Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Nov 12, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #1,156 of 1,717
That is great to hear. I would hate to get marks all over that beautiful finish. Jason, I'm impressed that you fixed up your existing product to meet customer concerns, that's a great business practice. And thanks for your experiences as well Sophonax. I'm trying to look at all the options, but I'm almost completely sold on the Asgard. 

Nov 12, 2010 at 6:30 PM Post #1,157 of 1,717
A magic eraser works well. I've used one to clean my old alumin(i)um Macbook. Just don't rub too hard.

I get fingerprints on my Asgard, but it's not a big deal to me. Not as annoying as getting them on a laptop or when I had a black PSP.

A fingerprint free black option would be nice. Not a huge fan of silver amps, but I don't mind if it keeps costs down.

BTW I do like my Asgard. Seems like a perfect match for the HD-600, D2000 and even the k601.

It does heat up, but never enough to burn anyone. Barely even hot, just warm. Total non-issue for me. I'd rather have it this way then to have it use a loud fan!

Nov 12, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #1,158 of 1,717
They just said they've replaced the outside. Maybe they could replace existing asgard exteriors with the new model for a price. I don't know if it would look as awesome in black, but I'd definitely like to see one!

Nov 12, 2010 at 7:07 PM Post #1,159 of 1,717
I think you guys should consider washing your hands. It's something I do regularly and guess what, there's no finger prints on my Asgard.
wink_face.gif
beerchug.gif

Nov 23, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #1,160 of 1,717
Any of you guys try the Asgard with any of the recent high end IEMs, JH13/16, UE10/11/18, UM Miracle/Mage, etc? I'm wondering how this amp responds with loads lower than 32ohm. Also wondering about background noise with these IEMs sporting such high sensitivity.

Nov 23, 2010 at 7:36 AM Post #1,161 of 1,717

Quote:
Any of you guys try the Asgard with any of the recent high end IEMs, JH13/16, UE10/11/18, UM Miracle/Mage, etc? I'm wondering how this amp responds with loads lower than 32ohm. Also wondering about background noise with these IEMs sporting such high sensitivity.

I can't comment on the IEMs, but I can say that the Asgard does very well with my Lawton-modded D7000, which is 25 ohms.  The bass is extremely tight and well-controlled, and the sound is clean and clear throughout the rest of the spectrum as well.  In fact, in my experience I think the Asgard is perhaps at its best with low-impedance headphones.

Being much more sensitive, though, I also wonder how the Asgard would perform with high-end IEMs.  Background noise isn't a problem with all the full-size headphones I've tried on the Asgard, no matter how the volume knob is positioned, but I suppose IEMs might pick up on some low-level noise that I'm not getting with the full-size cans.

Nov 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #1,162 of 1,717
I can use Asgard with my Livewire (both triple and dual,) and FreQ Show.
Though there is a little humming with FreQ Show. Not a problem while the music was on.
FreQ is extrmely sensitive, more sensitive than most universal IEMs, so far I havent meet any IEM more sensitive than it.

As for how does it sound, well, I find no fault of asgard with FreQ and Livewire. It's good pairing, and the VR's level is well controled so I can adjust the volume to properly fit IEM hearing.

So, that's all :).

Nov 23, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #1,163 of 1,717
What is the impedance and sensitivity for the FreQ?

Nov 28, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #1,165 of 1,717
Ordered
biggrin.gif

I'll post impressions when I get it.  Just to give you guys a heads-up, my opinions are based on having owned a XM4, LD 2++, iBasso D10, and now a RSA Mustang (which I'll use to compare the Asgard to).

Nov 29, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #1,166 of 1,717
Looks like there is a new Schiit amp coming. It's mentioned on 6moons' Asgard review. 
http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/schiit/1.html

Nov 29, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #1,167 of 1,717

Quote:
Looks like there is a new Schiit amp coming. It's mentioned on 6moons' Asgard review. 

Nice find, looks like it is called Lyr which is targeting the $449 price point from what I've read.

Great pictures, a lot of hard work and sweat for sure. I wonder how they'll like the Asgard

Nov 29, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #1,168 of 1,717
Thanks for posting this, h.rav. Very informative! :)

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back