Say "NO" to Counterfeit Fiio Products!
Jun 26, 2012 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

cathy Fiio

Sponsor: FiiO
[size=12pt]Dear FiiO Fans,[/size]

[size=12pt]First we want to say "Thank you" to you all for buying our products, patronizing our company.[/size]

[size=12pt]For five years, we have dedicated ourselves to offering the top quality and service to our customers, hoping our customer enjoy music to the most using our products. However, as FiiO products are more and more popular among music fans, counterfeits of FiiO products start to show up, which seriously damage customer’s benefits.  For example, we found out that a seller named Sainstore Inc was selling counterfeit Fiio products on Amazon website, we are taking this up with Amazon company,  please do not buy counterfeit Fiio products from them for your benefits.[/size]

[size=12pt]In the interests of our customers, we have decided to stick Serial Number on all of the products, so once the product you buy that does not have a Serial Number on the color box, please return it to your seller to avoid buying a fake product.[/size]

[size=12pt]To protect your interests, to protect the young FiiO brand, please show your support in this campaign![/size]

[size=12pt]Best regards,[/size]

[size=12pt]FiiO Electronics Technology Co.,Ltd[/size]

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #2 of 9
How can one determine if a FiiO product is counterfeit, or not?  And, are there any eBay sellers that are suspected of selling counterfeits?

Jun 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #5 of 9
I hope this doesn't hurt the resale value of older fiio products...
I still have the sales receipt but I'm certain I'm still going to get the whole "why doesn't it have a serial number on it?" thing if I try and sell my E17 in the future (which isn't too likely, but still a possibility).

Jul 1, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:
I hope this doesn't hurt the resale value of older fiio products...
I still have the sales receipt but I'm certain I'm still going to get the whole "why doesn't it have a serial number on it?" thing if I try and sell my E17 in the future (which isn't too likely, but still a possibility).

I had a serial number.. it's on the box...................

yeah after writing that. FiiO, labeling your devices with a serial number would be great....... 

Jul 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #7 of 9
I had a serial number.. it's on the box...................

yeah after writing that. FiiO, labeling your devices with a serial number would be great....... 

I guess I'll check on my box. But I think you understand my point anyway, people with legitimate, but older fiio products without serial numbers might get screwed over? Though there's still a way to tell real vs fake without the number.

Jul 2, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
I guess I'll check on my box. But I think you understand my point anyway, people with legitimate, but older fiio products without serial numbers might get screwed over? Though there's still a way to tell real vs fake without the number.

Generally it's easy to tell...but the E5,E6,E3,E1 and various L series cables are succeptable to counterfiting as they are so...easily looking and everything.....

The best way would be for FiiO to tell people and really enforce buying from authorized dealers..but we both know that 3rd party can offer attractive prices!

The E7 already has a few other company counterfiets...although with a different name so those are fine..and both the e7 and E17 if there are counterfeits should be easier to tell due to the metal higher end construction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back