Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Sep 1, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #1,621 of 1,717
Should be getting a used Asgard next week.  Look forward to joining the family :p

How many here have it paired with the HRT MusicStreamer II?

I'll be pairing it with an Audinst HUD-mx1 temporarily, but plan to move that to work in the long run.

Sep 4, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #1,623 of 1,717
Quote:

I'm not sure why you'd be able to turn the volume past 2:00 on the asgard. That would certainly be deafening to most. Those cans are easy to drive to high volumes. When I had that combo:

8=mild
9=medium 
10=medium loud

At 12:00 it was loud as I could stand it really. Do you have the volume on your pc and player all the way up?

The amp might be sitting vertical, which would make your 12:00 position his 3:00, assuming your amp is positioned horizontally.  In the vertical position with my D5K, the 2:00 position is as loud as I've comfortably* gone for very short periods of time (a cool intro to a song or something along those lines), and only on certain music that was recorded at a low volume level.

In my experience, computers tend to be noisy when it comes to grounds and audio.  I've been using optical for quite some time now precisely to take out any chance of background noise or buzz from minor grounding loops.

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #1,625 of 1,717
Quote:
Should be getting a used Asgard next week.  Look forward to joining the family :p

I'll be pairing it with an Audinst HUD-mx1 temporarily, but plan to move that to work in the long run.

mine paired with dacport lx and quite please with the combo, it still contain the neutral side from the lx.

if you combine with the hrt ms2 i think it would be toward to warm sounding.

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #1,626 of 1,717
Quote:

I love this combo! =)

Oct 13, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #1,627 of 1,717
Quote:

I love this combo! =)

Awesome!

The 880s sound great on the Asgard.  I've been pleased.  I also like the Audinst in this setup and am almost afraid to switch to the HRT to mess up any synergy along the way.  I'm debating on getting the HRT or just saving up for the Bifrost eventually.  That could take some time, though...

Oct 16, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #1,628 of 1,717
Well, I just ordered the MSII today, so fingers crossed.  If I don't like it, I'm holding all of you personally responsible! 
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #1,629 of 1,717
I've been contemplating purchasing the Asgard/Bifrost combo for my Ultrasone Pro 900s. In the future I am planning on picking up some LCD-2's or HD800's. For the time being I've been using my Denon AVR or my Fiio E17 to run the Pro 900s and it seems to do a decent job. 

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #1,630 of 1,717
also though about buying the bifrost to accompany my asgard but right now the dacport lx should do for a while.

really like how schiit design their product to match each other in their line up.

but if you really want to pick up a LCD2 and HD800, then you should invest more than the asgard/bifrost combo :D

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #1,631 of 1,717
Quote:
also though about buying the bifrost to accompany my asgard but right now the dacport lx should do for a while.

really like how schiit design their product to match each other in their line up.

but if you really want to pick up a LCD2 and HD800, then you should invest more than the asgard/bifrost combo 

As much as I would love to grab something like the Mjolnir and Gungnir combo - not only would that be more than double the cost of the asgard/bifrost combo, it would also limit me to balanced headphones. Investing in something like the LCD-2 or HD800 may be easy for some, but thats a lot of cash for me to throw down which is going to limit other purchases even more.

I was always under the impression that the asgard/bifrost combo should be more than sufficient for both of those cans?

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #1,632 of 1,717
Quote:

As much as I would love to grab something like the Mjolnir and Gungnir combo - not only would that be more than double the cost of the asgard/bifrost combo, it would also limit me to balanced headphones. Investing in something like the LCD-2 or HD800 may be easy for some, but thats a lot of cash for me to throw down which is going to limit other purchases even more.

I was always under the impression that the asgard/bifrost combo should be more than sufficient for both of those cans?

well i've already tried the asgard with those headphone you mention, the asgard surely can give enough power to make those headphone sing but not to their full capabilities.

its like something held them to run at full speed, i can still enjoy my music because those are great headphone but i would't recommend it.

but this is just my opinion, what you hear may different from what i actually hear. if you can enjoy those setup then why not :D

Oct 22, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #1,633 of 1,717
@rmappita

I'm so glad to see someone else enjoying the Beyer dt990 pro 
biggrin.gif
 I've been debating whether or not to purchase those again. Price/performance ratio is incredible

Users who are viewing this thread

Back