SASH Deux & Tres; impressive planars from Ukraine
Jan 9, 2021 at 5:09 AM Post #106 of 1,227
My strap arrived today. Switching to the strap was super easy once I figured out he included the longer screws as well :)
IMG_20210109_110648.jpg

Jan 11, 2021 at 8:28 AM Post #108 of 1,227
My Sash Tres just arrived this morning. They came really well protected. Man, these are beautifuly crafted headphones and sturdy as hell, they are built like a tank.
Unfortunately I dont have an screwdriver to adjust the headband and fit them into my head so I won't be able to listen to them until this evening when I buy one. Can't wait!
Will share my first impressions later.

IMG_20210111_123226.jpg

IMG_20210111_123958.jpg

IMG_20210111_123606.jpg

Jan 11, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #109 of 1,227
Looking very good!
The glossy Lacquering with the funky closed cups looks dope! :wink:
I need to tune them with more cloth pads that i removed.

Jan 11, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #114 of 1,227
I Actually dondt use the closed cups.
I prefer open and i had some sheets of cloth when i got i. removed one but have to try to add them again,

Jan 12, 2021 at 4:41 PM Post #115 of 1,227
Hi guys, I'd like to share some impressions after about 8 hours of listening.

I talked about the build quality before, these are just really well made with good materials and they look they are going to last for a while.
‌Fit and comfort: At first, the clamping pressure was a bit too much for me, but I contacted Sasha to ask him if there was any way to reduce it and he explained me how to expand the headband. This really improved the fit and comfort.
‌Cable is average but that's not a big deal in my opinion.

‌Sound (open back): So far, Im really impressed with them. I found them to be pretty neutral, slighty on the warm side if so.
They got a decent amount of bass for a planar, nice sub bass and a pleasing thump when needed although they are far to be bass cannons. Also, the bass got nice texture and articulation.

‌The mids are rich and forward with good clarity. Both male and female voices sound great, never shouty. That's great because some of planars that I heard usually got veiled mids

The sash tres are a bit on the bright side in the treble department, but theres is not sibilance and they don't sound harsh or fatiguing, at least for me. They also got a fair amount of detail and resolution.

Soundstage is probably what impressed me the most, they have a wide soundstage with accurate imaging. Listening to Yosi Horikawa on the tres was quite an experience. Althought I only used them for about 30 minutes with my ps4 I think they could be really good for gaming purposes.

With the closed cups, the Tres still mantains most of his sound signature. Bass gets thicker but it looses a bit of quality compared to the open version. Mids gets a bit recessed but they still sound really good.
Highs gets sharper with the cups but again it never sounded harsh despite the energic presentation.
Overall I prefer pretty much the open version but being able to use the closed cups in case I just need some isolation is a win.

It's inevitable to compare the Sash Tres with the also Ukranian Verum One. I own the Verum one mk2 since October and I can't be happier with them. I feel that they are fairly similar but both got their own personality to justify owning both.

The ucranian giant Killers
IMG_20210112_134104.jpg

In my opinion the Verum are a bit more neutral and have a more flat presentantion than the Sash Tres. That doesn't mean that the Verum are analytical headphone, they are far for that, they have a lush musical presentation with some coloration but sounding really natural.
Verum got recessed mids in comparison with the Tres.

The Sash tres in the other hand, have a more dynamic presentation with more energy, sounding fun and aggresive while keeping the musicality. I feel that they have more bass than the Verum. I think that overall, bass sounds better in the Tres, but I prefer the subass clarity of the Verums.
Highs are really similar in both headphones but Tres got a bit more technical ability in the treble.

Soundstage is wider in the Tres and more intimate in the Verums, and this is really define the personality of these cans.
Build quality is amazing in both of them. The Verum one got a more refined build and styling. The Tres is a bit more rough and Industrial, but gorgeous in open and closed back.

Comfort is really good in both, they are about the same weight, but I give this point to the Verum because the adjustment system is easier to use and the clamping force is a bit lighter.

IMG_20210112_104705.jpg

Overall I love both and can't pick a winner. They are fantastic headphones that sound good with all genres of music and perform way above their price. For me, they are pieces of art, not just simple headphones.

I still need to listen more to the Tres but i can't believe that a single person can produce such a quality product for this price. Big companies should look at this kind of headphones and think about what they are doing wrong. Sasha and Igor (Verum one) proved that it's possible to make headphones with great quality materials and sound for an affordable price.

Congratulations to Sasha for his amazing customer service and attention to detail, It was a pleasure to follow the building of my pair. Wish him the best for his life and future projects and really looking forward for the next Sash model.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #119 of 1,227
Today I tried my Sash Très again as closed back and was pleasantly surprised (as usual with this headphone).
The closed back version is a lot more V shaped and the air seems to be a bit sucked out of the soundstage if that makes any sense :s
Bass response is impressive though and with the Dekoni sheepskin pads the seal is perfect. I guess all it needs now is a bit more/better tuning by fiddling with with dampening materials.
Luckily I own a RME ADI-2 DAC, using the EQ I could 'fix' part of the problem by setting the following:
- +3dB @ 80hz, 0.9q
- +3.5dB @ 500hz, 1q
- +2.5dB @ 1khz, 1q
- -2.5dB @ 6.4khz, 2q
Perhaps Oleksandr can learn from Focal and Kennerton by installing / machining cups with those dome shaped cones to counter the reflections :D

Focal:
1611500274207.png

Kennerton:
1611500429395.png

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #120 of 1,227
Today I tried my Sash Très again as closed back and was pleasantly surprised (as usual with this headphone).
The closed back version is a lot more V shaped and the air seems to be a bit sucked out of the soundstage if that makes any sense :s
Bass response is impressive though and with the Dekoni sheepskin pads the seal is perfect. I guess all it needs now is a bit more/better tuning by fiddling with with dampening materials.
Perhaps Oleksandr can learn from Focal and Kennerton by installing / machining cups with those dome shaped cones to counter the reflections :D

Focal:
1611500274207.png

Kennerton:
1611500429395.png
Yeah I think that althought they sound very good as closed back, I think it's plenty of room for imprevement, either with dampening or the shape of the cups as you have shown here.

I've been using them as closed back for a week or so and really like them. After playing with how much amount of dampening was the best for me, I finally ended with just two of the pink felt material and 2 cotton discs that Sasha included. It sounds better for me with minimal dampening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back