SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Sep 6, 2020 at 4:17 AM Post #77 of 1,214
I have some news from Sasha:

- Headphones are now being sold for $350 but closed cups are not included. Cups cost $50. This saves $50 for people who know they don't need closed option.

- New headband with a strap is being designed

- There will also be new earpads (perforated leather, velours, hybrid).

- He now does custom engravings on the cups which are free.

here are some prototype pictures
headband.jpgMaiden.jpgTres headband1.jpgTres headband2.jpgTres headband3.jpg

I have also finally finished my Sash Tres review. I apologize for it being so long. I personally dislike long reviews and now I wrote one myself :o2smile:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/sash-tres.24612/reviews#item-review-24268

Sep 6, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #78 of 1,214
Interesting news as well as your review @Roderick!
I had 3 (minor) complaints with this headphones when I just got em:
- the cable is stiff as hell
- the headband's comfort could be improved just a bit
- the earpads, while ok are just that: ok. room for improvement!

I tackled all 3 of them:
- replacement cable: same pin layout as Audeze so replacement was quite easy. I went for a 3 coloured MavisModz cable I bought from eBay.
- Pilot pad from ZMF to improve the headband comfort
- Dekoni Sheepskin earpads. I've tried the hybrid pads for a while but in the end it's the sheepskin pads that work wonders with the Tres.

With the Dekoni pads and a small bump in the bass region (+6dB 0-80hz) these have become my go-to open back headphones.
IMG_20200906_222012.jpgIMG_20200906_222024.jpg

Sep 7, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #80 of 1,214
Hello to everyone!
I decided to register here
I read your discussions and try to make design changes whenever possible
I am open to questions on the forum
Good to have you here :) Hope you don't hate me for altering your headphones a bit with the pad, headband and cable swap :)
Are we able to order the headband-strap and pads separately?

Sep 7, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #81 of 1,214
Hi Sasha!
Nice to have you hear!

Dec 2, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #87 of 1,214
Well, thanks for this thread guys. I'll be a future owner of the Sash Tres soon. The guy who makes them is actually a really nice fella.
I have chosen open/closed back in brown colour with 2,5mm balanced.
Looking forward to have this in my collection.

PD. Already got the Verum 1 mk2 so it will be nice to compare those great made in Ukrania custom planars.

Dec 6, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #88 of 1,214
play with the screw where the pad is loose
Thank you! Sasha had messaged me also likely to promote this solution(seeing as how he liked your comment). I will test it tonight and it should likely fix my problem but was also curious if anybody here knew of some pad alternatives with this similar nail design? I would like to buy some from Sasha himself but seeing if there are any in state solutions.

Dec 17, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #89 of 1,214
I got the new headband strap for the tres. It's pretty great. No pressure on top of my head. It's made of two different types of (genuine) leather. Stiffer on top to keep the form and softer against the head. I like how the lower part is not porous like on some headstraps. It's easier to clean and does not absorb all the dirt from ones head.
IMG_20201217_183337.jpg
This is different type of strap on another headphone. It sucks in tandrum, grease and all that nasty stuff.
IMG_20201217_183218.jpg
Attachement mechanism for the strap is simple. It just goes under that metal thing.
IMG_20201217_183104.jpg
I've been listening to Tres more now. I allmost forgot how good these things are. Big soundstage and generally large sound is a nice change of pace after more intimate presentation on utopia. Price difference considered it's kind of nuts how much I like the Tres. I also got Monolith Liquid Platinum while ago. I think it does tame some of the edginess on Tres. Tube hybrids in general might be a good match for the Tres. Something like Schiit Vali for example.
IMG_20201217_182841.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 3:05 PM Post #90 of 1,214
I got the new headband strap for the tres. It's pretty great. No pressure on top of my head. It's made of two different types of (genuine) leather. Stiffer on top to keep the form and softer against the head. I like how the lower part is not porous like on some headstraps. It's easier to clean and does not absorb all the dirt from ones head.

This is different type of strap on another headphone. It sucks in tandrum, grease and all that nasty stuff.

Attachement mechanism for the strap is simple. It just goes under that metal thing.

I've been listening to Tres more now. I allmost forgot how good these things are. Big soundstage and generally large sound is a nice change of pace after more intimate presentation on utopia. Price difference considered it's kind of nuts how much I like the Tres. I also got Monolith Liquid Platinum while ago. I think it does tame some of the edginess on Tres. Tube hybrids in general might be a good match for the Tres. Something like Schiit Vali for example.
Amazing man, that headband looks way more convenient. I was going to choose the old headband but Sasha suggested me to get the new.
I can't wait to get mines tbh. Sasha is a top guy and is a pleasure to deal with him.
Without even listening to them I just can say that I can't believe that you can get such a quality product with this level of customization and attention to detail for this price.
Will share pictures of the construction process of mines soon.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back