Sansa Clip? Opinions
Apr 29, 2008 at 2:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

tstarn06

Banned
My addiction has struck again. I have 8GB, 4GB and 80GB DAPs, but when Amazon sent me a $25 gift cert for using my Amazon VISA, I headed straight for the MP3 section to see what form of DAP I could add to my collection. Debated Creative Stone or Sansa Clip (1GB models), and went with the Clip based on Amazon feedback.

Now, looking for some good feelings about the Clip. Since I own the e270 (refurbed unit via Woot), I figure the SQ will be about the same. Any views?

Apr 29, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #2 of 37
There are probably more than 10 threads on this subject here already.

General consensus is that it has some of the best SQ of any portable player. Search function is your friend.

Apr 29, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 37
Yeah, well, I did go to the search function first. And guess what? I got a page full of worthless threads that didn't really deliver comments on the Clip specifically. No need to be a smartass. I've been here for awhile, and one thing about Head-Fi, the search function has a lot to be desired.

I did find some good posts using the search post, rather than thread post.

I'm not knocking Head-Fi, cause it's a great place. But searching here is no picnic. And it's especially annoying when people have to take a patronizing POV as a result of someone posting.

Apr 29, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #4 of 37
I bought one a few weeks ago and really enjoy it. Compares very favorably to me iRiver Clix2 at a fraction of the price. I use for outdoors stuff, so I like the clip to attach it to my shirt. The SQ is surprisingly good. Much better than the Apple Clip and better than a Sansa unit my daughter used to own (before it went kaput).

It seems well enough made. Uses a straight mini USB and no proprietary plug like older Sansas in this price range.

I'm using Yuin PK2 with no amp.

Apr 29, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #5 of 37
The sound quality will be far superior to the e270, which was one of the worst sounding players I've used, though I got rid of it before Rockbox (I'm assuming it's a v1 you have, since it's a refurb from Woot, I've seen some reports the v2's sound better). The Sansa Clip, on the other hand, is one of the best sounding MP3 players on the market.

Apr 29, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #6 of 37
It's cheap, battery lasts longer than you'd expect, amplifies smaller phones extremely well, small, drag and drop, has a screen (simple to use UI).

There's nothing bad to say about it. For an ultraportable throwaround player, you can't go wrong.

Apr 29, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #7 of 37
Thanks all, and yes, the e270 does not perform well on the SQ front and I had seen that the Clip was rated highly, so I wondered. May have to sell the 270 or give it away to someone. I do like the 8GB storage, but prefer the Sony in that category (4-8 GB), by a mile.

Looking forward to loading it up with a good single playlist.

Apr 30, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #8 of 37
I love it [the sansa clip] the short time i got to check it out. I like it much better than the ipod shuffle because it has a display at least, and its just plain freeking cute...lol.
Only thing though, the battery isnt replaceable as per the sandisk site. The e-200 series has a replaceable battery, and the m240 etc, uses a standard AAA battery which is great.

May 12, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #9 of 37
bought it for the gym and absolutely love it, sounds wonderful and looks great. I really like the screen on it too, great player
smily_headphones1.gif

May 13, 2008 at 12:22 AM Post #10 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, well, I did go to the search function first. And guess what? I got a page full of worthless threads that didn't really deliver comments on the Clip specifically.

Try using the advanced search and searching only in thread titles, that usually helps me.

May 13, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #14 of 37
Hey nsx_23, I see you got both the H320 and the Clip, how would you say the bass compares on the Clip relative to the H320? Is it more punchy or less, and how much bass quantity is there?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back