SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Jan 11, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #1,112 of 1,217
Jan 11, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #1,114 of 1,217
Well, the Sash is certainly better looking...

That big + design makes me think they're emergency relief headphones. Like if somebody has been listening to Beats or Monster headphones for too long and need to detox, you stick them inside that Charybdis for a few hours.

Jan 11, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #1,115 of 1,217
If you choose your first headphones, then I advise you to take SE - best Tres headphones. If you switch from 16 or 45 ohms, then the transition will not be so obvious.
Thx! :)

Jan 11, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #1,116 of 1,217
I realized that I've never seen the stock cable for the Se does anyone have any pictures and thoughts about it?

Jan 11, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #1,117 of 1,217
I realized that I've never seen the stock cable for the Se does anyone have any pictures and thoughts about it?

Since I just received mine, Here is the stock cable that came with it. I have no idea what connectors' brands were used if they are at all, but construction seems solid. Unfortunately, I can't try it to tell you how they are, I sold the amp with a balanced connector, and I much prefer my forza cable anyways.

IMG_0992.jpg

Jan 11, 2024 at 8:04 PM Post #1,118 of 1,217
Since I just received mine, Here is the stock cable that came with it. I have no idea what connectors' brands were used if they are at all, but construction seems solid. Unfortunately, I can't try it to tell you how they are, I sold the amp with a balanced connector, and I much prefer my forza cable anyways.

IMG_0992.jpg
thanks at least for the xlr end i'm pretty sure its one of the basic amphenol ends

Jan 12, 2024 at 3:01 AM Post #1,119 of 1,217

IMG_0992.jpg
Got the same cable and tested it with ohmmeter. It’s twice better than a pure silver from Aliexpress (0,13 against 0,25)!

Jan 12, 2024 at 4:12 AM Post #1,121 of 1,217
Sash doesn't offer additional cables anymore on his website.

Jan 12, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #1,122 of 1,217

I can't image the Return on Effort ratio for cables is particularly good for him: the material inputs are relatively expensive (if you want to end up with a decent quality cable) and there's lots of fiddly labour involved.

If Sasha is getting enough orders to stay busy making complete headphones, I wouldn't blame him for wanting to spend his time there.

Jan 12, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #1,123 of 1,217
I'm sure if you contact him and ask him to make an additional cable, he will be happy to fulfill your order.

Jan 12, 2024 at 9:50 AM Post #1,124 of 1,217
I can't image the Return on Effort ratio for cables is particularly good for him: the material inputs are relatively expensive (if you want to end up with a decent quality cable) and there's lots of fiddly labour involved.

If Sasha is getting enough orders to stay busy making complete headphones, I wouldn't blame him for wanting to spend his time there.

Well not just that, the online store only showcases primarily the headphones and pads. Even the storage box and extra covers as well as the cables are not on there. I'm sure it can be done by request though, but agree with you, the bulk of the sales are the headphones, and at least he has a pre-orders button so hopefully he is kept very very busy focusing on the main enterprise.

Jan 12, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #1,125 of 1,217
so hopefully he is kept very very busy focusing on the main enterprise.
I periodically get in touch with Alexander and I can assure you that he is really very busy. He tries to fulfill all orders on time and it is really difficult for him to do this under constant (every day, yes) missile attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back