Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Aug 28, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #1,264 of 4,957
It’s incrementally better but exponentially more expensive. For my peace of mind yes it’s worth it. I had the Modius then demoed the Bifrost at the Shitt’r. I ordered one same night and returned the Modius.

I agree with this. I have no regrets on returning the Modius for the Bifrost. For me, it's worth the peace of mind knowing that I have what's considered one of the best DACs out there. It was also a noticeable improvement over the Modius and I still look forward to listening to it each day.

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:39 AM Post #1,265 of 4,957
If you have any experience with it, could you compare the iFi Purifier to the Schiit Eitr? I'm using an Eitr with my Mimby right now.

Unfortunately, no, I do not. Sorry. The more I listen and the more this thing settles in, I can't believe the difference it's made. Before I found it to be one heck of a tweak but now its inching toward a component upgrade. Keep in mind most of my observations are in my two-channel system. I'm hearing the improvement in my headphone rig no doubt but in my two-channel system it's very, very noticeable. The impact on the soundstage alone is insane. The music just floats more freely of the speakers in a huge soundstage.

Aug 28, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #1,267 of 4,957
Audiophiles never achieve "peace of mind". There is always a nagging feeling that something could be better.

Just one advice: Don’t ever fall into audio nervosa :)

Aug 28, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #1,268 of 4,957
I rush into it headlong and willingly. 😄

Aug 29, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #1,271 of 4,957
I would like to use both outputs of the BF2 to switch between 2 of my amps. Unfortunately both of my amps are single ended, Can i simply buy XLR to RCA adapters and use both outputs?

Aug 29, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #1,272 of 4,957
I would like to use both outputs of the BF2 to switch between 2 of my amps. Unfortunately both of my amps are single ended, Can i simply buy XLR to RCA adapters and use both outputs?
There is no output switch on the BF2 to select between the two outputs. You can simply use an pair of RCA Y-connectors on the outputs.

Aug 29, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #1,273 of 4,957
With BF2 XLR (balanced) and RCA (SE) are both outputting signal simultaneously. Y-adapters or a Schiit SYS switch will do just fine.

Sep 1, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #1,275 of 4,957

This is a question I have as well. Planning on buying a Bifrost 2 soon (hoping to find one used) and want to use this to source my PC speakers as well as my RSA Raptor. Am I able to have both of these connected (my speakers can accept a balanced signal and amp accepts RCA) so I plan on connecting the speakers via XLR output and amp via RCA. Is this going to work as I expect?

Also, if anyone has a line on a used bifrost 2, I would love to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back