SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Aug 11, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #467 of 1,241
IMG_20220810_175826_001.jpg

Can't wait to hear what it's capable of.

Aug 12, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #469 of 1,241
IMG_20220810_175826_001.jpg
Can't wait to hear what it's capable of.
It's capable of musical trips. Just finished listening to Uinuos Syömein Sota by Havukruunu (Viking Black Metal) and no headphone has ever made me feel like I'm in a world of sound if that makes sense. The immersion of what I was hearing is just hypnotising. The imaging, soundstage, depth, impact of the low end, clarity, detail, completely everything was thrown at me and I did not crave anything else. The Arya with this album had amazing soundstage and imaging, but lacked oomph and power, drums didn't have impact, vocals felt to spread out and lacked some warmth. The HD800s seriously lacked low end, while soundstage was huge, it was just too much and things felt too separated and in a way unatural. The Focal Clears felt too intimate, lacked some warmth but did have nice dynamic impact but when the music called for some soft moments, I jist felt the Clear was always in my face. The Nectar Hive had beautiful clarity, but in a way felt to clinical, it lacked so low end impact and vocals felt too forward. All I can say is, the Tres could be potential end game for some. It's actually making me consider selling some headphones I have as it just does so much so so well

Aug 13, 2022 at 3:52 AM Post #471 of 1,241
Hsl96, we are following.... 🙂

Aug 14, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #472 of 1,241
Hi. I purchased SASH TRES headphones. the quality of materials and work is at a very high level.

the headphones are really nice and of good quality. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of listening experience with different headphones of this type. I had Grado SR80i and the difference is too big towards SASH Tres.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #474 of 1,241
Here are my quick impressions of the Leather, Perforated and Velour earpads with the 45 ohm Sash Tres with open back and semi open cups.

Open Back + Leather.
This is the most all rounder set up. Low end has great impact and extension while treble has great extension as well. The overall sound is airy, spacious, clean and highly detailed while remaining full and impactful. Mids are forward and full though there is a touch of sizzle up top but it's nothing bothersome. Overall I do feel this is the best performing set up for all types of music.

Open Back + Velour.
Surprisingly the velour is similar to the leather earpads but you gain more air and mids while losing a bit of low end impact and slight roll off into the sub bass. To me this is the most closest to neutral and it's a very clean listening experience. You gain more clarity and soundstage and the mids really shine beautifully with velour earpads. I do feel treble is smoothened a touch but at the same time extension feels further improved. It's a great mix of energy and clarity while still keeping the musicality of the leather earpads.

Open Back + Perforated
This is the brightest set up. To some, it may be too energetic, heaps of air, clarity, and a bunch of detail. Soundstage is huge here, and strangely I had to turn my volume up a little more to have the same volume compared to the other pads. This set up though is not for all genres, there is good extension into the sub bass, but in a way it feels light and impact is taken away. While I do enjoy this set up, I prefer the perforated earpads much more with semi open cups.

Semi Open + Leather.
This is a very addictive, full, impactful and in your face set up, yet somehow it's gentle and very euphoric. I had a lot of fun with this set up, extremely musical, big low end slam, mids take a slight step back but yet heaps of clarity. Detail is crystal clear. This is the set up when you want to rock on, sing out loud and really get lost into the music. It's the most V shaped but in a very tasteful way.

Semi Open + Velour.
This set up again, is very fun, full sounding, less intense but yet very musical and extremely engaging. While with leather I describe it as V shaped, velour is less so. Mids shine through a bit more and the sound is overall very similar, but just turned down a notch. Less low end, more mids, touch less treble. Overall closer to neutral. I really like velour with semi open cups.

Semi Open + Perforated
The sound is still slightly V/U shaped but to me, this is the most closest to neutral. Low end has impact while being very clean and fast, soundstage is spacious and to my ear, this is the most detailed set up. And more detailed than perforated pads with open back. Heaps of clarity comes through yet low end still kicks very nicely. For analytical listening, this is my favourite set up.

So to rank all set ups. Number 1 being my favourite and number 6 being my least.

1. Open Back + Leather

2. Open Back + Velour

3. Semi Open + Leather

4. Semi Open + Velour

5. Semi Open + Perforated

6. Open Back + Perforated

While I feel the Tres is an extremely technical headphone having amazing clarity and detail, some of the most precise imaging I've heard, amazing soundstage with proper depth, great impact in the low end and beautiful weight to the music. The Trez isn't a headphone for analyzing music. Instead it's a musical masterpiece made for pure musical enjoyment. Perforated pads really bring detail and clarity forward but you loose that musical magic that the Tres has. Now I still like the perforated pads and I can see myself using them in gaming or music that doesn't need slamming low end.

