SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Mar 6, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #1,186 of 1,214
I just received my MiniDSP EARS and did my first measurements, so don't take these all to serious please :)

Sash Tres SE
sash test.jpg

Meze Elite
meze test.jpg

Both
sash + meze.jpg

Mar 6, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #1,187 of 1,214
I just received my MiniDSP EARS and did my first measurements, so don't take these all to serious please :)

Sash Tres SE

Meze Elite

Both
I'm no expert, I think even if both are off a bit, the sound signature seems remarkably similar.
Nice job! I know, conjecture, but a $500 Experian whoa...

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #1,188 of 1,214
I'm no expert, I think even if both are off a bit, the sound signature seems remarkably similar.
Nice job! I know conjecture, but a $500 Experian whoa...
I'll do some more measurements with the same rig in the coming days
- senn hd58x
- meze liric
- beyerdynamic DT 900 pro x

But yes my ears (yes the flesh ones) hear a lot of similarities between the 2 headphones...

Mar 7, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #1,190 of 1,214
Im quite surprised with the similarities that the Elite and Sash have in the tuning.
That raises an interesting question ... @SashaLach as you were developing the Tres, did you have any particular benchmark headphones in mind?

Mar 7, 2024 at 7:39 AM Post #1,191 of 1,214
That raises an interesting question ... @SashaLach as you were developing the Tres, did you have any particular benchmark headphones in mind?
Unfortunately, @SashaLach cannot personally answer in this topic, so I will answer for him.
We talked a lot with Sasha about the initial idea of developing Tres headphones, and I can say that when developing the first model with an impedance of 16 ohms, he was guided by Audeze LCD-2 (early model).
When developing 45 Ohm and newest SE model, Alexander relied only on his hearing and on the acoustic shields that stand in his work room, and according to which he tunes his headphones.
It seems to me that Alexander succeeded perfectly in the task of making the headphones sound most similar to the sound of large speaker systems. Personally, I really like the sound of these headphones.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #1,192 of 1,214
Alexander succeeded perfectly in the task of making the headphones sound most similar to the sound of large speaker systems

Yes, honestly I think my Tres 45 evokes the feel of quality bookshelf speakers or slim towers with 6.5" drivers. As I mentioned in my review, there's an organic quality to the sound that's quite addictive.

Mar 7, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #1,193 of 1,214
Yes, honestly I think my Tres 45 evokes the feel of quality bookshelf speakers or slim towers with 6.5" drivers
I can only say that for listening and tuning his headphones, Alexander uses a good multi-bit DAC and a custom hybrid amplifier using tubes and MOS field-effect transistors (MOSFET).
The main emphasis is on the natural sound of musical instruments and vocals.
And the result is pleasing!

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 3:36 PM Post #1,194 of 1,214
Hi, I have a question. Has anyone tried the SE version with DAP? Sash writes that the SE version requires approx. 1 W. Some DAPs could provide that - higher FIIO, Ibasso ( +- 1500 E). Are these DAPs able to fully play the SE version? Thank you.

Mar 15, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #1,196 of 1,214
I'm seriously worried about the creator or the business of these fabulous headphones. In the shop there are no colored versions of standard Tres anymore and the SE version has no choices for colored grills available. I wished I ordered a storing box when I bought mine, because for some time that's not available either. I sure hope he's not in trouble because of the war.

Mar 15, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #1,197 of 1,214
I'm seriously worried about the creator or the business of these fabulous headphones. In the shop there are no colored versions of standard Tres anymore and the SE version has no choices for colored grills available. I wished I ordered a storing box when I bought mine, because for some time that's not available either. I sure hope he's not in trouble because of the war.

He simply could just be phasing out those versions of the 16/45 and just using what inventory he has left and maybe just focus on the SE moving forward. If he has to spend the same amount of time to make any of those versions, I would definitely focus on the model that makes more money for sure.

Mar 15, 2024 at 11:16 AM Post #1,198 of 1,214
I sure hope he's not in trouble because of the war.
I will answer, since Alexander cannot write in this thread: due to the current situation in Ukraine, there are slight difficulties with headphone boxes, so they may not be available to order. About the color range: it is also difficult to maintain the color range (not all dyes are available, and when changing the brand of dye, the final color may change, which is unacceptable), so perhaps some colors will be unavailable. But, believe me, Alexander is trying to do everything to offer the widest range of headphones and satisfy all the needs of his customers. I hope everyone here understands that the situation in Kharkov (Alexander’s hometown) is difficult - russian terrorists fire missiles at it every day. Despite this, Alexander planning to continue his work and delight us with the excellent sound of his headphones.

Mar 15, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #1,199 of 1,214
I will answer, since Alexander cannot write in this thread: due to the current situation in Ukraine, there are slight difficulties with headphone boxes, so they may not be available to order. About the color range: it is also difficult to maintain the color range (not all dyes are available, and when changing the brand of dye, the final color may change, which is unacceptable), so perhaps some colors will be unavailable. But, believe me, Alexander is trying to do everything to offer the widest range of headphones and satisfy all the needs of his customers. I hope everyone here understands that the situation in Kharkov (Alexander’s hometown) is difficult - russian terrorists fire missiles at it every day. Despite this, Alexander planning to continue his work and delight us with the excellent sound of his headphones.

Do you know if the S grills are still available as they are not listed on the website as an option anymore. Same goes for the cup covers they also are no longer listed.
Anyway, I hope this could be just temporary thing due to the conflict over there. I wish it would be all over soon so he can carry on with his business at high standard.
I wish him all the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back