Sansa Fuze 8gb with 16 gb micro SD or not?
Mar 31, 2009 at 11:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

onurrus

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Head-fiers

I am planning to buy Sansa fuze 8gb from amazon(price seems not bad94 usd) and I am planning to buy 16 gb micro sd card.Do you have any experiences with 16 gb card on fuze? Some says its too slow to load music on it,
If its that bad I may thing to buy 8 gb card on it,

Regards
Onur.

Mar 31, 2009 at 11:28 AM Post #2 of 16
I am using 8GB SDHC Class 6 on my Fuze now. I am also interested in upgrading to 16GB once I can find a good price for it. I would imagine the SDHC classes also play a role on how fast the music can be loaded. You would probably want something with Class 4 or above.

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:13 PM Post #3 of 16
I browsed one 16 gb class 2 for 42 usd.And the 8gb one is also class 2 for 12.But I am afraid its too slow as you told :S

Now I read on amazon reviews someone says it took 2 hours to fill the 16 gb card.Its sort of too much just to load music.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #4 of 16
I'm waiting for them to release a 16gb Fuze and the 32gb microSDs that are supposed to be out by summer
tongue.gif

Mar 31, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #5 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm waiting for them to release a 16gb Fuze and the 32gb microSDs that are supposed to be out by summer
tongue.gif

It sounds excellenet but when they are just released always pricey
L3000.gif

Apr 1, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #6 of 16
8gb fuze has been on sale for 60 a few times in recent months FYI...

Apr 2, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
8gb fuze has been on sale for 60 a few times in recent months FYI...

Thats a very good price for 8gb,Where was the price 60.and is it still 60?

Apr 2, 2009 at 6:36 AM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by metal112524 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my 4gb for $50 (could of been 40 but didnt put a coupon code) now newegg.com has the blue one 4gb for $40 with free ship. Mind you this is refurb, and i bought this as well, although I don't think you need a class 6 for the fuze but it will pair nicely with my hd cam, if I ever need it to.

Adata Turbo Series 16GB Class 6 MicroSDHC with SD Card Adatper

I think I am sort of old fashioned about the refurbished ones.I better to buy a brand new one.And I think class 2 will be not bad.I can handle with slowly putting music in it,all I am afraid of is having problem on flac files.Flac is why I sold my iriver clix and bought that one..

Apr 2, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #10 of 16
now, while supporting the 8gb officialy gives it SDHC support, meaning it should take cards up to 32GB (when they are introduced, max microSD is 16GB at the moment)

BUT official specifications say maximum 8GB, meaning that there could be an addressing limit or a file number limit which makes 16GB cards unpractical,

Apr 2, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
now, while supporting the 8gb officialy gives it SDHC support, meaning it should take cards up to 32GB (when they are introduced, max microSD is 16GB at the moment)

BUT official specifications say maximum 8GB, meaning that there could be an addressing limit or a file number limit which makes 16GB cards unpractical,

Well that makes sense Aevum.I dont want to suffer with 16gb card,Thank you a lot!

Apr 2, 2009 at 7:04 AM Post #12 of 16
Ummm in recent months (aka since black friday) it's been 60 at Best Buy and at Overstock.com. The item isn't at that price point now, but I would try and shoot for 70 if you could at the most, unless you're desperate for it now!
wink.gif

8gb clip is 50 at walmart right now too!

Apr 2, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The Fuze currently does have a file limit of 4,000, however the new firmware release coming any day now (expected release date was end of March) will raise the limit to 8,000.

Re FLAC concerns on 16gb cards, there haven't been any complaints/problems posted on the Sansa Fuse support forum. Flac files play just fine off my 4gb class 2 card.

Apr 2, 2009 at 7:58 AM Post #14 of 16
I am checking them.Clip sounds good too muth storage is a little too few for a player can play flac.and the battery life is shorter.Hope I can find a black Fuze for 70 bucks.It sounds well to my ear
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back