of 3,339
Sigh, its been one week since Jason's message. Where's the announcement??? :)

Mar 27, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #2,575 of 3,339
patience_yoda-23672.jpg

patience-5019.jpg

Mar 27, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #2,576 of 3,339

Quote:

Yup, something I've learnt in audio. Almost all my purchases have come after long waits. Though I have to say sometimes the waiting makes the final receiving of the product so much better. The only product in recent history that I bought without a pre-order is the Audez'e LCD-3s I think and of course they were recently "improved" so still kinda had to wait a bit for the final version. :)

Mar 29, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #2,577 of 3,339
Well, the preliminary store pages are up (if you change the product ID):

Prices: $750 each
Shipping June 2012

MJOLNIR: http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=10

GUNGNIR: http://schiit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back