SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Aug 3, 2022 at 5:00 PM Post #438 of 1,218
Been reading the Verum 1 forum and wondering if the earpads on the Verum 1 have the same diameter of the Sash Tres pads. If anyone has both could you confirm? If so, there's heaps of options of different earpads we could try.... ZMF Ori pads could be an option same with ZMF Auteur pads, ZMF Eikon, ZMF Verite, ZMF Universal pads, AKG 612 may fit as well. But best place to start would be ZMF, heaps of options and materiels to choose from 😁👍

Aug 3, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #439 of 1,218
Been reading the Verum 1 forum and wondering if the earpads on the Verum 1 have the same diameter of the Sash Tres pads. If anyone has both could you confirm? If so, there's heaps of options of different earpads we could try.... ZMF Ori pads could be an option same with ZMF Auteur pads, ZMF Eikon, ZMF Verite, ZMF Universal pads, AKG 612 may fit as well. But best place to start would be ZMF, heaps of options and materiels to choose from 😁👍
Honestly the Tres original pads are very good indeed. I would not look for any replacement. Really comfortable and right for their job. Just my humble opinion, of course 🙂

Aug 3, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #440 of 1,218
Honestly the Tres original pads are very good indeed. I would not look for any replacement. Really comfortable and right for their job. Just my humble opinion, of course 🙂
Oh I agree, thats why I have 3 sets with mine haha, but different pads won't hurt, especially if you want to experiment with the sound of the Tres. But I still think getting custom pads is the best option

Aug 4, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #441 of 1,218
Size won't be the issue (same size as LCD 2/3/4), keeping them in place is :)
I glued on my old LCD dekoni pads (lovely combination btw) and have a spare set of mounting rings. Thing with the ZMF pads is that their 'lip' is quite wide. With the Sash mounting ring glue is still required.

Aug 4, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #442 of 1,218
Oh I agree, thats why I have 3 sets with mine haha, but different pads won't hurt, especially if you want to experiment with the sound of the Tres. But I still think getting custom pads is the best option
What materials? I've been thinking about making some, have some memory foam and some 0.8mm velour leather, some suede, but not sure where to start, I have leather and cloth pads but was curious about making something custom, what would you recommend?

Aug 4, 2022 at 4:44 PM Post #443 of 1,218
Size won't be the issue (same size as LCD 2/3/4), keeping them in place is :)
I glued on my old LCD dekoni pads (lovely combination btw) and have a spare set of mounting rings. Thing with the ZMF pads is that their 'lip' is quite wide. With the Sash mounting ring glue is still required.
I see, well it could be an option with some modification.... back to looking I go haha

What materials? I've been thinking about making some, have some memory foam and some 0.8mm velour leather, some suede, but not sure where to start, I have leather and cloth pads but was curious about making something custom, what would you recommend?
You could try Alcantara? Different depths of the earpad, try mixing different materiels, different density of foam, shapes and styles. You could find the earpad you like then further improve upon it. I asked Vesper audio if it'd be possible to make an earpad similar to the LCD-5 but with a mounting lip on the earpad. They said yes, how would it sound? No idea. But the Tres being an already very customzible headphone. Why not take it a little further to really suit your liking 😊.

Update.

Well well well, look what just came in 😍😁😍😁, these photos don't do them justice, the green is darker in person
20220805_161022.jpg
20220805_161225.jpg

20220805_161629.jpg
20220805_161701.jpg
20220805_161812.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #444 of 1,218
Aug 5, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #446 of 1,218
Well well well, look what just came in 😍😁😍😁, these photos don't do them justice, the green is darker in person
Looking great! Congrats!

When you`ve had time for some listening, could you evaluate the differences in sound between the leather and the perforated leather pads?
I`m having a issue where the leather ones seal to "good", so I can hear my pulse thumping. The velours I`ve got sounds great, but there is a bit to much drop off in bass to my liking. Im hoping that the perforated ones might be the ticket to keep the bass and get rid of the sound of my pulse.

Aug 5, 2022 at 4:39 AM Post #447 of 1,218
Looking great! Congrats!

When you`ve had time for some listening, could you evaluate the differences in sound between the leather and the perforated leather pads?
I`m having a issue where the leather ones seal to "good", so I can hear my pulse thumping. The velours I`ve got sounds great, but there is a bit to much drop off in bass to my liking. Im hoping that the perforated ones might be the ticket to keep the bass and get rid of the sound of my pulse.
100% can do, I also do feel the leathers seal the most, I don't get the pulse feeling but as another user said, suction cup feeling. Bass is insane though, Deep Purple Child In Time, DAMNNNNN!!!!! The guitar strums are sooooo Mmm mmm mmmmmmmmmmmm, then add in a low shelf at 80hz of 3db 🤯🤯🤯🤯. Some of the most seductive low end I've heard. Sends shivers down your spine

Aug 5, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #448 of 1,218
My LCD-X with the Audeze leather pads give me that kind of suction cup feeling too.

Man, I can't wait to hear the Tres 45ohm when it gets here. I've heard a handful of planars, but the LCD-X is the only "high-end" one. I have the HyperX Cloud Orbit (Audeze Mobius without bluetooth) and I had the Hifiman Deva. I also have the Letshuoer S12 IEM. Of that lineup, the LCD-X is the first headphone I've heard that gave me the impression of music being layered with each instrument clearly separated and defined from the rest of the track. The S12 IEM gives me a bit of this sensation too, but I don't recall getting that from the Hifiman Devas I used to have, and I haven't listened to the Cloud Orbit in a while. If I get that effect from the Tres, I might end up selling the LCD-X...

Aug 7, 2022 at 3:37 AM Post #449 of 1,218
My LCD-X with the Audeze leather pads give me that kind of suction cup feeling too.

Man, I can't wait to hear the Tres 45ohm when it gets here. I've heard a handful of planars, but the LCD-X is the only "high-end" one. I have the HyperX Cloud Orbit (Audeze Mobius without bluetooth) and I had the Hifiman Deva. I also have the Letshuoer S12 IEM. Of that lineup, the LCD-X is the first headphone I've heard that gave me the impression of music being layered with each instrument clearly separated and defined from the rest of the track. The S12 IEM gives me a bit of this sensation too, but I don't recall getting that from the Hifiman Devas I used to have, and I haven't listened to the Cloud Orbit in a while. If I get that effect from the Tres, I might end up selling the LCD-X...
I'll just say this. Imaging, separation and soundstaging on the Tres is extremely good. Out of the headphones I have, it has the best of those 3 things. There is heaps of air and depth in the music, you just get lost into the music and don't want to take them off 😁

Aug 7, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #450 of 1,218
I'll just say this. Imaging, separation and soundstaging on the Tres is extremely good. Out of the headphones I have, it has the best of those 3 things. There is heaps of air and depth in the music, you just get lost into the music and don't want to take them off 😁
But the way, comfort wise, especially in terms of weight, how would you say they are faring? I have my ZMFs and even with the dekoni nuggets for extra comfort, I still can't wear them for more than an hour without some fatigue. Wondering how the Tres will be in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back