Scared... just ordered Sennheiser 600s... should I have gotten 650s?
Mar 5, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #47 of 54
Would you trade your HD650 for my money which in turn "might" get you more success with Jessica Alba?

Mar 5, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #48 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordsegan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I strongly believe audio suffers from the law of diminishing returns. Perhaps I am cursed (blessed) with sub-par ears, but I cannot hear a HUGE difference between audio systems once they are at some basic "good" level.

Agreed. I also can't hear the differences others rave about. I once compared several expensive CD players (up to Marantz CD17 MkII level) with a budget Sony and couldn't hear any differences beyond a certain subtle precision in the higher end players that wasn't always kind to the music.

Certainly the idea that you have to spend multi-thousands to make a 650 sound good is preposterous. My Yamaha receiver does me just fine, thanks very much.

Mar 5, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #50 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob A (SD) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This discussion also provides a lot of reasons why I've stayed with my 580s all these years. Yeah they've been tweaked but the 600s weren't enough of a step to make the move and auditioning the 650s didn't convince me they were what I should have either. Now as a retiree I don't see spending the kind of coin the 800s demand if I were able to audition them and if they provided the kind of satisfaction I can't get from my 580s or from my non-earphones systems for that matter.

So for the OP, going with a 580/600 set is a very sound (pun intended) move. Enjoy!!!!

I'm yet to hear HD600, but have listened back and forth on the same track with 580/650 and the difference was immense, in the 650s favour.

Just my opinion.

So if the 600 is very similar to the 580 I am satisifed that I have the better phones for me.

Mar 5, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #51 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... So if the 600 is very similar to the 580 I am satisifed that I have the better phones for me.

I think it’s just personal listening preference; I too like the 650s better
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #52 of 54
I think the MKIII and the HD600 is a nice combo! Plenty of bass for me. Save the money on the HD650 and upgrade your tubes.

Mar 5, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #53 of 54
you did just fine. there's nothing out there better. really just different flavors but not better and the difference between he HD650 and HD600 is not even worth the thought. Bob Katz prefers the HD600s over the HD650s and he actually knows what he's listening for when comparing hi-end gear where many others here nor anywhere DO NOT. the HD600s are amazing headphones. really really just great cans! don't think about it too much and just enjoy the music! Congrats!

Mar 5, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #54 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. nice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
… Bob Katz prefers the HD600s over the HD650s and he actually knows what he's listening for when comparing hi-end gear where many others here nor anywhere DO NOT. …

I'd hate to see the "post you pic" thread if bob katz said the spock ears work
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back