Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Apr 27, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #916 of 4,939
Yeah I ordered on the 13th and have been being told almost everytime I've asked that it would be a week or two. Now they are telling you a few more weeks. I asked Jason on the thread and he said to ask the orders people. Only thing I can assume is some of the parts come from two different companies in California and one of those is hampered by the virus. Good thing I've got a bifrost multibit here to tide me over. I am sure they are doing all THEY can and want to ship them as bad as we want to receive them. "GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT".
Yeah, it's challenging to run a business right now. I feel for them with their suppliers being impacted, and the extra effort they have to go through to keep their employees safe. It's also rough being trapped at home waiting on a new toy to keep us distracted. I guess everyone loses when a pandemic happens.

Good things do indeed come to those who wait though - the Bifrost 2 is worthy of a delay!

Apr 30, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #919 of 4,939
Please let me know who answered your inquiry. We should not be calling other companies idiots. Also, contact orders@schiit.com and have them swap the Bifrost just in case.

Sounds like the update didn't work, because after the update, Bifrost 2 cannot triple flash. You do need an SD card with the formatting specified, in the size range specified. If we didn't send you a formatted SD card with the new firmware on it, contact orders@schiit.com and have us send you one. When updating, the LEDs will flash in a totally different sequence, like this:

You're right, the firmware is correctly installed now.
Thanks for your time.

Apr 30, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #920 of 4,939
Schiit told me the same thing today. No parts, not sure when they will have them. Possibly several weeks. Sucks but it is what it is. I think maybe they should just remove the option to purchase them on their site. It sounds like it will be a while before we get them.

Apr 30, 2020 at 11:56 PM Post #926 of 4,939
If it's anything like the one I ordered and returned, they don't charge your card until it ships, so it's not like you are actually out any money.
Sort of but responsible people put the money up to immediately pay off the card once it is charged. I did and will pay the 785.00 once the card shows the charge. So yeah we are actually out the money once ordered unless we cancel the order.

May 1, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #927 of 4,939
I'm fine waiting as long as they don't cut any corners to get them out. I don't want some Corona special where they changed out parts since they couldn't get what they needed. I'm only thinking about this because, in my line of work, there are certain electronic components that are almost impossible to get at the moment due to factory closures.

It would be nice if Schiit commented on this and the delay in a more detailed manner.

Last edited:
May 1, 2020 at 12:12 PM Post #928 of 4,939
Sort of but responsible people put the money up to immediately pay off the card once it is charged. I did and will pay the 785.00 once the card shows the charge. So yeah we are actually out the money once ordered unless we cancel the order.

Whether you pay off immediately or not is irrelevant. My point is that you have yet to be charged for the product. They didn't take your money and then ask you to wait on shipping delays.

May 1, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #929 of 4,939
Whether you pay off immediately or not is irrelevant. My point is that you have yet to be charged for the product. They didn't take your money and then ask you to wait on shipping delays.
It is not irrelevant at all. You have to put the money up to pay it when due. Nobody said they took money but with an existing order they will. I'm done with this conversation and will leave it alone. Still can't wait to get it.....lol.

May 1, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #930 of 4,939
It is not irrelevant at all. You have to put the money up to pay it when due. Nobody said they took money but with an existing order they will.
I'm confused about what you're saying. Are you prepaying to the credit card for a charge that hasn't been posted to the account yet? I can understand that it is one way to set aside money for an expected charge to come, but that is not the best practice for online purchases. I've ordered things from Amazon that became backordered and subsequently canceled because the item became unavailable. You can come up with other ways that you can set aside money for impending charges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back