scammed over in headphoneclub korea
May 10, 2008 at 3:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

cantsleep

Headphoneus Supremus
i just bought a damaged r10 from headphoneclub korea. he seller just mentioned that the headphone is, in fact, cosmetically imperfect yet functionally great. it seems to be that the headphone is severely scratched, his webcam or camera phone was too blurry and i didnt know it was this bad, and functionally, right driver is blown up. the headphone was inspected by alex from apuresound so it should more or less accurate.

anyways, i demanded refund/return but the seller refuses to issue a refund, mainly because the plug has been reterminated to balanced(i did it because the former plug/sleevings were damaged. i didnt open the chambers. i just worked from the plug) and because alex inspect the headphone. what the..
anyways, im doomed..

i posted some post in the site but it seems that they were just ok... that's bad... i hope it works out okay.. and some people were why are you posting things like these here. dont do this in my house. take it somewhere else.

anyways, im a bit disappointed and probably ill be away from headphoneclub korea. i might be a little slow on here also..

luckly, i have alex and i told him IF you can repair it, please do so.(he said he MIGHT be able to do it but cant be 100% sure). i didnt get to tell him this but if something goes wrong, dont worry about it, Alex.

May 10, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #2 of 51
Whoa tough break. At least there won't be this sort of problems here on head-fi...

How much did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking?

May 10, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #4 of 51
i did, only to see if both drivers are making any sound. i hadnt put it on my head. i had to put it back in the box. i was at work. when i reterminated it, i was listening to music, with pk1.

i felt that i had to reterminate because the plug, sleevings, and wires seemed rather fragile. well, the sleevings by the plug were cut/worn off already so.. about 2-3in'' from the plug didnt have any sleevings at all..

i paid $3600.

May 10, 2008 at 4:15 PM Post #5 of 51
You paid good money for this. Had you gotten an absolute steal I would have said, tough luck. But at that price, you should have reasonably expected exactly what you were buying -- something functionally perfect. I don't know what avenues you have, but good luck in getting some remedy here.

Best regards,

-Jason

May 10, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #7 of 51
i dont know about absolute steal, even if both driver units were in perfectly fine. i just thought it was an okay deal when i was dealing, considering its cosmetic condition. anyways, im going to have to spend a lot more than 3600 for this thing to funcition as it should..

funny thing i heard about this man is that he formerly hit(or a fight) someone at local headphone meets, not just once but a couple of times, after a couple of drinks.

he once said that he had spent a lot of money drinking and he had a lot to paid, for his credit cards and so on. i guess he spent his money on that and doesnt have any money for refund..

here is somewhat positive thinking: i first thought i lost 3600 but if i fix it, im only losing whatever amount that i spend more repairing..

May 10, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #8 of 51
Sorry that you ran into this problem. And the seller seems to be a handful, getting into fights at a headphone meet- sheesh... that' just messed up.

How's he not kicked/banned from the community there?

May 10, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #9 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostOne.TR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry that you ran into this problem. And the seller seems to be a handful, getting into fights at a headphone meet- sheesh... that' just messed up.

How's he not kicked/banned from the community there?

And that's some interesting forum culture that they put up with him because he's him. And they look at the OP saying What don't bother us with this crap, when here we'd already be sharpening our pitchforks.

I'm guessing the police or interpol wouldn't do much of anything either. If you're in Korea, show up at a meet he's at and be prepared to bring it.

I mean since, that's the only language he and the community there understand. You won't get your money back, and you'll have some doctor's bills... and it's not the right thing to do.... but maybe you'd feel better. What a sad commentary on that community.

May 11, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #11 of 51
Sorry to hear!
Guess the seller have a point about not taking it back. After all it has been modified (tampered with) since he sold it.

/me hope Alex can fix it.

May 11, 2008 at 6:42 AM Post #12 of 51
Sorry to hear about you unfortunate situation mate. I really do hope that Alex can work his magic. Interesting about that bit on how that headphone community told you not to bother them with it
frown.gif
. I wish you the best of luck.

May 11, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #13 of 51
i just withdrew my membership from the site, no longer a member.

funny thing; the seller said in his post that he doesnt want to bother with the matter and will withdraw himself from the site. yeah, run with the money.

as for the retermination, damn nice move. i had to reterminate in order to rather restore the plug in good condition. like i told you, sleevings were already gone(severly cut like hulk hogans tank top); looked fragile.

May 11, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #14 of 51
Excuse my ignorance - I am not too clued up on the R10 - is there a chance you can source spare drivers to put in, in place of the damaged ones?
frown.gif

May 11, 2008 at 11:25 AM Post #15 of 51
i sometimes take a look at the
pages at headphone club
in korea (since i live in korea)
but some people over are just
too wack. you be surprised
to see soo many without
any morals... seriously...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back