SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Feb 7, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #1,171 of 1,214
Hmm, or still not...yet
I have a question for EU residents. Ukraine is not in the EU. Do you pay customs?
Thanks.

Cheers!
Yes. I paid 21% in the Netherlands.

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #1,172 of 1,214
Yes. I paid 21% in the Netherlands.
Huh...Considering the situation, I thought there was some kind of an agreement.

I would have to pay 33% of the actual price; that's the minimum.
But honestly, I think the headphones are worth that money and more, but it will be hard to swallow that I have to pay customs again.

I will postpone the order. Unfortunately, I have to find another way.

Thanks for the answer.

Cheers!

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:49 PM Post #1,173 of 1,214
Huh...Considering the situation, I thought there was some kind of an agreement.

I would have to pay 33% of the actual price; that's the minimum.
But honestly, I think the headphones are worth that money and more, but it will be hard to swallow that I have to pay customs again.

I will postpone the order. Unfortunately, I have to find another way.

Thanks for the answer.

Cheers!
There was no duty on import to Czechia, but I had to pay 21% VAT + some fee for handling customs. Considering the total cost, no problem to me.

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #1,175 of 1,214

Attachments

• IMG_3724.JPG
    IMG_3724.JPG
    837.1 KB · Views: 0
Feb 13, 2024 at 8:52 AM Post #1,176 of 1,214
Hi, brrouk, I see you have the same ifi black lable amp as me. What kind of amplification do you use and do you like the sound in general? I'm thinking about getting a desktop amp. I'd be glad to get your feedback.
Upd, you have now reviewed the Signature. A little different sound than the black lable, but still waiting for a review

Attachments

• IMG20240213125927.jpg
    IMG20240213125927.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 14, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #1,177 of 1,214
Hi, brrouk, I see you have the same ifi black lable amp as me. What kind of amplification do you use and do you like the sound in general? I'm thinking about getting a desktop amp. I'd be glad to get your feedback.
Upd, you have now reviewed the Signature. A little different sound than the black lable, but still waiting for a review

Feb 14, 2024 at 9:59 AM Post #1,178 of 1,214
Hi, yes it is the Signature version. I am very satisfied with the sound, I mostly listen to medium power, I use the Ultra mode only when I need to "clear my head" and only for certain styles of music - EBM, Hard rock. The main advantage of iFi is portability, when the weather permits, I listen in the garden, where I don't have electricity. There is probably nothing better in this price range - I mean mobile.

Feb 14, 2024 at 1:08 PM Post #1,179 of 1,214
I think I’ve reached the end of my head-fi journey.
Sash Tres SE spoiled the hunt for better sound by perfectly matching my taste. They are very easy to equalize if you so desire and are distortion free even on louder levels. The sound signature is very forgiving and silky smooth: they go deep without boominess, have air without piercing highs and have natural vocals but show no shouty mids. They have a nice soundstage and image very well. The pads are great and easily surround my rather big ears.

After reading through this thread, the main issues mentioned are the rather high clamping force and the considerable weight. It is of course perfectly possible that not everyone is bothered by these. I solved the first by disassembling the headband and using a hot blow-dryer, slowly bending it a bit outward until it stays that way. I did this in two sessions until I was satisfied with the result. (I had to make sure not to bend it too much). As I am usually lying comfortably in a reclining chair with my head against a headrest, I am not bothered by the weight.
The only negative they have for me is that they are open headphones.

The price of the Sash Tres SE depends on your location. In my case, the total cost was 530 euro. They are hands down worth it and in this age of pricey high end headphones still very budget friendly. There are risks involved in buying from a very small company founded in a country at war, but I’m glad I took the risk.

My Audio Technica W1000 are great middle of the road and were until recently my go-to headphones. They are light and very comfortable and when slightly equalized, they share the nice soundstage and air with the Sash while offering some isolation. They are perfect for small acoustic settings like folk or jazz while still holding their own with modern music. Only with orchestral music they don’t offer the liveliness and smoothness.

My Beyerdynamic DT 700 Pro X offer the extra isolation I sometimes need. With some equalization, they can sound really good with lots of impact with modern music and are very comfortable. They only fall short in soundstage and air, which also has a negative impact on classical or other music with string sections.

My AKG K240 Sextett were fun while they lasted. Even optimally equalized, while sounding rather good, they show some rasping/scratching in the highs I just can’t ignore. And after living with the Sash for a while, they feel terribly plasticky and cheap. They now are redundent.

Audio Technica ATH E55 for in bed. They sound decent when equalized but find no further use other than when travelling.

Sennheiser PX 200 mk2. Sound not bad, They are nice and small and foldable and would be my favorite over the ATH E55 if I could have gotten used to the itching feeling on my ears. (they are very small and rest on the part directly around the earhole)

Other headphones I still own are AKG K 518 and Sennheiser PX 100. Both useful in their own right but also redundant.
The headphones that preceded in this history are listed on my profile page.

Yes, I think I’ve reached the end of my head-fi journey. But I can never be sure…

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #1,180 of 1,214
Got my Tres SE yesterday currently formulating full opinions but so far... Extremely positive. These have such good dynamics and details it's insane and for a full price of $530 USD (1 Month build time + 3 weeks shipping) these have to be one of the bests things I've heard ESPECIALLY for the price.
1000003772.jpg

Feb 18, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #1,182 of 1,214
Got my Tres SE yesterday currently formulating full opinions but so far... Extremely positive. These have such good dynamics and details it's insane and for a full price of $530 USD (1 Month build time + 3 weeks shipping) these have to be one of the bests things I've heard ESPECIALLY for the price.
1000003772.jpg
Maaan I should have gotten the purple ones too.

Feb 18, 2024 at 7:32 AM Post #1,183 of 1,214
Shipping to US, taxes...how?????? :)
Slightly mistyped was $550 buuuut shipping to Washington State was only 40€ before fees.
So before fees just $500~ the rest was all the fees... Deposit into wise and exchange to euro which totalled $45 - $50ish.

Feb 18, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #1,185 of 1,214
Now that there are some SE in the wild, i am curious about two specific things.
1 - How is the timbre on the SE? I still have the OG 16 Ohm version and its very natural, not overly exaggerated smooth timbre.
2 - How good is the punch/slam/physicality of the SE? Tried lots of mid to high grade cans and most of them are either limp or barely punchy at all.

I pretty much gave up on chasing the dragon and now i am just looking for a planar version of HD600, that's where the OG 16 Ohm is oh so close to being with some EQ but not quite there yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back