1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Scandinavian & Northern European (ie Nordic, Uralic, Baltic) Music

Discussion in 'Music' started by ADUHF, Dec 15, 2019.
2 3
Next

Last
  1. ADUHF
    Post Scandinavian and Northern European music and artists here. This includes Nordic (Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Icelandic, Faroese...), Uralic (Finnish, Estonian, Sami...) and Baltic (Latvian, Lithuanian...) music. And also music in English and other languages by artists from this region.

Post as much as like. But please post only official or authorized content by the artists or their labels whenever possible. And put each individual track or video in a separate post. Thanks!

Some currently inactive, but related topics:
    Scandinavian Jazz appreciation thread
    Danish Music

See also...
    General European Music Topic

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  2. Marutks
  3. ADUHF
    Thank you for getting us rolling Marutks. A couple early recordings of Bjork with an Icelandic punk rock group called Tappi Tikarrass.

4. ADUHF

Raketen likes this.
  5. ADUHF
    Suggestions for other relevant threads to connect to are also welcome, in addition to the couple I've already posted above.

6. Marutks
  7. SilverEars
    The most obvious one that belongs in the Jazz thread... My #1 recording I never get tired of. I can play this on loop and will never get bored of it.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
    ADUHF, Pokemonn and Raketen like this.
  8. Raketen
    Mames Babegenush... Danish Klezmer!

ADUHF likes this.
  9. Raketen
    The Ex... The Ex!

ADUHF likes this.
  10. SilverEars

Raketen and ADUHF like this.
  11. SilverEars
    I think Scandinavian know good sound quality. Cymbals don't usually get recorded to this quality.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    ADUHF likes this.
  12. SilverEars

Raketen and ADUHF like this.
  13. SilverEars

ADUHF likes this.
  14. SilverEars

ADUHF likes this.
  15. ADUHF
    Enjoying all the different things y'all are posting here.

I don't have a lot of great ideas to contribute yet. But have been listening to a little "Scandipop" just to get my feet wet.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
2 3
Next

Last