SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Dec 30, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #1,096 of 1,214
Happy to finally receive my Sash Tres SE.
I mostly agree with all remarks made in this thread. My personal first impressions:
Wow, they're pretty! Fully satisfied with how they turned out. Moderately heavy, but not really a problem once on my head. Clamping force is quite high, but it proved no problem to me after some adjusting and stretching. The pads are very comfortable and my ears fit completely without touching. The cord is nice, flexible and very little microphonic.
They sound really great; I can enjoy them as they are. And they really adapted fully to my taste with some EQ.
In total they cost me € 540.- and for that amount there are several brand planars available. But I''m glad I ordered these because I'm sure these are of a higher value and will stay that way for a very long time.

After few weeks of heavy use, Clamping force gets easier when pads give in a bit. Enjoy!

Dec 31, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #1,098 of 1,214
Sexy indeed. I chose red, because my main headphones until now (W1000) are also reddish. I took some pictures of my comparison efforts. And of the present to myself, obviously.
I tried AutoEq-app again. Before my purchase I used it to emulate the sound of the Sash with some of my other headphones that had their characteristics in AutoEq. I must say that the emulations were not very spot on. I know you can't imitate the feel, distortion, speed or imaging, just the frequency response. But that also was not very good. You really have to hear these headphones in person.
In practise I listen to all my headphones with EQ nowadays. The Sash Tres SE also can use some (see my previous post), except for orchestral work, where I like them as they are.
I use the Peace-app on my computer for this. My pc-player of choice is still Winamp because of all the tweaks it offers.

Attachments

• Sash unpack-HF.jpg
    Sash unpack-HF.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 0
  • comparison-HF.jpg
    comparison-HF.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 0
Dec 31, 2023 at 7:26 AM Post #1,099 of 1,214
The headband also has 2 screws to lighten/tighten the width a bit.
I did that already. I read that somewhere in this thread.

Jan 3, 2024 at 5:31 AM Post #1,100 of 1,214
Have you been to Ukraine recently? Is it safe to travel to?
Well, I live here in Kyiv, can say it's not really a 100% safe, as long as Russia exist I don't think the world is too safe, but Ukraine will always be unsafe as long as Russia exist, I was beat up by Russians when I first moved here from the u.s. back in 2010, and the cops simply shrugged there shoulders and told me I shouldn't have talked to them in Ukrainian, they take offense.
Now a days you can freely talk Ukrainian and not be jumped or refused business so it's gotten much safer in that way but from time to time missiles and rockets rain down on us, the building next to mine took a hit yesterday morning. So I wouldn't call it safe....

But nova poshta somehow still works and works well, you can easily order.
Sasha is a very talented guy and like the u.s. postal service he seems to work through rain,sleet,snow,ice and the rain of Russian nazi rockets.

Jan 10, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #1,103 of 1,214
I just received my Sash Tres SE (blue). Holy **** these are absolutely amaze ballz. Premium quality, premium sound. They are gorgeous looking headphones. The pictures don't do them justice. They are indeed incredible. I only wish I had found out about Sasha earlier, I could have called it quits early! Right now, playing on my Pietus Maximus. Perfect synergy to me so far.

IMG_0991.jpg

Jan 10, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #1,104 of 1,214
man, those are incredibly nice looking! Wow, they have that "Russian Kennerton quality" look. Excellent!

Jan 10, 2024 at 6:06 PM Post #1,106 of 1,214
Jan 10, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #1,107 of 1,214
The Tres 45 is steadily getting more and more head time with me, and is probably my favourite headphone at this point.

It's kind of amazing to me that one man's passion project can sound this good.

In this corner, we have multinational companies with teams of engineers and big R&D budgets.

and in this corner, we have ... some dude in Ukraine with a soldering iron.

Jan 10, 2024 at 11:54 PM Post #1,108 of 1,214
Well said...😉. Probably my next headphones can't decide: (16,45,or SE)...

Jan 11, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #1,110 of 1,214
Probably my next headphones can't decide: (16,45,or SE)
If you choose your first headphones, then I advise you to take SE - best Tres headphones. If you switch from 16 or 45 ohms, then the transition will not be so obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back