Schiit Asgard: Unboxing and First Impressions
Aug 26, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #917 of 1,717

Quote:
Thank god for this thread. It has renewed my faith in the sanity of Head-Fi after reading some of the nonsense coming out of the depths of this forum (*cough* tweak forum). If I weren't saving up my cash for a Beta 22 I would be all over one of these amps. Unless someone feels like convincing me that I need both 
eek.gif

Maybe I need a Schiit for my dorm/office rig.

I'm so bad at keeping money in my wallet. Nothing but ramen for me for the next few years.  Damn these college incomes (or college lack-of-incomes.)

'Tis the Head-Fi way to buy one of each, when in doubt.  
wink.gif

Aug 27, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #918 of 1,717
Hey all,

Thank you for your patience. Here's a quick update: Valhalla and Asgard will both begin shipping 8/30 (that is, Monday.) Or maybe I should say: Asgard and Valhalla shipping, whoo!!!! Because that's more like what it feels like.

However, don't get too excited yet. The quantity of pre-orders and back-orders is so large, not all of them will ship on Monday. Or Tuesday. We'll start clearing pre-orders and back-orders, from the oldest to the newest, beginning Monday. We expect to clear all orders within 2 weeks. We think. We hope.

If you want to know where you stand in line, we'll have a lot more data after we ship the first units on Monday. Drop us a line at that time, if you don't get a shipping notice!

All the best,
Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 27, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #919 of 1,717

Quote:
Hey all,

Thank you for your patience. Here's a quick update: Valhalla and Asgard will both begin shipping 8/30 (that is, Monday.) Or maybe I should say: Asgard and Valhalla shipping, whoo!!!! Because that's more like what it feels like.

However, don't get too excited yet. The quantity of pre-orders and back-orders is so large, not all of them will ship on Monday. Or Tuesday. We'll start clearing pre-orders and back-orders, from the oldest to the newest, beginning Monday. We expect to clear all orders within 2 weeks. We think. We hope.

If you want to know where you stand in line, we'll have a lot more data after we ship the first units on Monday. Drop us a line at that time, if you don't get a shipping notice!

All the best,
Jason

Just so we're clear here, exactly how much leg do I need to show to get my Valhalla bumped up to the front of the line?

Aug 27, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #920 of 1,717
^ Say no more. A truckload is on its way.
tongue_smile.gif

Disclaimer: I am not authorized to ship them but the thought is genuine if the legs are!!!

Aug 27, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #921 of 1,717

Quote:
Just so we're clear here, exactly how much leg do I need to show to get my Valhalla bumped up to the front of the line?

Now that's an amp that has some legs to it!

Aug 30, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #925 of 1,717

Quote:
anybody has anymore impression with asgard pairing with dt990/600? i really want to get this ss amp, and they don't use paypal, another big plus for me lol.

I would also be keen on hearing specifics on how the Asgard (and then the Valhalla) actually pairs with high-impedance Beyer's. Although I recall reading somewhere that Beyer's prefer tubes over SS. Hmmm...

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #926 of 1,717
I would say that a more accurate statement would be, "Beyers prefer the large voltage swings that tubes can provide.  Some ss amps can still provide those large voltage swings."

Quote:
 Although I recall reading somewhere that Beyer's prefer tubes over SS. Hmmm...

Aug 30, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #927 of 1,717

Quote:
I would say that a more accurate statement would be, "Beyers prefer the large voltage swings that tubes can provide.  Some ss amps can still provide those large voltage swings."

I see, so the Valhalla is a swinger, yes?

Does anyone know of any other headphone amps that use 6N1P and/or 6N6P tubes like the Valhalla?

Aug 31, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #930 of 1,717
Woke up to a Google Checkout email @ 1:19am for my Valhalla. Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back