Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Jun 3, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #2,746 of 4,955
Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet!
Thanks! I gave up hope for my wallet ages ago. It should be numb to the punishments by now.

Jun 4, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #2,747 of 4,955
Wondering if it is ok to place Bitfrost 2 vertically? With outputs on back it fit better in the area I like to use it in.

Jun 6, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #2,750 of 4,955
I notice the Bitfrost 2 comes with a usb b to usb a I was wondering what was the best option to hook it up to usb c? Should I buy a new cable or would a otg adapter work? I have a nice usb c to c cable would a usd c to usb b work. Also what is quality of included usb cable and would it be better to instead use it with a usb a to usb c adapter. My source is a iPad 4 air.

Jun 7, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #2,752 of 4,955
I notice the Bitfrost 2 comes with a usb b to usb a I was wondering what was the best option to hook it up to usb c? Should I buy a new cable or would a otg adapter work? I have a nice usb c to c cable would a usd c to usb b work. Also what is quality of included usb cable and would it be better to instead use it with a usb a to usb c adapter. My source is a iPad 4 air.
Bf2 doesn't ship with a USB cable:

Screen Shot 2022-06-07 at 4.57.43 pm.png

I bought one of their cheap PYST USB-A -> USB-B cables with the BF2, and use it with the Apple "USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter" that I already had with my MacBook Pro.

Same adapter works fine wth my M1 iPad Pro, except that if I've got the HDMI connected to an external display, that grabs the audio, not sure if/how you can redirect audio out the USB-A instead. But at least you can charge the iPad at the same time as listening to music.

I suspect that Apple USB-C to USB Adapter would also work with a USB-C iPad, but you might want to test it first, or buy it from somewhere you can return it if it doesn't.

Jun 7, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #2,753 of 4,955
Jun 7, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #2,755 of 4,955
Thanks for all the helpful comments concerning cable. I guess I was mistaken on it including cable. I’m considering a used Bitfrost 2 and picture included a usb B to usb A cable so I assumed it came with unit.
Thinking of using a adapter so glad they work.

Jun 11, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #2,756 of 4,955
What is a good XLR cable for use with the Bifrost 2 and Monoprice THX amplifier? I’ve only used RCA and unbalanced before so this is my first step into balanced. I was looking at the blue jeans XLR cable. You can get the lengths custom on their website. 3ft is the cheapest. That’s not too short is it?

Jun 11, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #2,757 of 4,955
What is a good XLR cable for use with the Bifrost 2 and Monoprice THX amplifier? I’ve only used RCA and unbalanced before so this is my first step into balanced. I was looking at the blue jeans XLR cable. You can get the lengths custom on their website. 3ft is the cheapest. That’s not too short is it?
Monoprice makes solid cables. I've been using a pair of 3 FT cables for awhile now with my Bifrost.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003L18XKE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jun 12, 2022 at 12:34 AM Post #2,758 of 4,955
I bought a pair of Schiit’s PYST XLR cables when I got the Jot2. If they’re good enough for Schiit to sell them, they’re good enough for me. 😉

Jun 12, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #2,760 of 4,955
Well they ought to be, they are World's best cables after all....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back