Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Aug 25, 2020 at 11:57 AM Post #1,251 of 4,957
Can anyone comment on the differences between the Bifrost 2 w/ 789 and The Jotunheim? Has anyone tried those two combos?
I’ve had that both amps and the bifrost 2 for a while. The thx to me sounds cleaner and wider. The Jotunheim has always sounded more intimate to me. I give the low end edge to the Jotunheim but mids and highs to the thx.

Aug 25, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #1,252 of 4,957
My bifrost 2 died after 3 weeks of ownership. Like suggested by a few here I left it on 24/7 and had no issues with it. I like that it’s already at its optimal temp when I find time to listen to my set up.

One day I wasn’t getting any sound out my setup. I thought it was a setting on my Mac but didn’t have time at the moment to investigate. When I came back to it I noticed that the power indicator was turned off. Cycled the power switch and other outlets. No joy.

I contacted Schiit and they responded to me same day. They emailed me a return label and assured me that the replacement will be sent as soon as the label get scanned and the shipment is active. After I sent the defective unit back I got an email from them that my replacement was on the way using 1 day priority shipping. I expect delivery today.

It was a good experience dealing with Schiit’s customer service. I am/was concerned that my unit just died all of a sudden. Hopefully I’ll have better luck with the new one.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #1,253 of 4,957
My bifrost 2 died after 3 weeks of ownership. Like suggested by a few here I left it on 24/7 and had no issues with it. I like that it’s already at its optimal temp when I find time to listen to my set up.

One day I wasn’t getting any sound out my setup. I thought it was a setting on my Mac but didn’t have time at the moment to investigate. When I came back to it I noticed that the power indicator was turned off. Cycled the power switch and other outlets. No joy.

I contacted Schiit and they responded to me same day. They emailed me a return label and assured me that the replacement will be sent as soon as the label get scanned and the shipment is active. After I sent the defective unit back I got an email from them that my replacement was on the way using 1 day priority shipping. I expect delivery today.

It was a good experience dealing with Schiit’s customer service. I am/was concerned that my unit just died all of a sudden. Hopefully I’ll have better luck with the new one.

I had a similar experience with a Modi Multibit years ago, when it first came out. It died after one day in the same way - no power, and Schiit replaced it just like they are doing with yours. The replacement Modi is still in use today, 4 years or so later, left on for probably 80-90% of that time, with no issues. I think you'll be OK with the replacement (which has a five year warranty anyway).

Aug 25, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #1,254 of 4,957
I had a similar experience with a Modi Multibit years ago, when it first came out. It died after one day in the same way - no power, and Schiit replaced it just like they are doing with yours. The replacement Modi is still in use today, 4 years or so later, left on for probably 80-90% of that time, with no issues. I think you'll be OK with the replacement (which has a five year warranty anyway).
Yeah I’m optimistic. I owned a Jotunheim with multibit for a couple years with no worries issues.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 11:43 PM Post #1,256 of 4,957
Yep. My two BF2s have been powered on 24x7 since I bought them. Never a problem or concern. :wink:

Aug 26, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #1,257 of 4,957
Same here as well. My BF2 has been on 24/7 since mid-February when I bought it.

Aug 26, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #1,259 of 4,957
I thought I would report that I recently picked up an iFi Purifier 3 USB and use it between my BF2 and Macbook Pro. Wow, quite an amazing difference, I'm quite surprised and find this little thing is worth every penny. Improvements across the board with no tradeoffs whatsoever. The sound is noticeably cleaner with more resolution of fine detail and better dynamics. Soundstage has grown quite noticeably in all directions. Bass has firmed up with more texture and most of all much more punch. I could hear an improvement the minute I hooked it up but after a few days of playing music through it's really started to shine and all improvements noted above became very clear especially soundstage size which was almost shocking in how much bigger it is now. If you plan to try one of these make sure to let it run in for some time before making any final judgements. Zero tradeoffs, only improvements.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #1,260 of 4,957
I thought I would report that I recently picked up an iFi Purifier 3 USB and use it between my BF2 and Macbook Pro. Wow, quite an amazing difference, I'm quite surprised and find this little thing is worth every penny. Improvements across the board with no tradeoffs whatsoever. The sound is noticeably cleaner with more resolution of fine detail and better dynamics. Soundstage has grown quite noticeably in all directions. Bass has firmed up with more texture and most of all much more punch. I could hear an improvement the minute I hooked it up but after a few days of playing music through it's really started to shine and all improvements noted above became very clear especially soundstage size which was almost shocking in how much bigger it is now. If you plan to try one of these make sure to let it run in for some time before making any final judgements. Zero tradeoffs, only improvements.

If you have any experience with it, could you compare the iFi Purifier to the Schiit Eitr? I'm using an Eitr with my Mimby right now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back