At the end of the day this is my personal experience and remember, the 16 ohm and 45 ohm Tres are different in tuning as well. But I hope this can help a few of you with choosing earpads. A little later in the future though, I'll still continue to try other different earpads and I'll try to get some custom made pads to really experiment 😊. Overall though, I am absolutely loving the Tres and to make it clear. It has a huge soundstage, even with the perforated, it might be too much haha

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #475 of 1,241
Here are my quick impressions of the Leather, Perforated and Velour earpads with the 45 ohm Sash Tres with open back and semi open cups.

Open Back + Leather.
This is the most all rounder set up. Low end has great impact and extension while treble has great extension as well. The overall sound is airy, spacious, clean and highly detailed while remaining full and impactful. Mids are forward and full though there is a touch of sizzle up top but it's nothing bothersome. Overall I do feel this is the best performing set up for all types of music.

Open Back + Velour.
Surprisingly the velour is similar to the leather earpads but you gain more air and mids while losing a bit of low end impact and slight roll off into the sub bass. To me this is the most closest to neutral and it's a very clean listening experience. You gain more clarity and soundstage and the mids really shine beautifully with velour earpads. I do feel treble is smoothened a touch but at the same time extension feels further improved. It's a great mix of energy and clarity while still keeping the musicality of the leather earpads.

Open Back + Perforated
This is the brightest set up. To some, it may be too energetic, heaps of air, clarity, and a bunch of detail. Soundstage is huge here, and strangely I had to turn my volume up a little more to have the same volume compared to the other pads. This set up though is not for all genres, there is good extension into the sub bass, but in a way it feels light and impact is taken away. While I do enjoy this set up, I prefer the perforated earpads much more with semi open cups.

Semi Open + Leather.
This is a very addictive, full, impactful and in your face set up, yet somehow it's gentle and very euphoric. I had a lot of fun with this set up, extremely musical, big low end slam, mids take a slight step back but yet heaps of clarity. Detail is crystal clear. This is the set up when you want to rock on, sing out loud and really get lost into the music. It's the most V shaped but in a very tasteful way.

Semi Open + Velour.
This set up again, is very fun, full sounding, less intense but yet very musical and extremely engaging. While with leather I describe it as V shaped, velour is less so. Mids shine through a bit more and the sound is overall very similar, but just turned down a notch. Less low end, more mids, touch less treble. Overall closer to neutral. I really like velour with semi open cups.

Semi Open + Perforated
The sound is still slightly V/U shaped but to me, this is the most closest to neutral. Low end has impact while being very clean and fast, soundstage is spacious and to my ear, this is the most detailed set up. And more detailed than perforated pads with open back. Heaps of clarity comes through yet low end still kicks very nicely. For analytical listening, this is my favourite set up.

So to rank all set ups. Number 1 being my favourite and number 6 being my least.

1. Open Back + Leather

2. Open Back + Velour

3. Semi Open + Leather

4. Semi Open + Velour

5. Semi Open + Perforated

6. Open Back + Perforated

While I feel the Tres is an extremely technical headphone having amazing clarity and detail, some of the most precise imaging I've heard, amazing soundstage with proper depth, great impact in the low end and beautiful weight to the music. The Trez isn't a headphone for analyzing music. Instead it's a musical masterpiece made for pure musical enjoyment. Perforated pads really bring detail and clarity forward but you loose that musical magic that the Tres has. Now I still like the perforated pads and I can see myself using them in gaming or music that doesn't need slamming low end.

At the end of the day this is my personal experience and remember, the 16 ohm and 45 ohm Tres are different in tuning as well. But I hope this can help a few of you with choosing earpads. A little later in the future though, I'll still continue to try other different earpads and I'll try to get some custom made pads to really experiment 😊. Overall though, I am absolutely loving the Tres and to make it clear. It has a huge soundstage, even with the perforated, it might be too much haha
Great impressions. They pretty much align with my expectations. I most likely wouldn't want the perforated or fully velour earpads. So I ordered a custom pair of leather earpads with the velour surface that touches the face. I don't know how or if it would impact the sound or comfort in any way. But we'll see.

Aug 16, 2022 at 2:44 AM Post #476 of 1,241
Great impressions. They pretty much align with my expectations. I most likely wouldn't want the perforated or fully velour earpads. So I ordered a custom pair of leather earpads with the velour surface that touches the face. I don't know how or if it would impact the sound or comfort in any way. But we'll see.
Hybrid pads usually balance out the sound in a good way 😊

Aug 16, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #477 of 1,241
After such a long wait time, mine are finally in my hands today! Astonishing finish and attention to detail. The kanjis are spot on as well! Amazing job Sasha! Just plugged them in for initial listen and burni-in.

Attachments

• IMG_20220816_142909.jpg
    IMG_20220816_142909.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220816_142905.jpg
    IMG_20220816_142905.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220816_142900.jpg
    IMG_20220816_142900.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Aug 16, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #478 of 1,241
Have any impressions and comparisons been established against 1266, LCD-5, Solitaire, D8K and Susvara?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back