Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Feb 24, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #2,701 of 4,878
Had both the phonitor and Jot 1 and Jot 2 here with Bifrost 1 and Bifrost 2.

I preferred the combination of the Bifrost 2 with the Jot 2 over the phonitor here with Hedds, Empyreans, Focal Clears and HD600 and Hd650.
I actually had a $5495 Chord Hugo TT2 here and the Jot 2 was as good as the amp and the B2 as good as the dac in the Chord.

We all here differently for sure, but tbh its not worth $5495 for a just as good experience with a $699 Bifost 2 + $399 Jot2 = $1100 compared to a TT2 or even a phonitor amd/dac.

The Jot2 has more than enough power and SE + Balanced for most any headphone.
The Hedds, Focals and Meze are gone, replaced with Final Audio D8000 Pros, ADX 5000 and HD 650 (still) and I still stand by these comments for the Schiit Bifrost 2 and the Jot 2. Superb setup..

Alex

Feb 26, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #2,702 of 4,878
Ordered on Tuesday. Schitt says 2-4 weeks wait for shipping. I expected to possibly have to wait a month.

My silver Bifrost2 shipped the next day and almost got here today!

Mar 6, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #2,703 of 4,878
Any idea they're they're going to release new DAC modules that make use of the new TI chips they're using on the Yggdrasil nowadays?

e.g. TI DAC8812 and TI DAC11001

Mar 9, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #2,704 of 4,878
Any idea they're they're going to release new DAC modules that make use of the new TI chips they're using on the Yggdrasil nowadays?

e.g. TI DAC8812 and TI DAC11001
I haven't seen or heard anything myself. But you never know !

Mar 19, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #2,705 of 4,878
Anyone have success in rolling in/upgrading power cables on the BF2? I recently put in a silver monosaudio 14AWG cord (this one) and didn't think much in terms of sound quality differences, until I took it out and put the "courtesy" cord back in. At least between those two, I think I prefer the sound of the stock cable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , which is too bad, the silver power cord looks really, really good hooked up to the BF2. I have an audioquest NRG-Y3 en route but that probably won't be hooked up for long either.

Mar 20, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #2,706 of 4,878
Anyone have success in rolling in/upgrading power cables on the BF2? I recently put in a silver monosaudio 14AWG cord (this one) and didn't think much in terms of sound quality differences, until I took it out and put the "courtesy" cord back in. At least between those two, I think I prefer the sound of the stock cable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ , which is too bad, the silver power cord looks really, really good hooked up to the BF2. I have an audioquest NRG-Y3 en route but that probably won't be hooked up for long either.
Seriously ?
Wow...

Mar 20, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #2,707 of 4,878
Seriously ?
Wow...
If the power supply is designed well, it really shouldn't make a difference unless the stock one has some defect imo.

Mar 20, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #2,710 of 4,878
Mar 20, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #2,711 of 4,878
Power cables are a different matter. At no point in use do they carry signals--they simply convey power from your home's main supply to your devices' power supplies. This is important, to be sure, and without a power cable your system isn't going to do very much at all, but the question of course is not whether the cable is essential but whether there are differences in performance between reasonably-well-constructed power cords, and on that question we have to say that the answer is simply "NO."

So what device does not have a reasonably well- constructed power cord?

Mar 20, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #2,712 of 4,878
Power cables are a different matter. At no point in use do they carry signals--they simply convey power from your home's main supply to your devices' power supplies. This is important, to be sure, and without a power cable your system isn't going to do very much at all, but the question of course is not whether the cable is essential but whether there are differences in performance between reasonably-well-constructed power cords, and on that question we have to say that the answer is simply "NO."

So what device does not have a reasonably well- constructed power cord?
I haven't come across one and would most likely expect poor performance to be a defect in most cases.

Mar 20, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #2,713 of 4,878
I use Pangea AC-14 power cables on my BF2s and all my audio gear where applicable. Can't say I hear a notable difference, but they seem better shielded than typical power cables and my objective was to minimize potential EMI being picked up by my interconnects. Cable tidiness is an area which needs more of my attention. 😄

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #2,714 of 4,878
I use Pangea AC-14 power cables on my BF2s and all my audio hear where applicable. Can't say I hear and audible difference, but they seem better shielded than typical power cables and my objective was to minimize potential EMI being picked up by my interconnects. Cable tidiness is an area which needs more of my attention. 😄
Those cables are reasonably priced and I'm mostly opposed to things in the hundreds of dollars range.

In most cases where there is an improvement, a surge protector with EMI shielding and the stock cable would have done the same job IMO. Cable routing can also fix EMI to interconnects rather than expensive shielded cables, but your environment and needs may vary there, so it's use-case based and understandable.

I use stock cables on everything and with cyber power UPS' (surge output only on audio gear), or Furman power strips both with EMI/RFI filtering.

https://www.amazon.com/Furman-SS6B-Power-Conditioner/dp/B0002D017M?th=1

in scenarios with atrocious wall power, an isolation transformer/regenerator may be needed. but it's fixing a problem, and bringing performance up to baseline, not improving anything beyond that, and the cables from that device to the audio gear shouldn't make a huge difference.

I'm a firm believer in the theory of diminishing returns. As you spend more and more, sure you're Improving things, but for an imperceptible audible benefit.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #2,715 of 4,878
I didnt want to get into a power cables are a great way to improve your sound etc....system or experience.
Whether replacing a power cord with a different one improves anything has been debated for years....

IMO....you just throwing your money down the toilet.

But there are some really nice toilets out there!
LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back