Santa came early!
Jul 29, 2007 at 5:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Nebby

Headphoneus Supremus
934657255_79539132f2_b.jpg

It's been a fun day listening to the gear and doing a bunch of A/B'ing....and this isn't even the meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 29, 2007 at 5:27 AM Post #2 of 17
Great lamp! Have fun but you need to turn it on. Any close-ups?

Jul 29, 2007 at 6:31 AM Post #4 of 17
Congratulations with the silver Apache!
biggrin.gif

Jul 29, 2007 at 6:43 AM Post #6 of 17
Are those Sony CD3000's with Bubinga R-10 replica driver housings?! The wood looks way too dark to be actual R-10's and the chamber looks off-milled, no?... How do they sound either way?

Jul 29, 2007 at 6:56 AM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are those Sony CD3000's with Bubinga R-10 replica driver housings?! The wood looks way too dark to be actual R-10's and the chamber looks off-milled, no?... How do they sound either way?

Of all the stellar gear in this pic... this is the one thing that looked a little "odd", yet I couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was.
icon10.gif

Jul 29, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of all the stellar gear in this pic... this is the one thing that looked a little "odd", yet I couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was.
icon10.gif

What about that thing under the silk hanky? I'm curious.
evil_smiley.gif

But yes, the CD3000's were the first thing that caught my eye.
3000smile.gif
Now with the bigger pic they almost look like a Bubinga/Purple Heart combination much like purk's old pair. Hrm... Where'd you get those? And wow, the Senn HD595 hanger they're on fit the headband quite perfectly it looks like.

Nice Sony source on the bottom, too. What model exactly?

Jul 29, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #10 of 17
I must insist you get an acrylic cover for the Scout. Seriously, that is two nice looking setups. Are you running speakers?

Jul 29, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #12 of 17
Yes they are Headphiled CD3k with R10 style wood. I got them in trade from Pete7 a while back. How do they sound? I love them, much better then then stock CD3k IMHO.

More picks will follow with an impressions thread. This was just a fun shot with a lot of gear in one place (and you can only see 3 sets of the 8 we have in the house right now)
wink.gif

Your right, the Scout needs a cover. This will do until my wallet recovers in the next couple of weeks. Blew out my new phono stage in the first 20 minutes of listening to it and have to send it off for repairs yesterday. It's kinda better if I don't see it actually right now. Though a very quick A/B with
Led Zeppelin 'Babe I'm going to Leave You' vinyl and CD through the Meridian, the vinyl won hands down. It was fun. Once the stage gets back and I learn not to install jumpers while the power is on, then the vinyl will spin again.

We have been listening to my speakers more than headphone. Picked up a pair of AV123 Strata Mini's (like the pair Sleestack has) and am powering them balanced with a Pass Labs Aleph 30. The Apache is a very good preamp and makes things very easy to A/B with difference sources. Really we have too much equipment to even focus on right now. It is one wow after another.
icon10.gif

Jul 30, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #13 of 17
Nebby, So why own both a black and silver Apache?

Jul 30, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #15 of 17
The silver Apache is mine, the black Apache is Johnsonad's. I had the Apache shipped to his place so I could pick it up and also do some A/B'ing at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back