SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Mar 10, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #856 of 1,214
My Chinese GRAS clone measures 45 ohm Tres like this. Note that I have lowered 10-20 kHz by 3-4 dB, as otherwise treble looks way too boosted compared to what I am hearing. The coupler is not that accurate past 10 kHz anyway. Please tell, if you hear Tres like this, as I pretty much do.

1678465896947.png

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #858 of 1,214
My Chinese GRAS clone measures 45 ohm Tres like this. Note that I have lowered 10-20 kHz by 3-4 dB, as otherwise treble looks way too boosted compared to what I am hearing. The coupler is not that accurate past 10 kHz anyway. Please tell, if you hear Tres like this, as I pretty much do.

1678465896947.png
To put it. Comparing the Tres 45 to my Avantone Planar and Austrian Audio HI-X65. I would trust the Sash Tres 45 with no eq the most when it comes to mastering and pure frequency response. The Avantone Planar is darker and tuned more mellow in the high mids and treble. Where as the HI-X65 has a dip somewhere in the mids and slightly more brighter treble. The Tres 45 has a very nice tuning with no eq. Eq can just make it that tad better 😊👍

Mar 11, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #859 of 1,214

1678465896947.png
Was it measured stock as in leather pads and nothing removed behind the grill?
I keep flip flopping with my pair, the more i listen to it the darker it seems to get during a session and the timbre seems artificial for some reason, i cant quite put my finger on it, i feel like I'm missing detail in music. But the graph seems very good, almost perfect and seems easy to EQ to Harman.
I am very confused on how to feel.

Mar 11, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #860 of 1,214
I keep flip flopping with my pair, the more i listen to it the darker it seems to get during a session and the timbre seems artificial for some reason, i cant quite put my finger on it, i feel like I'm missing detail in music. But the graph seems very good, almost perfect and seems easy to EQ to Harman.
It was a stock version with leather pads. The sound is definitely somewhat soft (for me not in a bad way) and missing some air. Have you tried, if boosting the treble above 10 kHz gives you more detail? Some of your findings might be caused by the slight uneveness in the mids as well. I feel things this way: the more forward the singer comes in some songs, the more distant other instrument sound. It is quite interesting compared to many other headphones.

Mar 11, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #861 of 1,214
It was a stock version with leather pads. The sound is definitely somewhat soft (for me not in a bad way) and missing some air. Have you tried, if boosting the treble above 10 kHz gives you more detail? Some of your findings might be caused by the slight uneveness in the mids as well. I feel things this way: the more forward the singer comes in some songs, the more distant other instrument sound. It is quite interesting compared to many other headphones.
I used squig provided by you and FINALLY they sound correct, the detail is there now, and timbre feels natural now, i just had to auto eq it to Harman and reduce the 3khz peek a little bit.
The resolution is good but not on the same level as for example hd800 because i still cant squeeze the details i know exist in some of my music, for example the vibration and the finger tap on a cello or a subtle guitar grit. The soundstage is decent the layering is decent as well, i think hd800 does that better but Tres has a bit more body and fullness for sure, wish i still had Arya Stealth to A/B with 45ohm Tres and the Harman EQ.

Apr 3, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #863 of 1,214
Day by day, I been listening to the Tres 45. And the more and more I fall in love. While they aren't perfect. I have accepted the little things I wish could be improved as they just do so much, so damn well. I do wish they could have more bass slam, but easily some eq fixes that. I do wish build could be better, they are sturdy, but I wish the rotation on the earcups could have a stopper. It's just some small nitpicks here and there but overall they are a masterpiece. I have tried many other headphones, and yes. Some other headphones do things better but also some things worse. You want more detail? Yes ok you have the Susvara, Arya, HD800/800s and a few others. But they also lack some emotion oophm in the music. You want some insane low end, ZMF, Audeze, Fostex have that. But then you may crave more detail or mids. Want amazing mids? Theres heaps of headphones that have truly amazing mids, but then soundstage takes a hit. The Sash Tres 45 does all these things beautifully. It's a headphone not made for analyzing music. But for truly enjoying it. And it does that so so well. I could get myself a Susvara, actually I had a mate lend me one for a week. And yes, it was amazing. Clarity, soundstage, detail, great mids, imaging was pin point. But it lacked emotion to me. I craved a bit more grunt in my music. A bit of that oomph. I went back to the Tres 45. And yes. Raw detail and clarity was a little behind the Susvara, the soundstage was shrunken down a bit, imaging was just slightly not as pin point. But the grunt, the power in guitars and drums. Ohh my Metal sounded intense and heavy. It had me singing out LOUD!!!! And once I used eq. Oh my!!! The enjoyment. It's actually a headphone that really makes me want to try new gear. Different amps and dacs. Do I want solid state or tubes. Maybe hybrid? Do I go single ended or balanced. It has made me stop trying headphones and actually try gear. I love them. I can understand, you may try the Tres and want something else. And yes you may sell them eventually. But I have a feeling if you do. Sooner or later you'll miss them and want them back again. @SashaLach honestly, you have made me stop looking at Audeze, Hifiman, Sennheiser, Focal and all other companies. I have my eyes set on you and your amazing project. I am excited to see and hear about what comes next 😁👍

