SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Jan 12, 2024 at 10:07 AM Post #1,126 of 1,214
I periodically get in touch with Alexander and I can assure you that he is really very busy. He tries to fulfill all orders on time and it is really difficult for him to do this under constant (every day, yes) missile attacks.

What he is doing is simply amazing and astounding given the circumstances over there. He still provides personal customer engagements and communications throughout the project build. The customer service Sasha provides is simply outstanding. He deserves to succeed.

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #1,127 of 1,214
His très 16 and se headphones are amongst the best i heard, money no object.
The se can compete with the meze Elite i also own on resolution and depth without question. Is the comfort worth the difference of €3400?! Lol no.
Sash très se is thé hidden gem in high end headphones today.

Jan 12, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #1,128 of 1,214
I periodically get in touch with Alexander and I can assure you that he is really very busy. He tries to fulfill all orders on time and it is really difficult for him to do this under constant (every day, yes) missile attacks.
Sasha went above and beyond to fulfil my other capricious order when I asked for a different kind of wood which obviously meant more hassle for him. He also told me he wanted to take a break and get some rest. I was okay to wait. But then I was surprised to find out he actually was able to build my headphone right before the end of the year. This is the kind of service Sasha provides.

Jan 12, 2024 at 5:34 PM Post #1,129 of 1,214
Hello,

I have been looking for a Headphone for a long time, either too expensive, too this or that, nothing would seem to excite me enough to take the plunge.

Just less than a hour ago, I read a post from Arielext on another thread which caught my attention. So, inevitably, ended here, read a few pages and just made my order.

Go figure! No explanation, I just felt this was it. And this after deciding that I wouldn´t get more gear from places that would lead me to deal with Customs in my Country (and taxes and fees). I guess it just starts counting from now on! :dt880smile:

Anyway, I believe I'm officially part of this small (but growing) family, and now I just have to savor this waiting, but exciting pre-owning time.

Cheers.

Jan 12, 2024 at 6:27 PM Post #1,131 of 1,214
Personally I think you made a great choice. SASH is less V shaped in sound as compared to Grado but I think you might be in for a treat once you heard it.
Spill the beans @glpsace what did you go for? 16 or 45 ohm? SE or OG? which colour?
Hello,

Indeed, I wanted a different flavor from the Grado. I mainly listen to Instrumental Progressive metal/rock, so I want something that suits a little better my style of music and also I like bass, in quantity as long as it is matched by quality. I know I have the wrong Grado for that - owned the Hemp that suited more my style but couldn´t get along with the hose they call cable.

My only Planar in the past was the Empyrean, which I liked but despite not minding a warmer headphone it was just a tad too much and gave the impression of having less detail / resolution.Considering its price, even used, I just let it go and my search for something else went on.

I also owned the Meze 109 Pro, which was nice, but didn´t stood out in terms of SQ.

When I read about the Sash Tres SE, I felt that might be it, everything considered. I know there are no perfect HP, so my expectations are reasonable and like everything else in these forums, I'm excited but absorbing every post with a grain of salt. :dt880smile:

So just made a quick and simple order of an open SE unit, brownish red, with S black grills. 6,3mm cable of 1.2m but that is not very relevant as I will probably get a Forza cable.

Jan 13, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #1,132 of 1,214
Hello,

I have been looking for a Headphone for a long time, either too expensive, too this or that, nothing would seem to excite me enough to take the plunge.

Just less than a hour ago, I read a post from Arielext on another thread which caught my attention. So, inevitably, ended here, read a few pages and just made my order.

Go figure! No explanation, I just felt this was it. And this after deciding that I wouldn´t get more gear from places that would lead me to deal with Customs in my Country (and taxes and fees). I guess it just starts counting from now on! :dt880smile:

Anyway, I believe I'm officially part of this small (but growing) family, and now I just have to savor this waiting, but exciting pre-owning time.

Cheers.
It's a risk if you havent auditioned this headphone and the purchase decision is mainly made based on the feedback from other people and considering that it's not returnable if you are not satisfied with it. And of course there is a chance there might be something you don't like. For example, the size and weight can be a deal breaker even though the general consensus here is that the headphone is comfortable. Given the relatively low price and many positive reviews, I would say it's not a huge risk. But it's definitely something to keep in mind.

In general, I believe it's a good idea to try a product before buying it. I know it's not always possible. But if you can visit a friend, a headphone store, or events like CanJam, you should. In fact, I am planning to visit the upcoming NY CanJam event. But it's very unlikely to find the Sash Tres there unless one of the visitors brings it to compare it with top of the line headphones and perhaps ridicule them for their unjustified high prices.

Jan 13, 2024 at 4:37 AM Post #1,133 of 1,214
I can't image the Return on Effort ratio for cables is particularly good for him: the material inputs are relatively expensive (if you want to end up with a decent quality cable) and there's lots of fiddly labour involved.

If Sasha is getting enough orders to stay busy making complete headphones, I wouldn't blame him for wanting to spend his time there.
Right said, and I would also consider that there are so many cables' producers that It could be an unecessary further competition.
So it's a wise choice not to enter that arena.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #1,135 of 1,214
20231105_141344.jpg
20231105_141134.jpg
My Sash Tres SE has arrived too. It took about 3 weeks to deliver. My first impression is that it is more detailed and impactful than the previous models. There is more presence in the treble area. It appears more prominent. The bass is punchier and more distinct. I love how it performs with the drums and acoustic and bass guitars. The mids are great as always. The singer's voice is accurate and pleasant. Overall, I feel like there is more clarity and liveliness. The 45 ohm version seems more laid back and more forgiving in comparison. But because of that, the 45s are probably less fatiguing during long listening sessions. The SE is definitely easier to drive as there is more sensitivity. It is heavier, but not significantly. The weight is tolerable but it would probably be my only gripe. The zebrano wood looks amazing. I may write a more detailed review after the honey moon period is over.

