Sansa Clip plus will not unlock
May 25, 2012 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

novice1

New Head-Fier
When I start playing a song, my Clip Plus locks.  I press and hold the home key, and a different screen appears for an instant, then locks again. I tried reformatting, and then reinstalling the firmware, but the problem is not fixed.  Anything I can do, or is it "broken"?  Thanks

May 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 8
Stock or rockbox?

May 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #3 of 8
Stock. But, I did put Rockbox on it a while ago, but for my purposes preferred the stock.  I thought I had removed all of the Rockbox. I used the uninstall, then manually put the firmware on the clip. 

May 26, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #4 of 8
Have you tried rolling back to an older firmware? And then updating from that? Or just using an older firmware and see how it goes. I doubt very much your Clip+ is broken as everything seems to still work except for the lock screen. It sounds like a firmware problem. 

May 26, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #6 of 8
I installed 1.0.09A, reformatted, reinstalled, added new songs, and still the same problem.  The clip unlocks for at most 1 second or so, and then locks again.  I'll reinstall rockbox and see if that works, but I it looks like it won't be fixed.  Anything else I should try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back