Scariest movies around
Aug 20, 2006 at 2:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 82

flamerz

Headphoneus Supremus
What are the scariest movies you know? I'm not just looking for scary movies that you guys like, just the scariest movies you know. It could be pure crap, as long as it's one of the scariest movie's you've seen. Shoot.

Aug 20, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #4 of 82
Cabin Fever freaked me out pretty well the first time I saw it.

Dawn of the Dead was quite dumb IMO.

Saw is a movie everyone should see. You can't even predict the ending. I still have to see the 2nd one and then the 3rd when it comes out.

I'm not a big horror film guy, but I loved Saw.

Aug 20, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #6 of 82
I'm Catholic...and when I saw the Exorcist and the Omen back to back at age 13 it was enough to just throw me into a panic. I find psychological thrillers far scarier than any "gore fest."

Alien is my top "creature" horror flick. In my mind it is a masterpiece.

I liked Prince of Darkness, that was pretty scary. I felt I lost a part of myself after seeing the modern version of a Texas Chainsaw Massacre and A House of a 1000 Corpses. Completely disturbing, not scary, just downright wrong in my mind.

Aug 20, 2006 at 3:58 AM Post #9 of 82
the shining
schindler's list
the descent
the thing (carpenter)
the ring (us)
bowling for columbine
alien
silence of the lambs
poltergeist
the exorcist
natural born killers
nightmare on elm street
dawn of the dead
hellraiser
candyman
carrie

Aug 20, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #11 of 82
Scary Movie 4
biggrin.gif

Aug 20, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #14 of 82
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
Scariest? probably not but 28 days later is without a doubt one of the best horror films in recent years.

Everyone I know hates this movie! I don't get it, I thought it was great when I saw it in the theater. I actually have it next in line in my Netflix Queue.

Scariest huh, not sure if I can say off the top of my head...but as far as scary movies, I agree with Jacob's Ladder. Very creepy. So is Alien.
As far as thriller/horror goes, I was really disturbed the first time I actually sat through The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (old one).

Another interesting flick was Session 9. I liked it, all my friends hated it. The color Night of the Living Dead is always fun. The beginning of Dawn of the Dead (old one) is really serious. I recall Day of the Dead being strange. Those movies all kick@$$. Ya, The Shining is really good, the scene with the old woman (rotting flesh) was always pretty chilling. Great movie. Jack Nicholson's best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back