SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Apr 20, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #871 of 1,214
Apr 23, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #872 of 1,214
Hello ladies and gents. Here is a fresh new eq that I'd like everyone to try out with a graphing of the stock Tres 45 following the Harmen 2018 target and the new eq. What do you guys think? 😁

Screenshot_20230408_115212_Chrome.jpg

This is the best one I have heard so far and truly it is spot on. If the low end is too much to your liking, bring 23hz down a few db. This is for open back

@Sword of Damocles
Is this your website? 😊
Hi can I ask what EQ software is this?

Apr 24, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #874 of 1,214
A friend just loaned me the Sash Tres Blackwood, and it's surprisingly good. Happy to have heard these.

Apr 26, 2023 at 5:58 AM Post #875 of 1,214
Final and last eq. Graph wise, this is the best you'll get. Sound wise, I'll have to test and compare.
Screenshot_20230426_192734_Chrome.jpg

Other eq.
Screenshot_20230408_115212_Chrome.jpg

If anyone would like to test and compare and give opnions. Please do 😊👍

Update. I've concluded the other eq I personally prefer a little more. While they both sound very similar. The other one ( 2nd eq on this post ) is just a little more tamed on those upper mids. The newer eq is more forward and very crisp and clear sounding. But personal preference, I like the 2nd eq more

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #876 of 1,214
Well, as much as it pains me, I have to let the Tres go. Recent circumstances out of my control force me to sell most of my collection. If anyone does not feel like waiting for some months to get a pair and likes the color/engravings on my set, they are up for sale - https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/sasha-tres-2-headphones-16ohm-version.46160/
I bought BMGROs 16ohm pair and I really love them. They are just very forward and really crisp.
At the moment I have quite a few headphones to compare and listen to, so they didn't get the time yet they should YET, but I must say they are very good for metal!
Also vocals, especially male vocals sound very good and realistic for me. At my current state of testing I would say the mids are definitely their strength.
I sold my LCD-X like a month ago and from memory I wouldn't say they are that similiar.
With the LCD-X it always took some time to adjust to after switching from an Arya Stealth for example which I personally consider a pretty good allrounder tonality. At the end I found myself EQing the Audeze almost all the time. Because the tonality seemed just a bit off. With the Sash Tres I don't have that issue. I switch from a HE1000v2 which is rather bright or from a ZMF Verite Open which I consider really warm and in contrast kinda dark, and it just instantly feels "right".
I must say I am really impressed.

May 2, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #877 of 1,214
I bought BMGROs 16ohm pair and I really love them. They are just very forward and really crisp.
At the moment I have quite a few headphones to compare and listen to, so they didn't get the time yet they should YET, but I must say they are very good for metal!
Also vocals, especially male vocals sound very good and realistic for me. At my current state of testing I would say the mids are definitely their strength.
I sold my LCD-X like a month ago and from memory I wouldn't say they are that similiar.
With the LCD-X it always took some time to adjust to after switching from an Arya Stealth for example which I personally consider a pretty good allrounder tonality. At the end I found myself EQing the Audeze almost all the time. Because the tonality seemed just a bit off. With the Sash Tres I don't have that issue. I switch from a HE1000v2 which is rather bright or from a ZMF Verite Open which I consider really warm and in contrast kinda dark, and it just instantly feels "right".
I must say I am really impressed.
Glad to hear you are enjoying the 16ohm Tres. I do feel tuning wise, Sasha did an amazing job with both the 16ohm and 45 ohm Tres. The 16ohm being overall more V shaped while the 45ohm takes the more neutralish approach. Overall I feel you'll fall in love the more you listen to them 😊

May 2, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #878 of 1,214
Hi guys.
I placed an order for my pair of Tres headphones this morning. I chose the 16 ohm version because I like to listen to jazz, blues and live music, like the cello and double bass.
Since I myself am from Ukraine, I can assure you all that now everything is not bad in our country, the bad days are behind us, but, alas, the war continues.
If someone wanted to order headphones from Sasha, now is the time to do it, he has a new batch of Tres in the works.
Pictured is the color I ordered.

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #879 of 1,214
Hi guys.
I placed an order for my pair of Tres headphones this morning. I chose the 16 ohm version because I like to listen to jazz, blues and live music, like the cello and double bass.
Since I myself am from Ukraine, I can assure you all that now everything is not bad in our country, the bad days are behind us, but, alas, the war continues.
If someone wanted to order headphones from Sasha, now is the time to do it, he has a new batch of Tres in the works.
Pictured is the color I ordered.
Ordered mine 2 weeks ago. I believe the make to delivery is about 6 weeks right? Looking forward to mine. This is the 2nd headphones from Ukraine I've ordered last month

May 2, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #880 of 1,214
Ordered mine 2 weeks ago. I believe the make to delivery is about 6 weeks right? Looking forward to mine. This is the 2nd headphones from Ukraine I've ordered last month
Yes, you are right, it should take 5-6 weeks from the moment of order to delivery.

May 2, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #881 of 1,214
Out of curiosity, which one was the other?

May 7, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #883 of 1,214
Hello, I have ordered these and while I am waiting for them to arrive, I have been looking into amplifiers.
Any recommendations you guys could give me for amplifiers that could pair well with the 45 Ohm version?

May 7, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #885 of 1,214
Hello, I have ordered these and while I am waiting for them to arrive, I have been looking into amplifiers.
Any recommendations you guys could give me for amplifiers that could pair well with the 45 Ohm version?
Depends on your budget. But theres plenty of options. You could get a SMSL SH-9 paired with a SMSL SU-10 which I feel sounds great. I even use the SH-9 with a SMSL M500 at times. The 45 ohm Tres does scale with better gear. But you don't need to go crazy 😊. The Xduoo TA-22 also sounds very nice with the Tres 45 ohm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back