SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
May 8, 2023 at 1:43 AM Post #886 of 1,214
Sash is indeed amazing to send updates. Love these colors.
IMG-20230507-WA0024.jpg
IMG-20230507-WA0025.jpg

May 8, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #888 of 1,214
May 8, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #889 of 1,214
May 10, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #892 of 1,214
Today I changed my order to 45 ohm membranes instead of 16 ohm. The thing is that I accidentally got a headphone amplifier and now I can control any headphones.
Any recommendations you guys could give me for amplifiers that could pair well with the 45 Ohm version?
Look at the Topping A30 pro. At a very reasonable price, it has amazing power and excellent signal-to-noise ratio. Here is his review.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...g-a30pro-review-balanced-headphone-amp.20366/

Now I have this particular amplifier and I can say that it does its job perfectly.
Very transparent and clear sound. I can't tell the difference between the output from my DAC (Yulong DA8) and the sound from this amp (connected to XLR's).

May 25, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #893 of 1,214
@SashaLach I tried to PM you but the platform wouldn't let me for some reason. I'd like to discuss options and pricing for your planars.

May 25, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #894 of 1,214
Today I changed my order to 45 ohm membranes instead of 16 ohm. The thing is that I accidentally got a headphone amplifier and now I can control any headphones.

Look at the Topping A30 pro. At a very reasonable price, it has amazing power and excellent signal-to-noise ratio. Here is his review.
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...g-a30pro-review-balanced-headphone-amp.20366/

Now I have this particular amplifier and I can say that it does its job perfectly.
Very transparent and clear sound. I can't tell the difference between the output from my DAC (Yulong DA8) and the sound from this amp (connected to XLR's).
Topping A30 is not balanced, if that matters to the buyer.

Jun 5, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #896 of 1,214
During my years that I am in this hobby I have 3 headphones that just stay with me ever since I got them and I know it's hard to find _anything_ that comes close, due to various reasons.

- Meze Empyrean (and later on Elite) as the one to rule them all
- Dan Clark Audio Ether C Flow 1.1 as the closed back one

but there is one that, for me, ticks one extra box: value and that is the Sash très. I replaced the headband by the strap (now stock), the leather pillows by the sleek pads (now stock) and replaced the stock cable by something a bit less microphonic. Feed it with good clean power (in my case the Audio GD Master 19) and it's hard to beat, really hard.

Jun 7, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #897 of 1,214
Today I received my Sash Tres 45 Ohm from Alexander. The headphones came already warmed up (Alexander warms up all the headphones for ~ 72 hours).
In short: the sound impresses primarily with its naturalness. MFs have a dense body, which, however, has a high resolution. The vocals are melodious, the stage is moved forward, towards the listener. The localization of the instruments is excellent, the HF resolution is excellent. The high frequencies themselves are rather soft, naturally, which directly positively affects the fatigue of listening - you don’t want to take off the headphones in principle.
Separately, I will say about the bass. For good bass and headphone control, you need a powerful amplifier. My Topping A30 pro controls these headphones perfectly. At high gain, the bass is transformed, becoming more resilient and deep.
At the moment, for me, Sash Tres are the standard of natural sound. The big advantage of these headphones is the ability to correctly present tracks with a low dynamic range; where other headphones fall into a cacophony, Sash Tres hold the blow with dignity.
You can spend thousands of dollars on different headphones and not get the sound that these headphones can give.

As a result: these are excellent headphones and for me this is the "end of game". But they definitely need a good amplifier, then they are able to surprise even a sophisticated music lover.

Thanks to Alexander for his work, health and success in all his endeavors! And, most importantly, a peaceful sky for our country - Ukraine :flag_ua:!

Attachments

• IMG_20230607_145338.jpg
    IMG_20230607_145338.jpg
    507.2 KB · Views: 0
  • CaganConfig_20230607_145624_Cagan Config V14.0.5 LMC - Mi 10T Pro~2.jpg
    CaganConfig_20230607_145624_Cagan Config V14.0.5 LMC - Mi 10T Pro~2.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023 at 7:08 AM Post #898 of 1,214
How is the Tres in terms of comfort and weight distribution? I believe these weigh over 500g, and I'm a bit concerned about fatigue over longer listening sessions. I currently own the Monolith M1570 which sound amazing but I won't lie: there are times they've gone back on the rack (in exchange for something like the DT-880) because my neck starts to hurt.

Jun 8, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #899 of 1,214
How is the Tres in terms of comfort and weight distribution? I believe these weigh over 500g, and I'm a bit concerned about fatigue over longer listening sessions. I currently own the Monolith M1570 which sound amazing but I won't lie: there are times they've gone back on the rack (in exchange for something like the DT-880) because my neck starts to hurt.
Hi, it is remarkably comfortable despite the weigh. Honestly I can't tell it is a heavy 500 gr at all. Weight is well distributed and the large headband gives a very good support.
I have a small/medium head and the Tres is quite large, a bit too much for my head but thanks to pads and headband it's not an issue. Clamping force is also comfortable, in my case it should be a little more than that but I cannot complain. I guess that with heads slightly larger than mine it would be perfect.

Jun 8, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #900 of 1,214

I can wear them for hours without issue but I also have a giant neck so I'm not sure my opinion is valid lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back