One of the songs I listened to was Kiss by Michelle Gurevich. I think it illustrated how well the SE performs.
Greetings AlienHP, curious, have you any experience or heard on comparing the 16,45, and se? I'm looking forward to your follow up on the Sash Tres...Thx!
20231105_141344.jpg
20231105_141134.jpg
My Sash Tres SE has arrived too. It took about 3 weeks to deliver. My first impression is that it is more detailed and impactful than the previous models. There is more presence in the treble area. It appears more prominent. The bass is punchier and more distinct. I love how it performs with the drums and acoustic and bass guitars. The mids are great as always. The singer's voice is accurate and pleasant. Overall, I feel like there is more clarity and liveliness. The 45 ohm version seems more laid back and more forgiving in comparison. But because of that, the 45s are probably less fatiguing during long listening sessions. The SE is definitely easier to drive as there is more sensitivity. It is heavier, but not significantly. The weight is tolerable but it would probably be my only gripe. The zebrano wood looks amazing. I may write a more detailed review after the honey moon period is over.

One of the songs I listened to was Kiss by Michelle Gurevich. I think it illustrated how well the SE performs.

Jan 14, 2024 at 7:23 PM Post #1,136 of 1,214
Greetings AlienHP, curious, have you any experience or heard on comparing the 16,45, and se? I'm looking forward to your follow up on the Sash Tres...Thx!
Hello there 👋 I've had all 3 models. The light blue 45 ohm Sash Tres was the first model I bought. I was immediately impressed by its amazing mid range and overall balanced tonality compared to my two dynamic driver headphones (the old Beyerdynamic DT 770 and the Kennerton GH50 MK2 which I sold recently). However, I thought my dynamic driver headphones had way more bass quantity and punch. Then I wanted to try the 16 ohm model which was supposed to be warmer. But I thought it was very similar to the 45 ohm model. Maybe it was a bit more aggressive and slightly less refined. Maybe it had to do with the difference of amp power required to drive them. Then the SE came and it was a different animal. I only had it for a very short period of time because I gave it to my dad. Just to provide some context, it's usually hard to impress my dad and he doesn't really listen to headphones. He prefers his own DIY open back speakers and tube amplifiers that he built himself. But he was impressed with all of the Sash Tres models. Only he wanted to keep the SE mainly because it was most sensitive and even his old Cowon D2 could drive it. Then I sold the 16 ohm model because I thought it was redundant and ordered another SE for myself. I am expecting it to be delivered soon. As for sound, from my memory, I thought the SE was a big improvement in all aspects. For example, I felt like it was more detailed and punchier while keeping it's signature ability to transform the audio signal into sound waves. But I will need to refresh my memory and reevaluate once I receive my SE.
1000011057.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #1,138 of 1,214
Hello there 👋 I've had all 3 models. The light blue 45 ohm Sash Tres was the first model I bought. I was immediately impressed by its amazing mid range and overall balanced tonality compared to my two dynamic driver headphones (the old Beyerdynamic DT 770 and the Kennerton GH50 MK2 which I sold recently). However, I thought my dynamic driver headphones had way more bass quantity and punch. Then I wanted to try the 16 ohm model which was supposed to be warmer. But I thought it was very similar to the 45 ohm model. Maybe it was a bit more aggressive and slightly less refined. Maybe it had to do with the difference of amp power required to drive them. Then the SE came and it was a different animal. I only had it for a very short period of time because I gave it to my dad. Just to provide some context, it's usually hard to impress my dad and he doesn't really listen to headphones. He prefers his own DIY open back speakers and tube amplifiers that he built himself. But he was impressed with all of the Sash Tres models. Only he wanted to keep the SE mainly because it was most sensitive and even his old Cowon D2 could drive it. Then I sold the 16 ohm model because I thought it was redundant and ordered another SE for myself. I am expecting it to be delivered soon. As for sound, from my memory, I thought the SE was a big improvement in all aspects. For example, I felt like it was more detailed and punchier while keeping it's signature ability to transform the audio signal into sound waves. But I will need to refresh my memory and reevaluate once I receive my SE.
Thank you for that info. I appreciate that. Deciding between the 16,45,se and the SJY Moonlight trying to determine which one has the sound signature I'm looking for (seems like the 45), and the one that's most comfortable and somewhat easy to drive. Thx!

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 9:43 PM Post #1,139 of 1,214
Thank you for that info. I appreciate that. Deciding between the 16,45,se and the SJY Moonlight trying to determine which one has the sound signature I'm looking for (seems like the 45), and the one that's most comfortable and somewhat easy to drive. Thx!
Also, there doesn't seem to be a lot of information on the 16: sound signature, easy/hard to drive comfort levels etc. Maybe your experience could help me in that.

Cheers

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:04 PM Post #1,140 of 1,214
Also, there doesn't seem to be a lot of information on the 16: sound signature, easy/hard to drive comfort levels etc. Maybe your experience could help me in that.

Cheers
I think there is a fair amount of information about it here on the forum. Out of the three models, the 45 ohm model is the hardest to drive, and the SE is the easiest to drive. They all share the same comfort level. The sound signature of the 16s is very similar to the 45s in my opinion. But I sold the 16s and kept the 45s. Somehow, I felt like it had a better synergy with my Violectric V550. The SE treble felt more accentuated than the other two. I don't know much about the SJY Moonlight and how it compares. I am curious myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back