Schiit DACs (Bifrost and Gungnir down, one to go)? The information and anticipation thread.
Feb 6, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #2,206 of 3,339

Quote:
from the Schiit web site Bifrost page as of this morning:

STATUS: Backordered. Orders placed now will ship in early February.

Quote:
Bifrost: Updated to mid-February now. I've been checking on the availability of Schiit products daily (sometimes hourly), and Valhalla is being pushed back to early February. If Valhalla doesn't ship in the middle of next week, I'm gonna cancel and get the Lyr instead.

As of 6 Feb 11:00 AM EST at the  Schitt web site:
STATUS: We will begin shipping backorders this week (2/5) and will have backorders cleared in 1-1.5 weeks. Orders placed now will ship after backorders are cleared.

Feb 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #2,207 of 3,339

Quote:

As of 6 Feb 11:00 AM EST at the  Schitt web site:
STATUS: We will begin shipping backorders this week (2/5) and will have backorders cleared in 1-1.5 weeks. Orders placed now will ship after backorders are cleared.

That's great! I couldn't wait for the Valhalla, so I got the Lyr. Been waiting for a week (not Schiit's fault, but Fedex's), but it should be here tomorrow. I'm thinking of getting the Bifrost in April or May.

Feb 7, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #2,211 of 3,339
   Quote:
You can get a new Bifrost on Amazon next day if you really can't wait.

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

http://www.amazon.com/SCHIIT-BIFROST-Upgradable-32-bit-Conversion/dp/B006YWRW36

Feb 7, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #2,212 of 3,339

Quote:
   Quote:

Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

http://www.amazon.com/SCHIIT-BIFROST-Upgradable-32-bit-Conversion/dp/B006YWRW36

Try this one.  They say they have 5 in stock.  The also have a 30 day return period.

http://www.amazon.com/Schiit-Audio-Bifrost-Upgradable-BITPERFECT/dp/B0074SG3RK/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1328657386&sr=1-2

Feb 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #2,214 of 3,339
Just got mine, i immediately notice improvement vs my halo claro analog out put(now is halo claro optical--->bifrost--->wa3--> hd650). the vocals are in place, before it was too forward for me, and it doesn't sound too bright anymore, i can now enjoy those songs that were too harsh or vocally underwhelming before, love it!

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #2,215 of 3,339
So I would be interested in ordering one of these however I don't want to spend the $100 on the USB. My laptop does not have a SPDIF or optical anything all I have are typical USB ports, and eSATA and an HDMI plus the obvious 3.5mm headphones jack. How would I connect the Bifrost to any of those via a converter (under $50)?

Feb 8, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #2,218 of 3,339

Quote:
So I would be interested in ordering one of these however I don't want to spend the $100 on the USB. My laptop does not have a SPDIF or optical anything all I have are typical USB ports, and eSATA and an HDMI plus the obvious 3.5mm headphones jack. How would I connect the Bifrost to any of those via a converter (under $50)?

Many of the new laptops (and I assume yours was purchased within the last four or five years since you have HDMI) have optical through the 3.5mm headphone jack. Test it out with an optical to 3.5mm converter head. If red light shines through, you've got optical.

This is what one of those converters look like: 

If you don't have one of these, you can probably get them really cheap online or barring that, buy an optical cable at Wal-Mart that has these (make sure to read the package to be sure it has these). I bought a Phillips cable for 16 bucks at Wally World and it came with these converters (one for each end). Make sure you have music directed to the optical output; otherwise, no red light will show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back