SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Dec 7, 2023 at 9:04 AM Post #1,081 of 1,214
Looking forward your impressions (possibly with comparisons)
I don't know if the headphones are worth their 350 euros, I've never had headphones in this price segment, but for 250 euros bought new with all the covers and a set of cushions, they play unequivocally cool. With open grilles liked most of all, the resolution is off the charts, finally began to understand what is the scene, volume. All frequencies from low to high on the spot, no chattering, do not crawl on each other and at the same time a solid presentation. Not bassheads, these people will not have enough bass. Picky about recording quality, bad tracks cut the ear. I listen with ifi idsd black lable on turbo mode volume knob at 11-12 o'clock, enough. Finally my ears are free of earplugs

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #1,085 of 1,214
continued experimenting with closed cups, trying to achieve the desired sound and use it at home without disturbing my family. Well, they lie idle, and their hands itch. I dug out thick foam rubber dampers that I had once removed from a Marshall monitor, inserted them into the cups and, lo and behold, a space was created, the tightness and excessive pain on the middle ones went away, although it wouldn’t hurt to reduce it a little more. The high frequencies have become so drawn-out and clear, the bass has been tidied up to a reasonable degree. As I understand it, the idea with closed cups is to remove resonance, standing waves, which, when reflected from the walls of the cup, come into conflict, out of phase with the waves going directly to the ears.
IMG20231210140532.jpg
IMG20231210140523.jpg
Experiments continue :)

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #1,087 of 1,214
Dec 11, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #1,088 of 1,214
I ordered a green/black cable to match the green/block colour scheme for my SASH Très SE. Although the green of the cable is not the same dark green I am still very content with the outcome:

20231211_111944.jpg

Cable is built by SkyAudio Cables in the UK, which has a "Litz 5n Silver Plated OCC - 24awg 63 strands per core" set-up.
Brilliant sound and quality and a good match for the Très SE!

Dec 12, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #1,089 of 1,214
Shpongle & Gunslinger - Dreamcatcher (INTERPULSE Remix) It's mind blowing, it's an audio drug. You can't listen to that kind of music on those headphones. Addiction and dependence are ensured. In general, the mod in the closed version almost succeeded, I put black thin mesh to the walls and to them thick dampers from Marshall monitor. I listen and get high in the closed, not disturbing anyone. It's a great audio narcotic :)

Dec 26, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #1,091 of 1,214
Got it! Ready within 15/11 - 23/12, pretty fast. Ordered in brownish red, open back, S grills. Looks gorgeous! Very solid and profi make.
Just starting to test. At a first glance with my Schiit Jot 2 Multibit with a stock Sash XLR cable: enough bass for me, exellent highs and mid (vocal), very detailed. Also got extra silver cable. Will try a bit later. Thanks, SAsh!

Dec 26, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #1,092 of 1,214
Got it! Ready within 15/11 - 23/12, pretty fast. Ordered in brownish red, open back, S grills. Looks gorgeous! Very solid and profi make.
Just starting to test. At a first glance with my Schiit Jot 2 Multibit with a stock Sash XLR cable: enough bass for me, exellent highs and mid (vocal), very detailed. Also got extra silver cable. Will try a bit later. Thanks, SAsh!
Did you get the 16, 45, or SE?

Dec 30, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #1,094 of 1,214
Happy to finally receive my Sash Tres SE.
I mostly agree with all remarks made in this thread. My personal first impressions:
Wow, they're pretty! Fully satisfied with how they turned out. Moderately heavy, but not really a problem once on my head. Clamping force is quite high, but it proved no problem to me after some adjusting and stretching. The pads are very comfortable and my ears fit completely without touching. The cord is nice, flexible and very little microphonic.
They sound really great; I can enjoy them as they are. And they really adapted fully to my taste with some EQ.
In total they cost me € 540.- and for that amount there are several brand planars available. But I''m glad I ordered these because I'm sure these are of a higher value and will stay that way for a very long time.

Attachments

• Sash Tres SE-HF.jpg
    Sash Tres SE-HF.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Sash Tres SE AutoEq correction.jpg
    Sash Tres SE AutoEq correction.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 0
Dec 30, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #1,095 of 1,214
The red looks sexy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back