Sansa Fuze Appreciation Thread
Jan 17, 2013 at 5:06 AM Post #91 of 103
Also lee if you think the studio is good, you should hear my fuze with the AD797.

You get warmth, plus lush and rich detail with a laid back sound, and dare i say it almost tube like.

It's why i love my P4, you can make up for any shortcomings just by rolling the buffers and op amps.

Jan 17, 2013 at 5:07 AM Post #92 of 103
Quote:
It would need to be a pretty good used price after the extend of your loaner tour. 1500 people as I understand were involved.

I fear I'll be deaf from old age before it arrives.

lol it should be on its way to you I think after DigitalFreak is done comparing it to his Studio V 3rd ANV.

Jan 17, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #93 of 103
Quote:
Also lee if you think the studio is good, you should hear my fuze with the AD797.

You get warmth, plus lush and rich detail with a laid back sound, and dare i say it almost tube like.

It's why i love my P4, you can make up for any shortcomings just by rolling the buffers and op amps.

Pretty much if you are use to the quirks on Hisounds players the only issue you may have is some slight hiss on the Studio V. Although after a minute of listening it really disappers (you get use to it I guess lol). Other than that the player is really, really good. I mean I'm preferring it so far over the modded RWA AK100 which is more than double its price lol. Which is also kinda pissing me off.... I guess when you compare them directly. The RWA AK100 sounds a bit veiled at lower volumes. Like its lacking dynamics and you have to push the volume up to really bring it to life. The problem here is when you do that you are listening at a volume that is not safe for your hearing....

Jan 17, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #94 of 103
Well just done a quick listen. And yes there is a veil over the music, not in a laid back sense it's like you say there's an added warmth only it feels artificial to my ears.

The C3 does have a relaxing sound, but you do sacrifice imaging and some detail.

Funny you should mention the studio anv, if the X3 doesn't live up to the hype i think i'll be snagging me the studio instead.

Very interesting, detail and imaging are important to me, I wonder if Rocco P would be my cup of tea. Seeing as the BA is a step up again I'll wait and find out. But I agree and can see C3's limitations, it still has something I enjoy though, something audiophile about the signature.

Thanks for taking time to do that Huxely!

Jan 17, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #95 of 103
Quote:
Very interesting, detail and imaging are important to me, I wonder if Rocco P would be my cup of tea. Aeeing as the BA is a step up again I'll wait and find out. But I agree and can see C3's limitations, it still has something I enjoy though, something audiophile about the signature.

Thanks for taking time to do that Huxely!

I bet you the Hifiman 601 is more relaxing. :) It's put me to sleep a few times lol. Not good to use it with the IE8s when driving home from work on a grave shift and falling asleep behind the wheel :wink:.

Jan 17, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #96 of 103
Quote:
Very interesting, detail and imaging are important to me, I wonder if Rocco P would be my cup of tea.Seeing as the BA is a step up again I'll wait and find out. But I agree and can see C3's limitations, it still has something I enjoy though, something audiophile about the signature.

Thanks for taking time to do that Huxley!

No problem, im on holiday anyway
ksc75smile.gif

Personally if the batter and line out isn't vital, id stick with the Rocoo but that's just me,
but i love the finish on the amv hence my reason for choosing it, not to mention it's meant to be marginally better than the stock studio v.

Grab a cheap lod and amp up that fuze, i think you might be pleasantly surprised.

Lee - Funny you should mention the hifiman, that's one unit i've been umming about though again i'll see what the 901 brings first.

Jan 17, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #97 of 103
Yep the Studio V is the sexiest DAP I've seen yet. Even more so than the AK100. Kinda makes the AK100 look cheap next to eachother. Then again with the durability its hard to beat. I remember when I dropped my first unit and I had no shoes on. I moved my feet out of its way lol. Its pretty sharp :p.

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #98 of 103
Well, I did some amping with the Fuze from headphone out and was rather impressed enough to purchase an LOD.

I'll report back when it arrives.

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #99 of 103
Quote:
Well, I did some amping with the Fuze from headphone out and was rather impressed enough to purchase an LOD.

I'll report back when it arrives.

Just curious which lod did you buy?

Mine came from audio minor on ebay, i believe he's also a member here anyway it's been a solid cable.

I think depending on your amp, you might want caps in the lod.

Something to do with fuze outputting a small dc voltage on the lod, most amps would be protected from this but not all.

Many would argue there's no difference using the lod, but i beg to differ as i find it cleaner.

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #100 of 103
Just curious which lod did you buy?

Mine came from audio minor on ebay, i believe he's also a member here anyway it's been a solid cable.

I think depending on your amp, you might want caps in the lod.

Something to do with fuze outputting a small dc voltage on the lod, most amps would be protected from this but not all.

Many would argue there's no difference using the lod, but i beg to differ as i find it cleaner.

I already have a selection of mini to mini interconnects here so I went with the adapter.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/170870295395?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I've seen the one from audio minor, I really like it but cannot justify the money yet on this player.

I'm using the C&C BH, do you think I have protection? :eek: specs are on the front page. I don't want to hurt my new amp. :mad: You have just made me very cautious of this. How much of a concern is this? Have we had amps blowing up left right and centre?

I've read about the non differences between amping headphone out and LOD, a few members are also curious so I'll give a comparison, but with Chinese new year delays this LOD adapter may be many weeks away.

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #101 of 103
After a quick look, seems it doesn't affect the amp, what might happen is the amp will boost the dc offset possibly changing the sound
or worse damaging you phones

Can't say i've heard of it happening mind, and the only amp i've heard of without the protection is the cmoy anyway.

Anway have a read here

http://www.inearmatters.net/2010/09/review-mod-fiio-l6-lod-for-sansa-fuze.html

Why not ask the ebay seller where you got your amp, whether it comes fitted with dc blocking caps in the input stage.

Jan 17, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #102 of 103
I had a read of that link thanks, very well written interesting read. it says in the listing the LOD adapter has a cap built in.

Because I really don't want to take the risk, I don't want to fry my BA IEM's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back