SB0240 Is this a SB Audigy 2 Platinum or not?
Apr 1, 2009 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

901-Memphis

Head-Fier
I have a Sound Blaster 2 Model # SB0240 that i have in my rig. I am not the original owner and do not have anything to tell me exactly what it is. The Card does say Sound Blaster Audigy 2 on it, and the SB Model Number on the back is SB 0240, i have found this model number to match many Audigy 2 models, but there are a few different ones.

My question is , is my card the Audigy 2 Platinum, because it has the gold plated input connectors and i believe this is what makes it a Platinum ( I used to have a regular SB Audigy Platinum w/Gold Plated Connectors)

Does anyone know for sure which model it is?

Apr 1, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #2 of 20
uh, they all have gold plated connectors, it isn't a Platinum unless you've got the breakout box for the 5.25" bay, because that was the only "upgrade" (they all use the same PCI card, there is no deliniation/hardware difference (excepting models with "Pro" in the nomenclature))

so I can tell you 100% unequivically:
its an Audigy 2, its an Audigy 2 today, it was an Audigy 2 yesterday, and it will be an Audigy 2 tomorrow, add the drive or not, you won't change or improve its characteristics, just add more I/O and a remote (hence: "Platinum edition")

Apr 1, 2009 at 7:49 AM Post #3 of 20
There are other SB0240 models that do not have the gold plated connections. I have seen them.

Almost all of the cards use the same drivers, so i am not worried about that. (Audigy/Auidgy 2 At least)

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #5 of 20
I'm not trolling FYI, i am just trying to find out the exact model of a sound card for which i am not the original owner, so i do not know and i figured someone knowledgeable here would help me find out the exact ending model number since i already know its a Sound Blaster Audigy 2, but whatever rant your going on about me trolling i have no idea...Last i checked a troll was someone trying to start controversial topics or posting stuff that is completely off-topic and flaming, but w/e man.

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:29 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by 901-Memphis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not trolling FYI, i am just trying to find out the exact model of a sound card for which i am not the original owner, so i do not know and i figured someone knowledgeable here would help me find out the exact ending model number since i already know its a Sound Blaster Audigy 2, but whatever rant your going on about me trolling i have no idea...Last i checked a troll was someone trying to start controversial topics or posting stuff that is completely off-topic and flaming, but w/e man.

I answered your question, and you refuted my answer, theres nothing more I can really do to help you if you're going to piss in the face of anyone who gives you advice, thats trolling
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #7 of 20
Yes i appreciate your help and i already made the distinction that my card is not the platinum version, i was just stating the fact that i have seen an Audigy 2 without the gold plated connectors and more or less i was asking what model that would be. I guess that would be the base Audigy 2 or something.

I find it a bit odd that in such few posts you can come to the conclusion that i am "pissing in your face." I am nothing but a hardware guru trying to further my detailed knowledge of sound peripherals and had no idea any post i made would cause an issue with another member.

Jul 7, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #10 of 20
I'm setting up a Little Dot II++ this week with an Audigy 2 ZS and is there any way I can get the Audigy 2 ZS to sound any better with such a setup? People have recommended setting it to "line-out" but I'm running Windows 7 and don't have a full-featured driver needed to make such a change, I don't think.

Jul 8, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #11 of 20
Jul 8, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #12 of 20
Great drivers for Creative cards are the KX project drivers. Bit tricky to learn at first but very powerful and they offer many features especially if you use your soudncard for music creation.

Jul 8, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #13 of 20
Jul 8, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #14 of 20
it's Audigy 2 Value, man
aka Audigy 4 OEM

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kr0gg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it's Audigy 2 Value, man
aka Audigy 4 OEM

eh.. hows this possible?? wasnt audigy 4 built like quite different from 2? you mean they sound the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back