Schiit Asgard 3 - Impressions Thread
Nov 15, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #2,821 of 2,857
Has anyone tried a FiiO k7 as a dac for an Asgard, could you tell me if they look good?

I have this fiio k7 and I wouldn't want to spend money on a dac, but rather take advantage of its dac by adding an asgard for more power and emotion.
Should work fine, as long as it puts out 2v RMS on the line out. I used to use a Creative G6 as a DAC for the Asgard 3, Later I picked up the SMSL M300 MKII for a very notable improvement. Glad I did, since I added a set of speakers, and I use the Balanced outs for the headphone amp, and SE for the speakers + tube preamp.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #2,823 of 2,857
How good is the 9028 dac card?
Its pretty much the same implementation as in the separate Schiit Modius E. No balanced but other than than sonically its superb. Many folks at other sites have mentioned this ESS dac card in the Nitsche Piety Maximus and like it even more than the MB card. Thats saying something. I have used many Schiit MB dacs and the 9028 dac is my favorite one at present!

Jan 16, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #2,825 of 2,857
I ordered the MB card for my Asgard and am planning a self-install. Does anyone here have any experience installing it? It seems like it should be fairly easy.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jan 16, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #2,827 of 2,857
I ordered the MB card for my Asgard and am planning a self-install. Does anyone here have any experience installing it? It seems like it should be fairly easy.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Simple install. Open it up, plug card in and screw it to the backplate. Make sure the switch is on single ended for the Asgard.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #2,830 of 2,857
Apr 8, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #2,835 of 2,857
I love the sound of mine, but seriously can't tell if I should give credit to the Multibit or the amp itself. It's a great combo, for sure!

It is driving my HiFiMan Arya's in high-gain mode, using Tidal as the source.
Is that the new Multibit card or the OG one? Curious if there's any sonic difference or voltage output difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back