Schiit Audio Bifrost 2
Dec 13, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #2,551 of 4,957
No, it was an accident; the stitch got stepped on and flickered. I usually leave the BF2 on 24/7 and power off the LYR3 when not in use.
Oh I see, gotcha. Cool that Campfire came thru for you.

Dec 13, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #2,553 of 4,957
Got a Bifrost 2 in today. Sounds really good. It definitely has a solid low end on it. Soundstage is pretty spacious also. So far so good.

Dec 14, 2021 at 4:32 AM Post #2,554 of 4,957
Got a Bifrost 2 in today. Sounds really good. It definitely has a solid low end on it. Soundstage is pretty spacious also. So far so good.
I quite agree. I’ve had the Bifrost2 almost since launch. It pairs very well with Lyr3 and gave it a boost in just about every aspect including low end, detail, and soundstage as compared to the internal multibit card :smiley:

Dec 14, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #2,555 of 4,957
I quite agree. I’ve had the Bifrost2 almost since launch. It pairs very well with Lyr3 and gave it a boost in just about every aspect including low end, detail, and soundstage as compared to the internal multibit card :smiley:
Lyr3 +BF2 is one of the best stack at its price point. I had this combo and enjoyed it a lot.

Dec 15, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #2,556 of 4,957
Wow, I didn't really know what to expect going up to a BF2, but right out of the gate that's one spacious soundstage.

Dec 15, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #2,557 of 4,957
And I love the remote. I'm gonna carry it with me everywhere I go in case I ever need to bludgeon a rabid wolverine to death.

Dec 16, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #2,558 of 4,957
Adding to the endorsements for the Lyr3 / Bif2 stack - the only way I could think to improve it was the Lokius - which I ordered a few weeks ago :relieved:

Dec 16, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #2,559 of 4,957
And I love the remote. I'm gonna carry it with me everywhere I go in case I ever need to bludgeon a rabid wolverine to death.
Thank you for the great advice. I'll have mine handy for the Orange Bowl! Lol!😃

Dec 16, 2021 at 10:42 PM Post #2,560 of 4,957
Anyone able to give me a rundown on the difference between the balanced and RCA outputs running into a Liquid Platinum? I’ve read the LP doesn’t particularly care about balanced vs not for inputs, but the BF2 outputs twice the voltage via XLR. Should I care?

Dec 16, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #2,561 of 4,957
Anyone able to give me a rundown on the difference between the balanced and RCA outputs running into a Liquid Platinum? I’ve read the LP doesn’t particularly care about balanced vs not for inputs, but the BF2 outputs twice the voltage via XLR. Should I care?
You said it right, the LP topology converts se signals coming via rca input into balanced for the balanced HP output. The HP has to be plugged in the balanced 4 pin XLR though. For the BF2, which i exclusively used with the LP, i used the rca outs in to my LP. Reason being, some LPs have minor channel imbalance in low volume. since the xlr out of the bf2 is 4 vlt and is louder, that gave LP much control for the pot. RCA input reduces the volume so you ll have better control over your pot incase you run into any channel imbalance issue.

Dec 17, 2021 at 12:23 AM Post #2,562 of 4,957
The balanced out of LP is much better but for input it doesn’t matter. Also unlike Gungnir and Yagg, BF2 has good performance out of SE so SE should work well. Also unless you have a balanced pre amp, using balanced input won’t give you too much play on volume knob as there is no gain setting in amp. If you have balanced preamp then go balanced for sure. I’m using Schiit Sys for preamp duty for SE

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021 at 5:56 AM Post #2,563 of 4,957
Some things are so obvious that there is no point in even saying them, but then if you do say them, instead of looking stupid, you learn something.

Looking at my "remote control" that came with my Bifrost 2, I see no battery cover. So the energy that powers it must come from the energy produced by pressing the buttons ? Otherwise, what ?

Dec 20, 2021 at 6:51 AM Post #2,564 of 4,957
Some things are so obvious that there is no point in even saying them, but then if you do say them, instead of looking stupid, you learn something.

Looking at my "remote control" that came with my Bifrost 2, I see no battery cover. So the energy that powers it must come from the energy produced by pressing the buttons ? Otherwise, what ?
So I can only comment on the remote that came with my Freya + which looks like a solid piece of milled aluminum. Turns out the grey piece where the buttons are is actually the battery cover, and is held on by several strong magnets. So pressing around the edges will make the cover lift up. Not sure if BF2 remote is the same.

Dec 20, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #2,565 of 4,957
So I can only comment on the remote that came with my Freya + which looks like a solid piece of milled aluminum. Turns out the grey piece where the buttons are is actually the battery cover, and is held on by several strong magnets. So pressing around the edges will make the cover lift up. Not sure if BF2 remote is the same.
Ah, thanks ! I see there is a whole on the back side, maybe (probably) that pushes the button cover off, if you push something in there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back