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #864 of 1,214
I got my 45 ohm drivers about a week ago (replaced the 16 ohm drivers I used to have by Sasha because of some driver crinkle). I needed a closeback so I`ve been doing some test with different materials in the cups. 7 layers of hefty felt was perfect, and a small felt piece behind the stock leather earpads (around 11 and 13 o`clock) made them a bit less claustrofobic to wear. These sound brilliant, extremely detailed and a suprisingly big soundstage for a closed back. Irregardless of price this is an insane performance, it would be a very good buy even if they where double or triple in price IMHO.

Apr 7, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #865 of 1,214
Hello ladies and gents. Here is a fresh new eq that I'd like everyone to try out with a graphing of the stock Tres 45 following the Harmen 2018 target and the new eq. What do you guys think? 😁

Screenshot_20230408_115212_Chrome.jpg

This is the best one I have heard so far and truly it is spot on. If the low end is too much to your liking, bring 23hz down a few db. This is for open back

@Sword of Damocles
Is this your website? 😊

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #866 of 1,214
I am amazed what proper eq can do. I highly suggest owners that have the 45 ohm Tres to give it a shot. The amount of bass slam is so satisfying. The increase in clarity and detail is huge. The air up top improves and I feel soundstage is bigger. Imaging also seems to have improved in a way. I always felt the Tres has crazy potential. Every headphone does. But it seriously shows on the Tres 🤯. Does it need eq? No. But does it benefit from it? Hell yes. Just like any other headphone. The Focal Clear/MG, HD800S, Arya, Edition XS, HE6-SE, HEDDphone, Audeze LCD including LCD-5, ZMF, Kennerton. The list goes on and on. Great headphones, but eq can make them better. For me, eq makes the Tres 45 better than the Meze Elite. It's amazing. I have not enjoyed a headphone this much in so long

Apr 10, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #867 of 1,214
Try it with the eq that you are using but remove all layers behind the grill. I feel this sounds best and really opens the Tres up. While detail may not be HD800/800s level. Musicality and overall enjoyment sure beats out the HD800s. Bass slam and overall grunt. So so sooo good 😁

Apr 17, 2023 at 2:53 AM Post #868 of 1,214
Hello ladies and gents. Here is a fresh new eq that I'd like everyone to try out with a graphing of the stock Tres 45 following the Harmen 2018 target and the new eq. What do you guys think? 😁

Screenshot_20230408_115212_Chrome.jpg

This is the best one I have heard so far and truly it is spot on. If the low end is too much to your liking, bring 23hz down a few db. This is for open back

@Sword of Damocles
Is this your website? 😊
Yeah, that's my website. I am happy that you found my measurements helpful for EQ settings. :)

Me and @Roderick also have plenty of headphone reviews for those who are willing to use Google translate. Maybe one day we will have an English review site as well.

Apr 17, 2023 at 2:58 AM Post #869 of 1,214
Yeah, that's my website. I am happy that you found my measurements helpful for EQ settings. :)

Me and @Roderick also have plenty of headphone reviews for those who are willing to use Google translate. Maybe one day we will have an English review site as well.
Truly, the eq is spot on and I feel the graph is perfect. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for more reviews 😁👍. I can certainly say the 45 ohm Tres has some of the best low end I have ever heard. It is very clean, fast, amazing separation and handles eq like a champ. It slams like a truck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back